• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Over 70 car driver rentals

bobby

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you do if the car rental companies limit you to being 70 or under? We put in all the required data for a Jamaican rental and didn't see an age mention until after we successfully booked a rental. It was in the fine print that came with the booking. What do you think will happen when we (74/72) go to get the car? We plan to assume they won't notice the age since we have our confirmation. (Dye our hair?) What do people do to get to timeshares if they can't drive? There is a transfer bus to this resort, but we like to do exploring too.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're both over 70, and have not had this come up. Whether you dye your hair (if you have some :) or not, I bet your birth date is on your driver's license. I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that the rental will go as usual. I bet the rental contract has that fine print in there so they can exclude some old, clearly decrepit codger and/or codgeress who want to rent a Camero convertible for 'one last fling'. For some reassurance though, why not call around to a few car rental agencies and ask them their policy.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
What company? And is this policy limited to Jamaica?
Jamaica is one of the few countries where Visa/MC CDW coverage doesn't apply (the others including Ireland, Italy, and Israel ... what is it about countries starting with ""I"? ...) -- could this be related?

bobby

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What company? And is this policy limited to Jamaica?
Jamaica is one of the few countries where Visa/MC CDW coverage doesn't apply (the others including Ireland, Italy, and Israel ... what is it about countries starting with ""I"? ...) -- could this be related?

The company is Chaliscarrental and they have other spots than our Montego Bay. They responded to a question immediately by email and said someone would have our name on a sign as we exited airport to drive us the one mile to car pickup. After doing this, I really doubt they would deny us the car and I don't want to flag us. I did xerox our car insurance showing no incidents in the past five years, top rating.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My advice: Don't show up with a cane and walker, or call the rental agent "Sonny." <ducking>