• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Over 3,500 people quarantined on Diamond Princess cruise after guest tests positive for coronavirus

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
They are testing the vaccine.

Richard
Actually, my answer was too brief. The research group from Kaiser Permanente Washington Health Research Institute are working on the vaccine and the research group from the University of Nebraska is working with Remdesivir as a treatment for patients with Covid-19 and pneumonia.

For more info see the "Time" article that was linked -

Coronavirus Drug and Vaccine Studies Are
Recruiting Their First Volunteers.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
CDC says coronavirus survived in Princess Cruise
ship cabins for up to 17 days after passengers left.

Richard

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Again I will ask this question. How often are air filter change on a cruise ship?
I understand fresh air is pump in and circulated from the outside with fresh air daily inside a ship. But all cruise ships changing their air filters regularly?

I inspect and change my air filters at home every thirty (30) days because I have sinus problems.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it just me who feels that everyone is going nuts ever a nothing burger? Don't the prevention measures all over the world cause more pain than the actual disease? Are we sure people actually died from Corona virus rather than from other pre-existing conditions? I personally find this whole thing very suspicious.

As the saying goes, "if only we knew then what we knew then."

This thread went quiet after the cruise ship passengers finally got off the ships and home.
Did you know even now many thousands of crew members remain stranded at sea? (Hard to be more specific since the CDC only concerns itself with ships entering U.S. waters.)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last figure were over 34,000 crew members still stranded. There are three (3) Norwegian Cruise ships docked at the Portsmouth Marine Terminal, Portsmouth, VA.
These crews members cannot leave those cruise ships for any reason.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
The last figure were over 34,000 crew members still stranded. There are three (3) Norwegian Cruise ships docked at the Portsmouth Marine Terminal, Portsmouth, VA.
These crews members cannot leave those cruise ships for any reason.
Then Norwegian Cruise Lines and the country under which the ships are registered should be held accountable.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
What exactly do you expect the cruise lines to do? These are foreign nationals, the countries they are docked at will not let them off. Is each cruise lines just suppose to drop them off at their home country while on a round the world trip.

Better solution is to let them off the ships, why don't we have an answer to that. That is not under the cruise lines control. So who controls that.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
What exactly do you expect the cruise lines to do? These are foreign nationals, the countries they are docked at will not let them off. Is each cruise lines just suppose to drop them off at their home country while on a round the world trip.

Better solution is to let them off the ships, why don't we have an answer to that. That is not under the cruise lines control. So who controls that.
This IS under the cruise lines control because if these ships were registered in the United States, the workers would have the legal protection they currently lack. When companies choose to register their ships in the country which allows them to exploit workers in this manner, the companies deserve every bit of scorn coming their way.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess you have never sailed on Pride of America. This is the American Flagged NCL ship. Go read some reviews. Between costs and service, the cruise lines would all fail. This is the same as the Made in USA manta, except people want to shop it at Walmart pricing.

Why is it that the countries NOT letting people off a ship have anything to do with the country that ship if flagged under. Most of those people are not from that country either.

Brett

Reaction score
Is it just me who feels that everyone is going nuts ever a nothing burger? Don't the prevention measures all over the world cause more pain than the actual disease? Are we sure people actually died from Corona virus rather than from other pre-existing conditions? I personally find this whole thing very suspicious.

interesting reading some posts from a long time ago ..... (4 months)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The three (3) NCL ships at the Portsmouth Marine Terminal are the Bliss, Encore and the Spirit.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The three NCL ships in port only contained a small numbers crew members to maintain the ships. You need to ask that question to NCL, the Coast Guard, and Immigration.?

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused.
Once the ships are quarantined for 14 days -- why can't they come onshore?
Come ashore and fly home nonessential cruise members? Because that would require thinking logically and rationally instead of with fear soaked reptilian brain making emotional decisions without critical thinking- something that’s been going on since day 1 and is STILL going on.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have not heard anything lately on the news about these ships out at sea. Are they still out there with the crew members.

Conan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have not heard anything lately on the news about these ships out at sea. Are they still out there with the crew members.
Over 200,000 Seafarers Fear There’s No Plan to Disembark Them
July 8, 2020: "[M]ore than 200,000 more seafarers remain trapped on ships around the world, from cargo vessels and oil tankers to luxury cruise liners."
www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-08/pregnant-and-stuck-on-a-ship-in-the-middle-of-the-pandemic

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
A new development Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines has changed its name to Royaal Caribbean Group effective Immediately. This is posted on Cruise Critic website.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A new development Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines has changed its name to Royaal Caribbean Group effective Immediately. This is posted on Cruise Critic website.

That is not really news it is just a name for the holding company that owns a variety of cruises lines. What is news is that they bought out the remaining portion of Silverseas that they did not own. Now they operate RCCL, Celebrity, Azamara, and Silversea. They also have partial ownership of several smaller regional companies.