• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Over 100 million iPhones Now in Use in U.S., Nearly Two-Thirds are iPhone 6 or Later

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Over 100 Million iPhones Now in Use in U.S., Nearly Two-Thirds are iPhone 6 or Later - by Juli Clover/ MacRumors/ macrumors.com

"More than an estimated 100 million iPhones are being used in the United States, according to new data shared by Consumer Intelligence Research Partners [PDF]. At the end of the September 2015 quarter, more than 101 million iPhones were in use, and two-thirds of those iPhones were newer iPhones that have been released in 2014 and 2015.

An estimated 58 million of the 101 million iPhones in use were the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, while four million were iPhone 6s and 6s Plus models..."

Richard

ziravan

TUG Member
Reaction score
After 6 consecutive android phones and having been burned on the last one (routine HTC update turned my phone into a brick, losing everything on it), I now own my first I Phone.

That update/destruction of my phone happened on the next to last day of a WDW trip, and we lost hundreds of photos.

The only thing I miss is auto resizing pages that I'm reading.

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cnt me out. I still use my old Samsung clam shell. I know myself and if I got a smart phone I would inundate myself in trying to get the most out of it. I have other things I would rather do. Probably costs me a lot less but I have never bothered to put the pencil to it.

George

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
I've never figured out why they call them smart phones? I have the Apple 5 and trust me, putting it in the hands of an idiot does not automatically make it "smart"!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stupid gets smarter...

I've never figured out why they call them smart phones? I have the Apple 5 and trust me, putting it in the hands of an idiot does not automatically make it "smart"!

I would (and I do) readily and admittedly classify myself as a true techno-idiot by almost any possible standard or measure, but since dumping the old flip phone for an iPhone 5s some months ago (I didn't want anything any larger in size, so I deliberately chose to pass on the iPhone 6), I am continually astounded by just how "smart" this smartphone really is, particularly with helpful add-on apps.

The "smart" features and apps that I've come to utilize and appreciate are immediate access to street maps, topographical maps, compass, flashlight, camera, calendar (for appointments), notes ("to do", grocery lists), contacts (all email addresses and phone numbers for nearly everyone I know), Yelp app (for restaurant reviews), voice activated phone call initiation, memo audio recording of quick reminders, legal notes, etc. Better quality audio than on my old flip phone too. I don't "text" much --- and I intend to maintain some marginal level of literacy and writing skill by continuing to avoid that particular form of dumbed down "thumb communication". ;)

That being said, I don't ever use the smartphone for access to TUG, since (IMnsHO) the very lame Tapatalk app really stinks (and I access TUG only from my computer at home in my spare time anyhow).

This "smart" phone has thoroughly convinced me that I was not particularly smart to have stubbornly waited so long to finally get one.

Last edited:

ziravan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would (and I do) readily and admittedly classify myself as a true techno-idiot by almost any possible standard or measure, but since dumping the old flip phone for an iPhone 5s some months ago (I didn't want anything any larger in size, so I deliberately chose to pass on the iPhone 6), I am continually astounded by just how "smart" this smartphone really is, particularly with helpful add-on apps.

The "smart" features and apps that I've come to utilize and appreciate are immediate access to street maps, topographical maps, compass, flashlight, camera, calendar (for appointments), notes ("to do", grocery lists), contacts (all email addresses and phone numbers for nearly everyone I know), Yelp app (for restaurant reviews), voice activated phone call initiation, memo audio recording of quick reminders, legal notes, etc. Better quality audio than on my old flip phone too. I don't "text" much --- and I intend to maintain some marginal level of literacy and writing skill by continuing to avoid that particular form of dumbed down "thumb communication". ;)

That being said, I don't ever use the smartphone for access to TUG, since (IMnsHO) the very lame Tapatalk app really stinks (and I access TUG only from my computer at home in my spare time anyhow).

This "smart" phone has thoroughly convinced me that I was not particularly smart to have stubbornly waited so long to finally get one.

You don't have to use tapatalk to access tug on iPhone. I don't. I access it as a full site website.

Works just fine. Typing this on my iPhone now.