• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ovations or PIC...dilemma solved!

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Sooo....I have been wrestling as to whether I am taking the plunge and getting my second PIC and then making the telesales purchase and turning in a Sedona resale deed that is my highest rate for MFs (this would get me Gold VIP before the change) OR just dumping Sedona via Ovations and maybe doing the PIC thing later. In any case, Sedona will be gone as it is my highest MF and as a resale, it can leave my portfolio. I'm still keeping my National Harbor (retail) and Bali Hai (resale) deeds.

I had already moved all the 2020 points left in my use year to 2021. Annnnd, so there are almost 1M 2021 points to use! YIKES that is a lot for someone who is still working multiple jobs and has flexible, but limited time off. Now, if I'm teaching ONLINE...heck, yeah, I could do that from a beach. :)

I called Ovations. They are taking my Sedona deed. Just FYI, the Wyndham Cares rep said that the paperwork would be sent to me in 6-8 weeks and then upon return it will be another 6-8 weeks to process. The phone call didn't take too long. I'm posting here to document the time frame for my Ovation to be processed. I was concerned that I had already rolled this year's use points into next year. They said that it is the NEXT use year that needs to be intact. Alrighty! Once processed I will be saving about $78/month on MFs.

Here's hoping that someone will buy our university's hospital so we can maintain cashflow beyond January 1. It is a bad time when you work for a state university and all the money is going to COVID-19 and to unemployment, etc. And when the state and the university are more stable, I'm looking forward to doing the PIC thing. I have 1 4-BR week already and my broker had another for me for $1. I'm still thinking about snagging it but I think I need to wait a few months to see what is happening with all of my jobs (yeah, the church musician thing is unstable right now, too...thank goodness my eBay store is going great guns!).

So here it is: May 22, 2020--the Ovation process starts for a Sedona deed. I got email confirmation of the process and the phone call within minutes of hanging up.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TODAY, my monthly MF was reduced! So they have taken care of my Sedona deed.

I notarized my documents and sent them in PRIORITY mail on Aug. 4...Today is Aug. 25 and all taken care of.

3 months start to finish.

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
Thanks for update!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
TODAY, my monthly MF was reduced! So they have taken care of my Sedona deed.

I notarized my documents and sent them in PRIORITY mail on Aug. 4...Today is Aug. 25 and all taken care of.

3 months start to finish.
I am interested to know if they will sell you developer points now that you gave back a deed with Ovations. I had a sales weasel tell me at Bonnet Creek he couldn't sell me if he wanted to because I had a deed approved to go back Ovations. I never proceeded with the Ovations process because I didn't own the deed for at least a year and brought this over sight to Wyndhams attention.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know...there might be a difference in that I kept 2 deeds (one resale and one retail). I think that I asked about PICing later and no red flags went up. But I'm not sure of that memory right now.

I think that telesales is different than the resort sales team...maybe Richelle or others with more Ovations experience than I can answer.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know...there might be a difference in that I kept 2 deeds (one resale and one retail). I think that I asked about PICing later and no red flags went up. But I'm not sure of that memory right now.

I think that telesales is different than the resort sales team...maybe Richelle or others with more Ovations experience than I can answer.
I had several more deeds at the time also. I know @Richelle gave back a resale deed recently with Ovations she should be able to clarify if this is true or not. Unfortunately Wyndham has the right to change program rules when they feel it is necessary. They also do not put the rules in writing when transferring deeds in or out on points, negative points or the non prorating of points on use year alignments.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I had several more deeds at the time also. I know @Richelle gave back a resale deed recently with Ovations she should be able to clarify if this is true or not. Unfortunately Wyndham has the right to change program rules when they feel it is necessary. They also do not put the rules in writing when transferring deeds in or out on points, negative points or the non prorating of points on use year alignments.

I did turn one in and they still asked us to go to updates multiple times. I had to request to be added to the do not sell list before they stopped asking. Although Fairfield Glade didn't seem to get that message. They asked us when we went there a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't there to tell them no. My mom signed us up. I was expecting them to catch it at some point, but they never did. When I told them I was on the list, they said it wasn't marked properly. Convenient excuse. No other resort I went to asked me to do an update.