• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Outrageous Outrigger Resort Fees

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Today's rant. We go to Kauai every year now, but some years we like to stay 3-5 nights at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort. When we first stayed there in 1986, the city view room was $75/night. Now a city view room is $400-500/night. I can understand that demand is high and they can fill the hotel with people willing to pay that much. What I think is outrageous is the $45/night resort fee that they add on, and it doesn't even include parking. Has anyone seen a resort fee higher than that? I could do without all the "benefits" offered with the resort fee, except pool access. They should make it optional. Here's what you get.

A charge of $45 USD plus tax per day, per room will be added to room charges at check-out.
This fee provides guests of Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort with these benefits:
  • Wireless high-speed Internet access, maximum 4 devices per room
  • Local and international phone calls up to 60 minutes daily
  • Recyclable water bottles
  • Outrigger logo tote bag
  • In-room coffee and tea replenished daily
  • Access to Fitness Center
  • Access to pool
  • Use of beach towels
  • Resort cultural activities
  • All Good reef-friendly sunscreen available at the pool
  • Free breakfast for children 5 years and younger with purchase of an adult meal from menu at Duke's Waikiki or Hula Grill
Discounts at nearby attractions:
  • Honolulu Museum of Art: Free admission for 2 adults
  • Waikiki Aquarium: One (1) Free Junior Admission (ages 4-12) per paying adult OR $1 off regular Adult Admission for Outrigger guests without kids
  • Bishop Museum: $5 off General Admission for up to four adults or one free child’s admission for each paying adult (show guestroom keycard)
Additional optional charges:
  • Valet parking: $45 per nights - prices subject to change
  • Roll-away beds: when required for a room, they are charged at $95 nightly, $115 for Club rooms
  • Microwave fee: $50 per stay (one-time charge)
  • Extra person fees: $115 per person, per night for Club room types, $95 per person per night for all other room types

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Today's rant. We go to Kauai every year now, but some years we like to stay 3-5 nights at the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort. When we first stayed there in 1986, the city view room was $75/night. Now a city view room is $400-500/night. I can understand that demand is high and they can fill the hotel with people willing to pay that much. What I think is outrageous is the $45/night resort fee that they add on, and it doesn't even include parking. Has anyone seen a resort fee higher than that? I could do without all the "benefits" offered with the resort fee, except pool access. They should make it optional. Here's what you get.

A charge of $45 USD plus tax per day, per room will be added to room charges at check-out.
This fee provides guests of Outrigger Waikiki Beach Resort with these benefits:
  • Wireless high-speed Internet access, maximum 4 devices per room
  • Local and international phone calls up to 60 minutes daily
  • Recyclable water bottles
  • Outrigger logo tote bag
  • In-room coffee and tea replenished daily
  • Access to Fitness Center
  • Access to pool
  • Use of beach towels
  • Resort cultural activities
  • All Good reef-friendly sunscreen available at the pool
  • Free breakfast for children 5 years and younger with purchase of an adult meal from menu at Duke's Waikiki or Hula Grill
Discounts at nearby attractions:
  • Honolulu Museum of Art: Free admission for 2 adults
  • Waikiki Aquarium: One (1) Free Junior Admission (ages 4-12) per paying adult OR $1 off regular Adult Admission for Outrigger guests without kids
  • Bishop Museum: $5 off General Admission for up to four adults or one free child’s admission for each paying adult (show guestroom keycard)
Additional optional charges:
  • Valet parking: $45 per nights - prices subject to change
  • Roll-away beds: when required for a room, they are charged at $95 nightly, $115 for Club rooms
  • Microwave fee: $50 per stay (one-time charge)
  • Extra person fees: $115 per person, per night for Club room types, $95 per person per night for all other room types
The prices for the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Hotel sure does make me happy that we have timeshares so we could stay in Waikiki right on the beach without paying those fees. We have stayed at the HHV for over 1000 nights using Hilton Timeshare points. Many times we stayed in a Lagoon Studio which is small and only has a mini kitchen but we had the same Waikiki experience that we love without paying those prices.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
The prices for the Outrigger Waikiki Beach Hotel sure does make me happy that we have timeshares so we could stay in Waikiki right on the beach without paying those fees. We have stayed at the HHV for over 1000 nights using Hilton Timeshare points. Many times we stayed in a Lagoon Studio which is small and only has a mini kitchen but we had the same Waikiki experience that we love without paying those prices.
By the way the cost of those points came out to be about $55/night which is the maintenance cost using the HGVC points for a Lagoon Tower Studio.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
By the way the cost of those points came out to be about $55/night which is the maintenance cost using the HGVC points for a Lagoon Tower Studio.
The fees we pay for a week in a 2 bedroom oceanfront unit in Poipu wouldn't even pay for 4 nights in a tiny city view room at the Outrigger. Timeshares really are a bargain.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Sure, nearby Hilton Hawaiian Village hotel guests pay $50 resort charge per night, plus tax.

Per HHV website
Daily Resort Charge includes: Guest internet access; cultural activities; exercise classes; outdoor movies; 20% off adventure sail & elite beach package; 2-day rental car discount or upgrade; 10% off beach activities/services; Waikiki Aquarium offer; DVD/game use.”

Daily Parking Fees
  • Self Parking $64.92
  • Valet Parking $75.39

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
From Beat of Hawaii

Some of the highest Hawaii resort fees we found on checking today include the following. Below see the hotels with the highest percentage of total fees and taxes:
  1. Alohilani Resort $48/night.
  2. Andaz Maui $50/night.
  3. Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel $39/night.
  4. Aston Waikiki Beach Tower $45/night.
  5. Fairmont Orchid $42/night.
  6. Grand Hyatt Kauai $45/night.
  7. Grand Wailea Resort $50/night.
  8. Hilton Hawaiian Village $50/night.
  9. Hotel Wailea $40/night.
  10. Hyatt Regency Waikiki $42/night.
  11. Koa Kea Resort $45/night.
  12. Mauna Lani Resort $45/night.