• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Outlander on Starz?

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Never knew anything about this series until now. Is it worth recording all 6 seasons? Thx

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
This series is wonderful. Have you read the 8 books in the series by Diana Gabaldon?

If you are going to watch you need to start with Season 1. And there are 4 seasons out, Season 5 starts on February 16.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I stopped after season 3. The novelty wore off, I guess.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
It is also on Netfix, I think a season or two behind. It gets tedious in places, and is quite violent. Good for listening to while playing solitaire.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Books are better, but they do a good job with the series. Series closes matches books, mainly, but with some variation and a lot of content skipped.

Depending on where you live you can access it differently. In US Netflix has Seasons 1 - 3, in Canada 1 - 4. Season 1 is in 2 parts but it is still considered season 1.

Season 5 premiers on Sunday Feb 16th.

I access it via the Starz app. I just signed up for 6 months for $20, when they had this special a few weeks ago. But otherwise signing up for Starz on either Amazon Prime for Hulu for about $9 is the cheapest, unless you can find someone running a deal. Starz through your cable company seems to be more expensive.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
It is also on Netfix, I think a season or two behind. It gets tedious in places, and is quite violent. Good for listening to while playing solitaire.
Netflix has Seasons 1 through 3. Since Outlander is a STARZ original it always premiers there first, then may make it to other channels. Netflix just got Season 3 in December 2019.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Start with Season One. Roll call members on our British Isles cruise were touting Outlander and looking for tours out of Inverness Scotland that would visit Outlander locations. Based on their enthusiasm, I ended up binge watching the first 6 episodes on AirCanada flights from SYD to Toronto and was hooked! Being a frugal gal, I've viewed the series thru Season 3 thanks to our local library. I also am reading the series but only up to Book 5 because other books get inbetween....

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just started season 4; although a little boring at times..I'm into it now...Does William Wallace ever come into it? BRAVEHEART; with Mel Gibson; one of my all time favorite movies...Seen it at least 15 times...If u haven't seen it, U won't regret it.......Get the 2 pack with GLADIATOR.....Russell Crow and Joaquin Phoenix...OMG Gonna watch it NOW

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
William Wallace was born in 1270. Outlander takes place 500 years later. The book/series briefly starts in 1946, and then goes back to 1743, in the era before the Jacobite Rising in Scotland (1745.) Currently, the TV series is in the pre-American Revolutionary War era: the war began in 1775.

I enjoy the TV show, but I loved the books, because they are so much more in-depth. If you enjoy reading - then you should read the books first. Although Outlander is definitely a love story, it also incorporates the historical events of the day, which I find fascinating.

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
DeniseM, thanks for the history lesson...I was totally unaware... Did u see Braveheart?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes, and I have also been to the William Wallace Memorial in Scotland!
Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 2.56.06 PM.png

Bill4728

Reaction score
I've read all the books and watched all the shows Clearly I'm hooked.

Bill4728

Reaction score
William Wallace was born in 1270. Outlander takes place 500 years later. The book/series briefly starts in 1946, and then goes back to 1743, in the era before the Jacobite Rising in Scotland (1745.) Currently, the TV series is in the pre-American Revolutionary War era: the war began in 1775.

Speaking of William Wallace, I understand there will be a Robert the Bruce movie coming out really soon.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
STARZ is always having signup specials, directly, through Prime Video, even Groupon. I caught a 6-month-for $30 deal in January, but there is always $5 per month for 3 months offers.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am about to start my reread of the books, as a new book, book 9 should be out soon. Book 9 is called, Go Tell the Bees that I'm Gone.

I had re-read this series more than any other books. An I reread books I enjoy a lot. I am on reread number 14. And these books are anywhere from 800 to 1500 hundred pages in length. To be fair I don't "read" them anymore but rather listen via Audible. As I do with most books now, if possible.

Bill4728

Reaction score

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Outlander Update-
Got Starz for Amazon Prime and am into Episode 3 of Season 4. A friend of ours is more deeply hooked on the books and the tv series so he & his wife are planning to head to NC this July for the Highlander Festival that is featured in the episode I'm watching. They asked us to join them which we will do for 4 nights in a vrbo. (DH & I previously spent a timeshare week at Blue Ridge Village- love that area of NC!) They're coming for dinner tomorrow and I plan on wearing the Claire capelet I knit from yarn purchased in Lerwick, Shetland Islands, Scotland. That's another aspect I like about the TV series- the shawls the ladies wear!

To add to our trip, Fred & I booked a timeshare week at Sandcastle Village II in New Bern, which I recall is also featured in the Outlander books?