• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Our Bathroom Remodel and Smart Toilet "Potty talk".

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
We gutted our master bath in mid-January for a complete remodel and moved in a few weeks ago. SEVEN months and still not completely finished! Cabinet crew chief coming today to look at a few problems on the vanity. When corrected, it will be FINISHED!

I absolutely love it though I already regret the choice of marble. It looks much busier than it did on the sample. We did approve a piece from the lot set aside for us. It photographs as darker and busier than it is in person. Still, it all looks quite impressive to me. If bathrooms help sell houses, this one should.

The gray and white honed marble goes from floor to ceiling (largish block...laid in a brick pattern) in the wet room section and on the entire bathroom floor (herringbone pattern) of the room. The wet room has a shower at one end and free-standing tub under a window at the other end. Between is a heated towel rack on the wall. We used the Schluter water proofing system, a long linear drain, and gently sloped the floor in the wet room section for any water that might spray outside the shower area (very little does) or swoosh over the tub. The shower has a built-in bench, two niches with two sections within, a shower head and hand held. There is only one piece of standing glass at the end of the shower which defines the wet room, no frame, no door, and that one piece of glass has needed very little attention so far. The entire room has heated floors on a timer which feel wonderful!

The under sink cabinet spaces have a higher fixed shelf, fitted around the drain pipe, which has three power outlets with GFI protection. The one for the hairdryer has its own GFI. I'm enjoying having everything plugged in while put away out of sight. There is a slide out drawer beneath that shelf. I've always hated how things pile up in under sink cabinets. There are three drawers on each side of the vanity and three between the sinks. Two towers! More space than we've ever had! Keeping one extra set of towels in the towers. Next I'm now going to turn the linen closet in our bedroom into my own shoe, purse and jewelry closet!

A very expensive purchase was a Toto Smart Toilet. We had used one while in China and thought it just the greatest thing ever and vowed to have one someday. So far, I don't love it as much as I thought I would. I do love the night light on it, the heated seat, no touch features and especially that the seat is always down for me which is more than I can say for the half-bath downstairs after my husband has been in! :rolleyes:

The negatives so far... It is a bit noisy. Sometimes I hear it when it periodically (every ninety minutes) sprays the tank in the night...the automatic flush in the "wee" hours ;) after hubby makes a visit. Hopefully, I'll get used to that and sleep through it. Going through the bidet washing and drying process takes more time than this person wants to remain. One needs that proverbial magazine rack nearby. Or better yet the instruction manual to set up the pre-sets for each person. I could be stalling on those because on pre-sets for our cars, I always have to be "User Two." There's just something I resent about being "User Two" on a toilet control bar. :D Another negative is that the automatic lid opens and closes often when just moving about the room which we knew it would. Have tried covering part of its "eye" with only minor success. It would be better in a dedicated potty room, which we had but took down one and a half walls of so that I could have a bigger tub. A tub that I have only used once so far. Just ordered a bath pillow to make my head more comfortable and need a bath tub caddy/tray as there is no place to put soaps etc. So many of those I look at online have a place for a wine glass and to prop an iPad. Ha! Like I'd prop my new iPad up on a tray over a tub of water! :eek:

Ah, another other thing I really love is having added French Gold and white light fixtures and soap dispensers. I find the gold touches add a warmth that the gray and white marble, chrome bath fixtures and chrome door/drawer pulls lack. On the hunt for a tall, narrow, antique, gold pier mirror for one wall. That should be the finishing touch! Then it will really be finished!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Your Contractor will probably be thrown out of the Trade Association for taking less than 10 months.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I got to try out one of those fancy Toto toilets at the Ferguson's in Bluffton; it's in the woman's restroom there. Thought it was the coolest thing ever! You're the first person I know who actually owns one!!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds wonderful! Any chance that we could see some photos?

I have problems posting on TUG. Also, no mater how much or little light, the marble photographs very black and white and dark when it is gray and white with some darker gray/black lines. Not a big room so hard to get an overall perspective. Will see what I can do though.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got to try out one of those fancy Toto toilets at the Ferguson's in Bluffton; it's in the woman's restroom there. Thought it was the coolest thing ever! You're the first person I know who actually owns one!!

It is cool. Just takes getting used to. There are some others on TUG who own one. In a hurry now, but will look for the thread.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
We're in the midst of a redoing 3 bathrooms right now...and hopefully it's wrapping up in about 3 months. We didn't spring for the pricy Toto toilet because we expect to downsize in a couple of years but did buy an electric Toto toilet seat for our Koehler toilet on Amazon Prime day. It's not installed yet but the plumber gave it rave reviews after installing one for a family member. We liked the fancy toilets when visiting hotels in Japan.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We're in the midst of a redoing 3 bathrooms right now...and hopefully it's wrapping up in about 3 months. We didn't spring for the pricy Toto toilet because we expect to downsize in a couple of years but did buy an electric Toto toilet seat for our Koehler toilet on Amazon Prime day. It's not installed yet but the plumber gave it rave reviews after installing one for a family member. We liked the fancy toilets when visiting hotels in Japan.

Right, it is pricey. Actually, you can buy the Toto smart toilets on Amazon but the reviews of service after buying them there aren't too good. We too may sell over the next few years but we'd talked about that toilet since our 2012 Asian trip and decided to go for what we want.

The seat is a good option. There's a company, Tushy, that is rocking it on the Internet right now. They have a very clever YouTube video. Umm...let's just say that once you've seen it, you can never undo what you saw and heard. It is very funny though. And it's selling like hotcakes according to my SIL who worked for their e-commerce site.

glenmore

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved the Toto but got a economical alternative— a Swash toilet seat by Brondell. It is heated and has a bidet feature and dryer. Had it for 10 years so far and love it!!!!