• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando - Marriott Grand Vista, Marriott Royal Palms, Sabal Palms, or Cypress Pointe?

Lei33

Reaction score
I am headed there in June with my mother, her best friend and my boyfriend. There is a one bedroom available for the Grand Vista but I'm not sure it will be large enough for all 4 of us.

The other options offer 2 bedrooms. I wouldn't mind more space but I'd like to be at the nicest resort available.

Any thoughts?

steveg11

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are all nice

All the resorts you mentioned are nice. Probably the most luxurious is one you did not mention, Lakeshore Reserve. It and Grande Vista are the two newest ones.
You can't go wrong, but my personal favorite is Cypress Harbour. You can walk to Sea World from there, and the property is absolutely gorgeous. I also love the screened in balcony that each villa has, with room for the entire family to sit around a table outdoors.

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
it's actually cypress pointe not cypress harbour

If you are talking about the Marriott one it's Cypress Harbour.
https://www.my-vacationclub.com/resort/home.do?resort=cy#

There is a Cypress Pointe in Orlando but it doesn't have as high a rating a any of the Marriotts.

ooh also available is Sheraton Vistana Resort

is that nice?

Friends of mine stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort and said it was very nice. I don't have personal experience to compare.

I wouldn't stay in a one 1 BR with 4 adults since there is only one bed and 2 people will end up on the pull out sofa in the living room.

Last edited:

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
I would pick royal palms. It is two bedroom and nicely updated. There is a double bed and a day bed in the second bedroom.If you are going to disney world it is the closest (along with the other Palms). YOu also get access to the Marriott world center and the restaurants and pools there.
I stayed at Sabal for 5 weeks in December and it is very nice but it is only two story walk up buildings so not every one likes that. It does have a single and a double bed in the second bedroom if the sleeping arrangement world better for you.

If Cypress harbour was available I would pick it because we like that one the best. It has a queen and a double fold out in the second bedroom

I think that having 2 bedroom would be much better for the four of you. All of the Marriott's are nice,

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would pick royal palms. It is two bedroom and nicely updated. There is a double bed and a day bed in the second bedroom.If you are going to disney world it is the closest (along with the other Palms). YOu also get access to the Marriott world center and the restaurants and pools there.
I stayed at Sabal for 5 weeks in December and it is very nice but it is only two story walk up buildings so not every one likes that. It does have a single and a double bed in the second bedroom if the sleeping arrangement world better for you.

If Cypress harbour was available I would pick it because we like that one the best. It has a queen and a double fold out in the second bedroom

I think that having 2 bedroom would be much better for the four of you. All of the Marriott's are nice,

ditto---I agree---'said' very well.

Pat

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I am strongly partial to Sabal Palms. It is also the closest of the three Palms resorts to the World Center and its restaurants and other facilities. And the Palms are the closest to Disney.

Last edited:

Lei33

Reaction score
Thanks. I can put in a request for the Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Cypress Harbour and Marriott Grande Vista. Is this a good thing to do just to see? I have read they are better quality resorts.

GeraldineT

Reaction score
My favorite is Grande Vista. To me that has the most resort like feel. The second would be Cypress Harbor. Royal and Sabal Plams for some reason remind me of an apartment complex. The pools and amenities at GV are wonderful. Pools are very tropical so much so that you can actually forget that you are right off international drive and not in the middle of the carribean. 2 pool bars where food is available. They also have a great restaurant. If you plan on eating there www.restaurant.com has coupons available.

The only minus to GV is the buildings. There are 4 or 5 really good buildings where you are close to the main pools and have a good view of the pools or the lake from your balcony. The buildings by the golf (IMO) suck as do the ones all the way down the end (not sure the building numbers).

And while the 1 BR is certainly big enough I would suggest a 2. This way there are no privacy issues, you each have your own bathrooms, etc.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If it were between Cypress Harbour and Grande Vista, I would opt for Grande Vista and request a dedicated 2BR unit where the second bedroom has two beds. Cypress Harbour only has a queen size bed in the second bedroom, and the room is rather small. Of course the kitchen and living room area is huge. Sleeping on a sofa bed is not my idea of a vacation.

Lei33

Reaction score
I have another question. So I put in a request for those 3 resorts and had to pay $299. Now, I might be able to use my deposited week instead and get better locations for my upcoming vacation. If I want to cancel the request that I put in using my accommodations certificate, do I get the $299 back? I am very confused.

I might use it but I can't be sure when so I want to just take back the request and my $299 and then book with the AC later in the year.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what your deposit is but I don't think that if you cancel your AC request that you will get your money back. Best to call II and confirm.

Depending on your deposit you have available now, and you mentioned you wanted something larger, I'd use your deposit (especially if it's a 1 bedroom) and do a request for the Marriott Cypress Harbour. Since this property has only two bedroom and two bathroom units and is very nice, you will do well there.

Then you can use your AC for something else provided you can get your money back.

If you are going to use your AC for the Orlando trip, I'd only accept a two bedroom unit based on your party size and privacy needs.