• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando Car Rental?

7SeasLover

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to Parc Soliel for a week and I want to rent a car. Any recommendations?

I was surprised at the prices when I did a quick check using partners on my US Air credit card. Pricey!

JM48

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used Budget when we go to Orlando.
If you Google them you can find discount coupons on line.

JM

jmurp62

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
SWA

You can also get some great deals on Budget thru Southwest Airlines

alfasat

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may also want to try economybookings.com and autoslash.com
I booked a midsize in Orlando with economybookings just recently on March 9 and paid$152 for the week with payless car rental. Just be sure to cover off your insurance with your current provider or credit card before u go as they will try upsell u added coverage such as deprecated value and lost days rental in case of accident. This added coverage is more than the rental.
CZ.

semicycler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've found renting from non-airport locations saves tons of money. Use a cheap shuttle to get to HGVC. Check in on day one. Day two morning pickup your car from a local Avis, Enterprise or other rental agency. Some will even drop the car off at your location.

You can return the car at the airport if you want. Or back to the original rental location saving money both ways.

The only catch - getting to and from the airport. Be sure the savings in the car rental is greater than the offsetting shuttle costs.

This strategy works best if you do not need a car for the entire week.

7SeasLover

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you ALL! I rented a car from the last link provided, but the coupon code would not work. Even so, I got it for a lot less than $557! Wow! I'm so glad Im a TUG member so I can get these help aids!

Thanks! I reserved a car. Now off to get DisneyWorld tickets at UndercoverTourist.com. I have a quote of $540 for 3 days. We are at the Parc Soliel for 7 days, then one day at an airport hotel (so I could get better air rate). I'm assuming a 3 day pass is good for the first time visit. We also want to go to the Space Center and then to a shopping outlet that I hear is near the hotel.

We fly away May 5th, so I'm getting all my ducks in a row!

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out dollar car rental, I just book 10 days in June for $249.:D

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
Most of the car rental places have special rates if you sign up for their e-mail. Last minute rates, ongoing rates.
I use dollar or budget usually.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Rental Car Orlando

We are going to Parc Soliel for a week and I want to rent a car. Any recommendations?

I was surprised at the prices when I did a quick check using partners on my US Air credit card. Pricey!

I use travelocity when I am booking a car for a week from an airport returning to an airport like you will probably be doing in Orlando. During the routine weeks of the year the prices are great around $200/week for a full size car which we need with all of our luggage. However, during a week when the kids are out of school the Orlando rent a cars make there big money. I have seen instances when no cars of a size were available and the prices twice as high or more if there was availability. Also, I go to particular companies when I want a daily rent a car rate for pick up or drop off after food shopping near where I am staying when I don't want or need a car for the week such as Waikiki, South Beach, New Orleans French Quarter, San Diego Gas Lamp, San Francisco Union Square, Las Vegas. Sometimes I get a good rate, sometimes they make me pay through the nose. I will take a cab rather than pay a $150 daily rate for a drop off. I rather give the independent cab drivers $40-$100 rather than the rent a car corporations there rip off rates.

homeland

Reaction score
I just returned from Orlando and used EZ car rental. They are the cheapest car rental in terminal.

I paid $236 for a full size for 7 days. Vehicle had $8,000 miles and was very clean. Also there were no lines while Hertz had a huge line and the same car was over $300 with them.

I liked them on facebook for a 3% discount and they have an additional 5% discounts for Law Enforcement, military, teachers and just about everyone else.

Enjoy your vacation

mgeez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alamo is our preffered car rental

Returned from Orlando on Monday. We paid $168 for an Alamo premium which included taxes. Mousesavers.com is what I prefer to check current promotions and coupons. We also like bypassing the counter by using the Alamo kiosk at both MCO and TPA. I estimate we saved at least 1 hr when we arrived in Orlando by using the kiosk.