• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando 2br lockoffs (which do you like)

CeeWoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears that my sister & BIL will be joining us in Orlando late next year. I know that I'll be borrowing points from 2010, which probably makes this moot, but of the various lockoffs in VV & VR, do those in the know here prefer one location/section over another? I'm totally good with either Villages or Resort (we've stayed at both in the past but not in the lockoffs)

(the reason I say may be moot is because I believe I can't make reservations-if I borrow points- more than 90 days out and might well have to take whatevers available-be it any lockoff, two one bedrooms, or a 2 bedroom. We're looking at the weeks 48-50 timeframe)

Last edited:

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
It appears that my sister & BIL will be joining us in Orlando late next year. I know that I'll be borrowing points from 2010, which probably makes this moot, but of the various lockoffs in VV & VR, do those in the know here prefer one location/section over another? I'm totally good with either Villages or Resort (we've stayed at both in the past but not in the lockoffs)

(the reason I say may be moot is because I believe I can't make reservations-if I borrow points- more than 90 days out and might well have to take whatevers available-be it any lockoff, two one bedrooms, or a 2 bedroom. We're looking at the weeks 48-50 timeframe)

Before I borrowed SOs from future years, I'd wait to see what kind of specials Starwood is running next year. Unless I'm mistaken weeks 48-50 are low season in Orlando and you'll undoubtedly be able to pick up something for a song and a dance directly from Starwood with either cash, StarPoints or a combination thereof.

Or, I'd check II to see what kind of getaways I could get.

Currently SVO is offereing Orlando resorts for 20k StarPoints per night for a 2 bdrm.

http://www.starwoodpreviews.com/spgown/?IM=enews_emailsvn_v2_i10_spgownside

I imagine similar deals will be offered next year.

Last edited:

CeeWoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lisa I'm really really considering that.
I know that RCI normally has deals, but my membership with II hasn't gone into effect yet (I'm new to SVN & II).

So I'm sort of in agreement with you & will probably just assume that II has deals for this year and will probably have something similar next year
thanks

-Monte

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Lisa I'm really really considering that.
I know that RCI normally has deals, but my membership with II hasn't gone into effect yet (I'm new to SVN & II).

So I'm sort of in agreement with you & will probably just assume that II has deals for this year and will probably have something similar next year
thanks

-Monte

How many StarOptions do you own per year?

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our 2br in Fountains only gives us 76k. Not enough for a good unit in most of the high demand areas, but it seems we can at least fit into a studio or 1br unit in most places

Assuming the seasons in the Fountains for SVN are the same as the Cascades and Lakes for 2009 (lower season weeks 48-50), I would reserve your two-bedroom at 12 months in advance for the Fountains and lock-it in. No pressure for accomodation - worst case scenario.

I would then work on cash opportunities through II for a one bedroom (this would default to either the Cascades or Lakes phases through II because they are the only phases with a one bedroom.

From there, I would (at 8 months out using StarOptions) check to see if you could reserve a large one bedroom or a small one bedroom depending on what II can get you that would make a lock-off. Contact the "Diamond Lane" and pre-register your check-in and have them coordinate a lock-off in either Lakes or Cascades.

In this scenario, you would have StarOptions left over. If you had to reserve the large one bedroom, you would have 34k left over. If you had to reserve the small one bedroom, you would have 41,000 StarOptions left over.

Depending on how far in advance to your November vacation you could accomplish this, you could book another vacation AND not borrow from the next use year to which you would have to pre-pay your maintenance fees!!!:banana:

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frankly, unless you are not going to vacation in 2010, I wouldn't borrow the options. You are planning to visit in a very quiet time and current II getaways for Orlando this Dec. are showing 2 bedrooms at either VV or VR going for $399.

CeeWoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frankly, unless you are not going to vacation in 2010, I wouldn't borrow the options. You are planning to visit in a very quiet time and current II getaways for Orlando this Dec. are showing 2 bedrooms at either VV or VR going for $399.

I agree---but you've hit on part of the problem, we're not sure if we'll take another vaca in '10 (but with any luck we'll know for sure by the time we'll need to book/reserve something)

BTW-I did find out that RCI is currently charging $249 2br for last call offers for this Nov/Dec. Still we might just go ahead next year, pay the (estimated) $399 and deposit the year with II even if we don't expect to use options in 2010

thanks

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree---but you've hit on part of the problem, we're not sure if we'll take another vaca in '10 (but with any luck we'll know for sure by the time we'll need to book/reserve something)

BTW-I did find out that RCI is currently charging $249 2br for last call offers for this Nov/Dec. Still we might just go ahead next year, pay the (estimated) $399 and deposit the year with II even if we don't expect to use options in 2010

thanks

Just to clarify, you do not need to deposit your week in II to get the above getaways. Getaways in Orlando are available virtually year round and show up very often in VR & VV. The rates vary according to the time of year/demand that Orlando has. Once you have your II account you should be able to access getaways.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
A few weeks ago we had a 1 bedroom at Vistana (booked via an RCI last call) for $219 for the week. The 1 bedroom units will only be in the Lakes or Cascades section. We asked for Lakes because it had just been renovated and it was great.

We also booked a II (Interval) Getaway at Vistana Villages for a 3 bedroom unit and it was terrific, too. They put us in a 3 bedroom lock off unit.

One difference I noticed between Vistana and Vistana Villages on their 1 bedrooms was that Vistana Villages had jacuzzi tubs (smaller sized jetted tubs) and the regular Vistana just had regular bath tubs.