• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

oregon/washington coast timeshares

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village parkway and links golf and raquet
Hi,

Looking to plan a summer vacation for next summer. I know the exchanges will be tough. Would like to book a couple weeks in Pacific Northwest near the coast. I know I can't be too choosy. I have about 80 tpu's so it seems that should be enough to book two prime summer weeks. the Otter Rock timeshare has always looked so beautiful on the cliff. How likely are summer trips in that area?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
I would also check out Worldmark Long Beach. It is only a few minute walk to the Beach. There is a long Boarded Walk. It is fun to explore the Long Beach Penisula. It is a Cranberry growing area and there is a Cranberry Museum. It is legal to drive on the Beach. Until they built the narrow gauge Railroad the only way to travel was on the Beach or by Boat. Short drive to Astoria Oregon.

There is also Worldmark Depoe Bay, Gleneden, and Seaside. These can be hard to Book.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Worldmark summer weeks are rarely, if ever, deposited. The more likely options are the independent owned ones like Rockaway Beach, Embarcadero, Schooner's Landing or Otter Rock. All are older resorts but it's the location.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Some years back we stayed at Kala Point in Fort Townsend, WA. I don't remember much about the resort or the units. It was a nice spot for us. From there we went up to Victoria, BC.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I doubt that any July or August beach front timeshare weeks in Washington or Oregon would be available for exchange. It would be rare. Maybe an owner exchange request at TUG or a rental would be easier.

For instance, I like warm areas in the winter and could trade Worldmark and Vacation Internationale units. This is just an example and not a solicitation.

Bill

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the location of Otter Rock Timeshares. I have not seen a summer week available on line for years. I only have II now, don’t know if that is true for RCI.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not *that* many years ago, we did manage to get 2 back-to-back August weeks online thru RCI: Otter Rock and another direct oceanfront, Sandpiper -- loved both.

Two things though: one is, I often found stuff like this more than a year out, closer to 2 years, plus RCI wasn't in quite the rental business they are now. The other is that is was pretty foggy in August, so we had to revisit various spots along the coast to catch good visibility. Many folks there mentioned that September is much better in that regard, still beautiful and not as hot inland which somehow intensifies the coastal fog, and could be a tad easier to trade, if you can be flexible.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I’m under the impression that Otter Tock involves a lot of stairs. Is that correct? Location is great.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I’m under the impression that Otter Tock involves a lot of stairs. Is that correct? Location is great.
yep. Built into a hillside, so how many stairs depends on the unit. Plus a lot of stairs down to the beach and tide pools.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at both Otter Rocks and Rockaway Beach a couple of years ago. We really liked both. Neither one was my choice and in fact I kept rejecting one of them. Both a very different experience and area. Would go back to either one, unfortunately we live on East Coast and don't see getting back there soon. Both need a car. To get to beach at Otter Rocks there are lots of steps. Every unit has to go down steps. To get to lower level from upper levels, there is an elevator thing.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I doubt that any July or August beach front timeshare weeks in Washington or Oregon would be available for exchange. It would be rare. Maybe an owner exchange request at TUG or a rental would be easier.

For instance, I like warm areas in the winter and could trade Worldmark and Vacation Internationale units. This is just an example and not a solicitation.

Bill
We have been to WA and OR resorts in several summers. Right now we are in Newport OR at the Embarcadero Resort (a VI resort but deposited into SFX.) We go to Schooner Landing often even in the summer with Platinum Interchange by submitting a request and will actually be there the next 4th of July (2023). Granted Worldmark ownership is the best guarantee for every year.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We have been to WA and OR resorts in several summers. Right now we are in Newport OR at the Embarcadero Resort (a VI resort but deposited into SFX.) We go to Schooner Landing often even in the summer with Platinum Interchange by submitting a request and will actually be there the next 4th of July (2023). Granted Worldmark ownership is the best guarantee for every year.

Joan, did Schooner Landing ever resolve their parking lot and building slippage issues? I used to own there, and visited one day before ever staying there. One building was shut down, half the parking lot was taped off, and the whole place looked like it was going to fall into the ocean. Fearing a big special assessment, I sold it soon after. I've always wondered how things sorted themselves out.

Dave

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Schooner Landing indeed has continued to have erosion problems but they are now reconstructing Building 5 and redoing the pool. Meanwhile, they are still open and you can still enjoy the resort, the other buildings are fine and you can walk down to the beach as before.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I think those are my SFX deposits, lol. I deposited two one bed units for VI Embarcadero for Aug 22 - Aug 29. Small world, lol. How do you like it ? I read they remolded a bit. The salmon should be entering the bay and river about now. I decided to exchange because my boat slip waitlist wasn't going to happen. I hope you have a great time.

Bill

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think those are my SFX deposits, lol. I deposited two one bed units for VI Embarcadero for Aug 22 - Aug 29. Small world, lol. How do you like it ? I read they remolded a bit. The salmon should be entering the bay and river about now. I decided to exchange because my boat slip waitlist wasn't going to happen. I hope you have a great time.

Bill
Yes!!! That ‘s exactly what we have! Incredible! Yes, it’s very very nice . I’m writing an article about it for Timesharing Today so its photos will be there.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes!!! That ‘s exactly what we have! Incredible! Yes, it’s very very nice . I’m writing an article about it for Timesharing Today so its photos will be there.

I can't wait to see the article. I almost feel like I'm missing out, lol.

Bill

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can't wait to see the article. I almost feel like I'm missing out, lol.

Bill
Article next deadline is Oct 15 which would probably put it in the January issue… not sure. He chooses which issues