• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange Lake signature vs standard

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
Looking to plan a trip next year to river island with some extended family and I was wondering if it is worth the extra points to get the signature units? Ive stayed many times in the standard units and feel they are very nice. But I am a sucker for fancy accommodations from time to time. Does anyone have any opinions on whether it might be worth it?

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Looking to plan a trip next year to river island with some extended family and I was wondering if it is worth the extra points to get the signature units? Ive stayed many times in the standard units and feel they are very nice. But I am a sucker for fancy accommodations from time to time. Does anyone have any opinions on whether it might be worth it?

I always stay on west village and I like it there. We did signature river island when I invited my brother and his family. We were 8 and we all received signature wrist bands that includes most (if not all) activities, the signature pool area, and the quick signature reception with welcoming drinks and snacks.

I think it is worth it if you are staying at the resort most of the time (no parks) and have kids that can enjoy the pool and included amenities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
I always stay on west village and I like it there. We did signature river island when I invited my brother and his family. We were 8 and we all received signature wrist bands that includes most (if not all) activities, the signature pool area, and the quick signature reception with welcoming drinks and snacks.

I think it is worth it if you are staying at the resort most of the time (no parks) and have kids that can enjoy the pool and included amenities.

So you received the wrist bands that get you the lazy river tubes?

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
So you received the wrist bands that get you the lazy river tubes?

Yes, lazy river tubes, access to signature pool area (you need room key to get in, and was very exclusive), mini golf, the huge inflatable water slide, and maybe a couple of things more... It was in 2018, maybe 2019 so I don't remember all the amenities included with a signature reservation.

Grnmn1

Reaction score
Yes, lazy river tubes, access to signature pool area (you need room key to get in, and was very exclusive), mini golf, the huge inflatable water slide, and maybe a couple of things more... It was in 2018, maybe 2019 so I don't remember all the amenities included with a signature reservation.

Will the standard just get us the unit?
We stayed at a nice house that had 2 bedrooms and a nice living room area with kitchen a couple years ago. Is this what standard gets you?

We now have a kid, so I guess it'd be nice to be able to use the mini gold, water slide, and pool as well. Any idea how to get access to these without upgrading to signature? Thanks so much in advance!

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Will the standard just get us the unit? We stayed at a nice house that had 2 bedrooms and a nice living room area with kitchen a couple years ago. Is this what standard gets you?

Yes, pretty much... Did yours have a driveway? If so, it must have been a West Village unit. Those are my favorites if not staying at river island for the easy access to our vehicle and not dealing with parking spots.

North village is somewhat quiet and has a nice pool.

I have not stayed at East village yet.

Grnmn1

Reaction score
Yes, pretty much... Did yours have a driveway? If so, it must have been a West Village unit. Those are my favorites if not staying at river island for the easy access to our vehicle and not dealing with parking spots.

North village is somewhat quiet and has a nice pool.

I have not stayed at East village yet.

Yes, we had a drive way. It was on the side of the road/on the way before you get to the welcome/check in center.

Are these units usually available? Or do they get taken quickly? (for future reference)

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Yes, we had a drive way. It was on the side of the road/on the way before you get to the welcome/check in center.

Are these units usually available? Or do they get taken quickly? (for future reference)

I have been lucky to always get then when I book west village 2 bedroom, but a couple of years back, I saw that there are other 2 bedroom units that do not have the driveway, so I would ask when booking or a week prior to arriving to make sure.

Grnmn1

Reaction score
I have been lucky to always get then when I book west village 2 bedroom, but a couple of years back, I saw that there are other 2 bedroom units that do not have the driveway, so I would ask when booking or a week prior to arriving to make sure.

Got it, thanks for your response!