• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange Lake River Island TUBE ?

riu girl

Reaction score
We were at Orange Lake 12/2006 and saw only orange lake rental tubes in the lazy river at River Island. Since then I have read (on tripadvisor) that you can use your own tubes.

We are staying at Orange Lake again later this month and was just wondering what the current situation is regarding renting vs. bringing your own tubes?

Any info. would be really appreciated.

Thank you

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
well as of September...you could not use your own tubes. I will be there again in a few weeks.

mecllap

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2007, we went later in the day, and there were tubes left about that anyone could use -- apparently lots of folks weren't bothering to return them to get part of their fee back. Didn't see anyone trying to use their own tubes, but the policy is to use the resorts.

riu girl

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

Just looked at the extensive activity for this month and was also wondering:

1. Is there a charge for the Sat. night bonfire/hayride event? It looks like there is an optional charge for smores but wondering if the hayride portion is free?

2. Is there any sort of finger food served at the Sunday evening welcome party at River Island? We went to one of these parties in 2006 (it was held in west village then) and there was juice as well as potatoe chips etc. I remember it being a really fun event.

Thanks

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm at OLCC at the moment (checked in today). There is still a fee for the tubes. I'm not sure about fees for the other activities but I will check. The hayride does have a * next to it indicating an additional charge.

Last edited:

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Gary!!!! Hope you are having a wonderful fun time!!! :wave:

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation there for Easter week, and cant seem to get into the website. Is anyone else having a problem?

lawgs

Reaction score
I'm at OLCC at the moment (checked in today). There is still a fee for the tubes. I'm not sure about fees for the other activities but I will check. The hayride does have a * next to it indicating an additional charge.

hiya gary

are you staying in River Island section

we check in on sunday dec 7 .....got a "wicked" last minute deal for River Island through Global Access offering

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
hiya gary

are you staying in River Island section

we check in on sunday dec 7 .....got a "wicked" last minute deal for River Island through Global Access offering

Yes, I am in 81724. Give me a call. I'm leaving on the 17th so I'll be here for awhile. The first day I got here the temperatures were in the upper 60's but they have been in the mid 70s the last couple days.

riu girl

I called the activities number and was told that the hayride is free but as noted, there is $1.50 fee for the hot chocolate.

Last edited:

slabeaume

Reaction score
I don't remember there being a hayride before. Do they do that in Jan./Feb., too? Is it just one day of the week?

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't remember there being a hayride before. Do they do that in Jan./Feb., too? Is it just one day of the week?

I didn't remember hayrides either so I don't know if it is something for the holiday seasons or throughout the year. The hayrides are listed on Tuesdays and Saturdays

scooooter

TUG Member
Reaction score
The fees for the tube rentals is just ridiculously high! They have changed it once again and believe you only get like a $1 coupon for like the arcade or something like that, isn't it? I can't remember, but it use to be a $2 refund. I believe the double tube is $10/day and the other is like $7ish???

And when we were there in Sept and again in Nov, we were told we were NOT allowed to use our own tubes. Crazy.

Rhonda

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Orange Lake probably does not allow(any longer?) people to bring their own tubes because of liability concerns. Their insurance carrier would probably hit them much harder if they allowed tubes that are not supplied by the resort into the resort's pool. It may sound crazy and not be particularly fair but when rules are made like that at any resort or recreational facility, liability considerations are usually the bottome line reason.

scooooter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Orange Lake probably does not allow(any longer?) people to bring their own tubes because of liability concerns. Their insurance carrier would probably hit them much harder if they allowed tubes that are not supplied by the resort into the resort's pool. It may sound crazy and not be particularly fair but when rules are made like that at any resort or recreational facility, liability considerations are usually the bottome line reason.

Actually, we were told by the lifeguards that it was because they have to "control the traffic" going in there. LOLLLL! It as quite funny because it was November and there was hardly anyone in there. Probably because the price was so high!

The thing is, if it's an insuance liability thing, that's fine, but seriously, why charge so much money to rent a tube? In my opinion, the rates are outrageous. Why not make it reasonable. Maybe $5/day for the double tube and $3 for the single. Even with that price, they have to be making money.