• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange Lake HICV acquires 1st urban property in New Orleans

jbiza

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
¨Orlando, FL, March 05, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Orange Lake Resorts, home to the Holiday Inn Club Vacations® brand, today announces the acquisition of The Maritime, a luxury apartment building originally built in 1893 as New Orleans’ first skyscraper. The historic building is being purchased from Timeshare Acquisitions Real Estate, LLC, a company owned by Bert Blicher and Sam Pontius, which acquired the property from Maritime Building, LLC. Following renovations, the property will join the 26 timeshare resorts in the Holiday Inn Club Vacations brand portfolio as the company’s first urban property and New Orleans location.¨

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Owners in the HICV system are pretty excited! Holiday Inn has been aggressive searching for additions for expansion.

Everyone would like to see more of coarse , but being a owner from the beginning when it was only Orange Lake, I for one is very happy with our growth.

Since 2009 it has gone from 1 to 28 resorts. They say they want to double in size in the next couple years.

Would be nice if they could figure out a "fare" way to add the existing owners of those resorts bought to keep peace in the system. No one likes change, but a smooth transition would be nice.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I wonder if it will be classified as a Signature Collection?

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it will be classified as a Signature Collection?

That's the big question. Hopefully at least some of it is "regular." I checked out the website and at least some of the units are 2 bedroom units.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
I had heard about a third to be Signature , time will tell

sehansen2

Reaction score
Resorts Owned