• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange lake East Village

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Picked up a week in a 2 bedroom April 4-11
Any advice on which units are preferred ?
location ? Elevation ?
I heard top floors allow possible view of fireworks ?
what about view options ?
pool/Garden /Parking Lot ? What are the options
4 Adults and 2 Infants , 1 and 2 yrs old.
Thanks

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never actually been to this resort but I, like many timeshare owners, am familiar with it. I once drove up to the gate to ask if my family and I might take a look around (its 1400+ acres!!!) to see what it was like and the security guard at the gate gave me a stern "No!". :) Which is a good thing in that he wouldn't allow riffraff (like us) onto the grounds.

However, I asked that very question of someone who I found out stayed in the East Village so I would know for the future. And he told me that, next time, he would request "golf course view and, perhaps more importantly, near a pool". As he explained, there are two small pools in the East Village and he was a far distance from either which was a disadvantage as he had children as well.

Of course, there is a shuttle that takes you to any village and any pool in the resort which you will have 100% right to use, but it's still nice to have a pool, even if a small pool, right where you are. And that was particularly true for him, in that he was a golfer and his wife was not, such that she would have to watch the kids alone while he was golfing (although his kids were older than yours).

Also, you didn't say how you "picked up a week" at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Orange Lake. If via RCI, please recognize that ALL RCI exchangers, after checking in, will get the "...and now you've got to go to such and such place to get your parking pass". That means ultra-aggressive SALES PITCH. Just make sure that you don't even consider buying from the resort as HICV units almost always sell for a dollar bill or slightly more than a dollar bill via ebay due to sky high maintenance fees. In fact, print out those ebay "completed sales" so that you can give him your presentation while he's giving you his. :)

Oh...and I was also told to disconnect the phone while you're there. Because they won't take no for an answer and will oftentimes call you at 7:30 in the morning to try yet again.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I think the big question is what do you mean by Picking up a week. If you bought it resale you will have a deeded unit. If not its probably an RCI exchange and usually its what ever they have left.