You would have to pay another exchange fee and the difference that you get back in tpu's to what the 3 br would cost.
It's hard to say. There are not going to be a lot of 3 br week 52 deposits anywhere in Orlando. I have already rented out my 3 br week 52 and bonus week 53 at Orange Lake for 2016. I still have one from another resort but if I deposit that one at all, I will lock it off first.
If I were in your situation wanting a 3 br at Orange Lake for week 52, I would have started an ongoing search 4 months ago. With MF due in January, those that knew they were depositing would have most likely done so at that time or earlier. Now you are waiting for those who are waiting to see if they can rent or deciding whether or not to go to Orlando during the holidays. Yeah there may be a few more deposits but they won't be predictable and without an ongoing search may never appear online. So booking the 2 br now would preclude you from starting an ongoing search even at this perhaps too late of a date.
How many are travelling and what is the room config for a 2 br. I would guess it is a king and two doubles in the second bedroom. Is she willing to share with the kids (or are you). I would probably just keep the 2 br and enjoy the trip.
Thank you. December would have been great to start my search, knowing about the MFs, but at the time was still thinking we were cruising over NYE with my sister's family and mom as we have done last three years (they have decided not again this year since my sister is getting pool, etc).
Anyway, my "kids" are older and they are a boy/girl. There will be five of us, which includes my dd boyfriend. The two bedrooms have a pull out couch in the master bedroom, two beds in the second bedroom and a pull out couch in the LV. My dd just slept in our cabin with my dh and me over NYE while my ds and my dd's bf had an inside cabin down the hall. My dh wants our bedroom to be just us and that leaves my ds/dd's bf in the second bedroom with my dd on a pull out couch all week. OR, I can have my dd/ds in the second bedroom and my dd's bf on the pull out couch but my dh (and I) really didn't want anyone having to sleep in the LR but I think I am going to do as you mention.
I am going to tell my dh that I am confirming the 2 bedroom and then will just keep looking for a three bedroom. I have enough points for the 3 bedroom. If one comes up, the worse case is that I have to pay another $250 exchange fee but it will be worth it for us to do so. Do you agree?
Thank you SOO much for all your help. I really appreciate it.