• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Options in Palm Springs Area...? Marriott Desert Springs vs Shadow Ridge vs Westin vs Worldmark?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To add to my post above, for this year we are staying for 2 weeks at Westin Mission Hills after Thanksgiving and 3 weeks at Desert Springs Villas 1 in January/February. My husband and I usually have a discussion - Mission Hills or Desert Willows, and usually Mission Hills wins. But we always pick Desert Springs Villas 1, unless it is not available, and then we go with Desert Springs Villas 2.

In other words, you won't go wrong with any of them.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think a lot also depends on what is more important, pools and the resort or the villas. If it is the actual villas, then DSVI and DSVII are winners. If the resort and pools are more important, then I think Shadow Ridge and Desert Willow are better. Mission Hills has the loud music at the quiet pool along with the main pool in a hole. The pools at both DSVI and DSVII are underwhelming IMO. The small pools at both of the DSV resorts are too small. They were crowded in low season July this year.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think a lot also depends on what is more important, pools and the resort or the villas. If it is the actual villas, then DSVI and DSVII are winners. If the resort and pools are more important, then I think Shadow Ridge and Desert Willow are better. Mission Hills has the loud music at the quiet pool along with the main pool in a hole. The pools at both DSVI and DSVII are underwhelming IMO. The small pools at both of the DSV resorts are too small. They were crowded in low season July this year.
I would agree. We simply don't use timeshare pools, unless it is Westin Lagunamar, then you can't get me out of it. :)

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Concur regarding the pools at Mission Hills, where I used to own. Party music at a 'quiet pool' is a deal-killer. Desert Willow OTOH has an actual quiet pool with soft soothing music and enforced quiet rules. As for Desert Springs, the only pool worth going to in low season (summer) is the spa pool at the JW, because it's the only pool in the entire resort complex that's quiet and relaxing. I was at DSVI in June and all of the timeshare pools were crowded.

To the OP, a 2BR at Desert Springs (I or II) on an AC would be a steal.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I can't speak to the Worldmark property, but all others compared and being a 1BR, I would go for Westin Desert Willow. None of the Marriott or Westin properties have resort fees or parking fees on an II exchange booking.

I have videos of each of the resorts if you want to take a look;
Palm Desert Timeshare Resort Videos
I would like to add to what @dioxide45 mentioned - - I believe that the Desert Willow 2 BR splits into two 1BR units. One has a full kitchen and one has an LK (limited/little kitchen). So, if you're exchanging, either request a kitchen or if doing a manual exchange select the one with the "K" or full kitchen.

Also, the smaller side, 1 BR, is really pretty small and smaller than the 1 BR DSV1, DSV2, and SRV imho.

Question for others - - does the smaller lock off 1BR have a washer and dryer?

Last edited:

tropical1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would like to add to what @dioxide45 mentioned - - I believe that the Desert Willow 2 BR splits into two 1BR units. One has a full kitchen and one has an LK (limited/little kitchen). So, if you're exchanging, either request a kitchen or if doing a manual exchange select the one with the "K" or full kitchen

Question for others - - does the smaller lock off 1BR have a washer and dryer?
Yes, the small side at WDW does have a washer and dryer.

lynne1956

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Considering a "family reunion" in the Palm Springs area in February- my two brothers and their wives and my almost 90 year old dad. It has been over 20 years since we've been to the area. We'll golf (all except dad) a couple times, sightsee, hangout on the property and have a couple adult beverages, and dine out daily. If you don't mind sharing, what criteria did you use to derive that ranking? We are trying to figure out which resort to use as our base. Thanks!

Remember February is high season, & Modernism Week is 2/16-2/26 (used to be very popular before COVID-not sure how it will be next year). I own at DSV2 & couldn’t get in during Modernism Week several years ago. We ended up in an older timeshare Vista Mirage in downtown Palm Springs & were happy about the location, but the amenities were sorely lacking.

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember February is high season, & Modernism Week is 2/16-2/26 (used to be very popular before COVID-not sure how it will be next year). I own at DSV2 & couldn’t get in during Modernism Week several years ago. We ended up in an older timeshare Vista Mirage in downtown Palm Springs & were happy about the location, but the amenities were sorely lacking.

It was a typo on my part. The family was thinking March, not February. Sorry for the confusion.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Yes, the small side at WDW does have a washer and dryer.
What's more, they have replaced most or all of the old, tiny Whirlpool stacked washer/dryers with new, large, heavy-duty Speed Queen stacked units. The capacity of the new machines is probably 3x that of the old ones, you can actually do FULL loads of laundry, and they do a great job. It's a huge upgrade and if they haven't replaced them all, they will be doing so over time. I have never seen such great washer/dryers in a timeshare as they are putting in WDW now, on both the small and large sides of the lockoffs.