• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Options for extra Wyn/RCI points?

MattD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am looking to see what I can do with extra Wyndham RCI points that are good for a couple more years.

I know I’m not supposed to make a reservation through RCI and rent that to someone. I’m wondering if I can transfer the WYN/RCI points to another Wyndham owner for a fee?

Comment here or start a conversation. TIA

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Once something is deposited into rci, per the rules you aren't allowed to be compensated. As long as you aren't advertising and don't do it too often transferring points to someone else's account is probably more discreet than actually renting a exchange. Probably still better to do it with someone you are at least friendly with online rather than a complete stranger in case you are questioned.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tend to find friends or family members who could use a good vacation, and might not otherwise take one. A week somewhere can also make a nice wedding gift for a younger couple just starting out without a lot of discretionary income.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am doing 1 week as a wedding gift! Thanks
RCI can be a better deal then booking points through Wyndham. I just booked a 1 week vacation,2 bedroom deluxe at the Grand Desert 165,000 points plus $239 booking fee. I could of booked a 1 bedroom deluxe for 105,000 points compared to Wyndham at 154,000 for the week. Less points required but add in the $239 fee. Great way to use points and it beats paying maintenance fees for 8-9 months if you are selling or giving back a deed with ovations . JMHO

Last edited:

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
RCI can be a better deal then booking points through Wyndham. I just booked a 1 week vacation,2 bedroom deluxe at the Grand Desert 1650,000 points plus $239 booking fee. I could of booked a 1 bedroom deluxe for 105,000 points compared to Wyndham at 154,000 for the week. Less points required but add in the $239 fee. Great way to use points and it beats paying maintenance fees for 8-9 months if you are selling or giving back a deed with ovations . JMHO
Not a better deal if you are booking for 1.65 million points. Lol just a little typo I am assuming