• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Opportunity NOW to purchase at a MVC resort with ROFR ?

WBP

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're convinced that the world is not going to come to an end, and that you and your family are not going to die from Coronavirus, or be hit by a train, airplane, or elephant, given MVW's current (as of today) business plan, NOW may be the time to purchase a week at a MVC resort with ROFR. See attached.

Attachments

• Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation Provides Business Update.pdf
    64.3 KB · Views: 427

CourtShorr

Reaction score
Our ROFR passed yesterday! We were really excited. I kind of figured that it would with the way things are going.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
If you're convinced that the world is not going to come to an end, and that you and your family are not going to die from Coronavirus, or be hit by a train, airplane, or elephant, given MVW's current (as of today) business plan, NOW may be the time to purchase a week at a MVC resort with ROFR. See attached.
I agree with you -- and I think you are also doing a favor to the owner who needs to get out from their ownership. I also think MVC is going to slow down it's ROFR dramatically until they assess the above, so good luck to those TUGgers who are trying to buy a week!

Best,

Greg

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
What are the high up-front cost but low MF properties in the West and Hawaii for beaches/skiing that could become affordable to buy because of this? The only one I can think of is Marriott Mountainside. It has reasonable MFs for a ski-in ski-out resort.

This is my understanding:
  • Mountainside: could become a good buy. Week 7 excluded from platinum season so medium desirability.
  • Summitwatch: MFs higher than Mountainside but still a desirable location. Week 7 included in plat season.
  • Timber Lodge: Buy-in cost is lower than Park City. MF is reasonable. Week 51, 52, 7 excluded from plat season though.
  • Vail: MFs too high and it's not ski-in ski-out.
  • Desert properties: no personal interest
  • Newport: could be a good opportunity to buy summer?
  • Grand Chateau: I own there and it's already cheap to buy to begin with.
Can anybody tell me about Hawaii? Are there any Hawaii resorts with comparatively lower MF than Hilton/Westin, that would be worth watching?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
What are the high up-front cost but low MF properties in the West and Hawaii for beaches/skiing that could become affordable to buy because of this? The only one I can think of is Marriott Mountainside. It has reasonable MFs for a ski-in ski-out resort.

This is my understanding:
  • Mountainside: could become a good buy. Week 7 excluded from platinum season so medium desirability.

I owned a Week 7 Mountainside for a short period of time and it was allowed to float in Platinum season, per the deed.

Vail, it depends on the buildings. The ones that MVCI purchased, vs built, have MFs that varied by the week for fixed weeks. Might be worth drilling down on a specific week if you are searching.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Well, we're about to find out how ROFR is impacted. Just purchased 1K DVC points for 0.76/point.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Well, we're about to find out how ROFR is impacted. Just purchased 1K DVC points for 0.76/point.

While we probably will be saying "before or after 20 Feb 2020" from now on, MVCI exercised on a 1500 points deal at $2.53 within the last week. Anything under $4 was being taken over the last 3-4 months, though I'm sure there were exceptions. Hope your's becomes the breakthrough exception. Post on ROFR.net and in the ROFR sticky thread when you hear.

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
DVC usually refers to Disney Vacation Club? 1000 DC points would have the minimum junk fees applied, which would make it expensive even at that price. Still, $4.75 all in (after fees) isn't bad these days. Could be an opportunity if SteelerGal is correct and they are waiving ROFR as some suspected they would.

Last edited:

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
An agent contacted me and said that MVC is waiving ROFR. We just purchased so can’t partake.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I'm an idiot. Meant MVC Destination Club points. Yes super low-ball effort to try to sneak one past the goalie. Will update ROFR when I find out.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
An agent contacted me and said that MVC is waiving ROFR. We just purchased so can’t partake.
In what context...everything? Resale weeks? Points?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
In what context...everything? Resale weeks? Points?

Predictions are that Marriott wants to conserve their dollars and "may" not be as aggressive today as they were a month ago.

Marriott followed the same path about 12 years ago when the economy was in the dumps.........

12 years ago they were ONLY dealing with weeks. Today they are dealing with weeks and points.

drpaddack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Canyon Villas
DC
Waiting and hoping for the best, we just had an offer accepted on a Grand Chateau 3br EOYE. Now we wait for Marriott.