• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Opinions about Westin Nanea 3 bedroom OF vs WKORV South 2 bedroom OFD

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
If Staroptions are not an issue and both villas are available, which would you recommend for four adults (sleeping in three beds)?

I've compared square footage: Nanea 3 bedroom, 1470 vs WKORV South OFD, 1800

Having three beds is a plus so that we wouldn't need to make up a living room sofa bed every night, but I'm not a fan of the Nanea kitchen and lack of counter space. My husband says that change would be good since we always stay at South and we would most likely never stay at Nanea in a 3 bedroom in the future. Looks like the Nanea restaurant is closed right now and we haven't loved the Inu bar selections in the past. We spend a lot of time at Pailolo when we are there, but could walk past the open space every day. Our adult daughter enjoys visiting the resort cats at Honua Kai, so Nanea is a bit closer.

We are planning on March for two weeks, with the first week in a South OFD. Is there anything great about the Nanea 3 bedroom OF for our second week?

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you could get South OFD the second week too, perhaps you can avoid a move. That would seal the deal for me.

i also like the beach there better. We tend to go south of the park to just be in the water or right in front of the south property to snorkel.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you could get South OFD the second week too, perhaps you can avoid a move. That would seal the deal for me.

i also like the beach there better. We tend to go south of the park to just be in the water or right in front of the south property to snorkel.

Thanks for your reply. Does the second bathroom in the Nanea villa only have a bathtub? Not a fan of the tub/shower combo.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Personally each person sleeping in a real bed is the critical decision for me, so I would take the 3 bed if I were in that situation. Now if there was a kid involved, (who does not have the aches and pains grownups get on sofa beds) then I’d go for the 2 bed, maybe. But I hate the hassle of putting the bed back into a couch every day.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Are any of the 3BR Oceanfront at Nanea not really ocean front i.e. in the block above the restaurant/behind the pool or is that just 2BR?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Denise,
Based on this review and photos (see link below), it looks like the 2nd bathroom of the three bedroom villa has a combined tub and shower

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
If Staroptions are not an issue and both villas are available, which would you recommend for four adults (sleeping in three beds)?

I've compared square footage: Nanea 3 bedroom, 1470 vs WKORV South OFD, 1800

Having three beds is a plus so that we wouldn't need to make up a living room sofa bed every night, but I'm not a fan of the Nanea kitchen and lack of counter space. My husband says that change would be good since we always stay at South and we would most likely never stay at Nanea in a 3 bedroom in the future. Looks like the Nanea restaurant is closed right now and we haven't loved the Inu bar selections in the past. We spend a lot of time at Pailolo when we are there, but could walk past the open space every day. Our adult daughter enjoys visiting the resort cats at Honua Kai, so Nanea is a bit closer.

We are planning on March for two weeks, with the first week in a South OFD. Is there anything great about the Nanea 3 bedroom OF for our second week?
I have nothing to add as I have only stayed in WKORVN but just wanted to say Hi!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
From the map shown above you have a 5/32 or 15% chance of getting a 3BR Oceanfront that is not ocean front at Nanea and if you are making the reservation through SO then you'll be more likely to get one of those.

From the layouts I can see the 3BR Master bedroom has the freestanding bath and separate shower and the other two bedrooms share a bathroom that has a 'normal' bath and a separate shower.

westin-nanea-ocean-villas-3bed-floor-plan.jpg

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I always thought 257k staroptions for the Nanea 3BR was too high, to only sleep 2 more people than a 2BR.

I would save the extra staroptions above the 176k for a 2Br, for an extra week vacation in a 1BR somewhere.
Nanea is effectively charging an extra 81,000 staroptions for a 150sf room with one bed.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have nothing to add as I have only stayed in WKORVN but just wanted to say Hi!

Hi Pat! I miss catching up with you! I hope that all is well. Any plans to get back to Maui? We will need to coordinate so that if I can't see you in NYC, I can see you on Maui!

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From the map shown above you have a 5/32 or 15% chance of getting a 3BR Oceanfront that is not ocean front at Nanea and if you are making the reservation through SO then you'll be more likely to get one of those.

From the layouts I can see the 3BR Master bedroom has the freestanding bath and separate shower and the other two bedrooms share a bathroom that has a 'normal' bath and a separate shower.

View attachment 30825

From the review that alwysonvac posted, the second bathroom doesn't have a separate shower. It's just a tub/shower combo with a shower curtain. We are definitely not fans of that bathroom. Not sure what they were thinking when they designed Nanea!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Hi Pat! I miss catching up with you! I hope that all is well. Any plans to get back to Maui? We will need to coordinate so that if I can't see you in NYC, I can see you on Maui!
We are going to Maui in December. Ships passing in the night!

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you all for your advice. I'm going to hope for an OFD and my backup is the 3 bedroom OF at Nanea. I am not a fan of many aspects of Nanea, but this would probably be the only time we would consider staying in a 3 bedroom, so it's not a bad second choice. I would not normally have SOs to use, and I agree that 257K SOs is crazy high (we could book a regular two bedroom and a one bedroom for less and get an extra bathroom with the deal), but life is short so why not try it.