• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $14,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $14 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Opinion on Nicest Las Vegas Timeshare

jojo777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on a Timeshare in Vegas. I have a friend's daughter going there to get married. Looking for suggestions. Preferrably, RCI.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What PamMo said. Location, view, huge units esp 2-BR, and ginormous projection TV screen if they care.
We 60-somethings loved it.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
My daughter & son-in-law recently stayed at the Marriott Grand Chateau and it was fantastic. We went down to see the two bedroom unit on a high floor overlooking the south end of the Strip and airport, and were quite impressed. They loved their time there as did their two kids, ages 5 & 7.

To the OP: Would this be for the bride & groom or for family & friends? Do they want to stay on the Strip? When are they coming? Will they have a car? Where will the wedding be?

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC at Flamingo
HGVC Elara is nice and is in a great location. It is in RCI. HGVC at Trump International Is very nice as well, but is located further north on the Strip. However, it is easy walking distance to the Fashion Show Mall, The Venetian, Wynn, etc.

Marriott’s Grand Chateau is very nice too, but they are in II. I don’t know if they are also affiliated with RCI.

Best regards.

Mike

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Marriott’s Grand Chateau is very nice too, but they are in II. I don’t know if they are also affiliated with RCI.
Mike, I think you're right about the Grand Chateau not being affiliated with RCI. Here's a list I found of LV RCI resorts: https://www.rci.com/resort-directory/list-view?id=12533#?searchKey=Nao=25&N=2876459038+4294965996&sortKey=P_ResortName:1&recCount=25&rciFilter=false&oecFilter=false&isRemoving=undefined&resortFilter=&id=12533

Elara seems to be a great choice for cool units and center-Strip location if that's where one wants to be.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Marriott's Grand Chateau is in interval International (II).

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Of the RCI resorts, I pd stick with Elara. Great location and great units. Just be aware that as an exchanger there is a higher risk of getting the units that face north directly into PH’s parking garage.

HGVC Flamingo is also a great location and I would assume very nice units.

We own at HGVC Las Vegas Strip. Great rooms, very nice resort but not the best location.

dayooper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at The Flamingo
@dougp26364 knows his Vegas TS’s and I agree. Elara is the swankiest with great rooms. It’s connected to the Miracle Mall/Planet Hollywood and right in the middle of the strip. Flamingo (where I own) is also a great location and very nice rooms, but not as modern as Elara. The Boulevard is also nice and, if they want to be away from the action, it’s a great place be.

You can check out some pics of each of the HGVC resorts here.

onelaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carriage House, Perennial Vacation Club, and Capistrano Surfside Inn
I own at the Carriage House which is across the street from Elara and just behind Marriott Grand Chateau and I love because it is not chain affiliated more personable and great staff. They are found on Trading Places, Platinum Interchange and DAE plus RCI and II so they are easy to exchange too.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Welk
I own at the Carriage House which is across the street from Elara and just behind Marriott Grand Chateau and I love because it is not chain affiliated more personable and great staff. They are found on Trading Places, Platinum Interchange and DAE plus RCI and II so they are easy to exchange too.
Thanks for the recommendation! I had a DAE exchange that was going to expire and just used it to book a studio unit at the Carriage House for February. Looking forward to it!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat, HGVC Elite, HICV, + few others
Having stayed at all of the HGVCs (5), the HICV 91), and the Wyndhams (2). The Elara is the hands down winner.

Haven't stay at the Marriott, or other chains or independents.

I have stayed even stay in the Elara 4 BR in the rooster tail section (red glass section) facing the strip. Now that was fantastic. That section is in the room and gives a couple of chairs and a table to sit on to enjoy the view.
1597169547269.png