• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Open Season for Disney??

missy008

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying HGVC timeshare (resale of course). I live in Florida and stay at Disney frequently. With HGVC, I like that I can save my points for a vacation out of state and use the Open Season Reservations (Last Call - RCI) to stay at Disney when we go (at least every 2 months for the weekend) for $100 a night for a 2BR. However, before I make the purchase, I have a few questions:

1) Have you used Open Season Reservations (Last Call - RCI) to stay at a Disney resort?

2) Is it true that the price is $80 or $100 depending on the room size?

3) Was it easy to make reservations/were reservations available?

4) Were there any additional costs?

Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Missy

Last edited:

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by "last call", but if you are referring to RCI's Last Call, I have NEVER seen a Disney resort posted there (at least on the weeks' side).

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I am thinking about buying HGVC timeshare (resale of course). I live in Florida and stay at Disney frequently. With HGVC, I like that I can save my points for a vacation out of state and use the Open Season Reservations (Last Call - RCI) to stay at Disney when we go (at least every 2 months for the weekend) for $100 a night for a 2BR. However, before I make the purchase, I have a few questions:

1) Have you used Open Season Reservations (Last Call - RCI) to stay at a Disney resort?

2) Is it true that the price is $80 or $100 depending on the room size?

3) Was it easy to make reservations/were reservations available?

4) Were there any additional costs?

Thank you so much for your thoughts.

Missy

Missy,

I believe you mean using Open Season to stay at an HGVC Orlando resort (versus one of the Disney timeshares). I'm sure many people have used Open Season at an Orlando property, and yes the nightly prices can be as little as $80/$100 per night. I recently stayed at HHV on Open Season and spent $120/night for a 1BR+ in Platinum season.

Although I don't routinely watch Open Season in Orlando, availability has been good when I have looked

Good luck!

mgeez

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been watching DVC thru the HGVC portal for 3 years. I have never seen a RCI Last Call offering for DVC. Not quite sure what you are referring to.

barond

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
1. No, disney resorts do not show up for last call via RCI, they are generally lower cost resorts.

2. The price is $200-$300 a week for last call via RCI, Open season is $80-$100 per night from HGVC and there are no fees. I have done both types.
I have stayed at HGVC Seaworld via open season and have stayed 2 weeks via RCI last call (technically extra vacation which is another option via RCI).
Open season is all HGVC resorts (not RCI).

3. Online reservations is easy for Open season, last call is online via RCI, extra vacations via RCI you have to call.

4. No extra costs beyond sales tax as it is a rental.

Baron

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Missy,
I live in FL and often use the open season to come to Orlando on short notice vacations also. I'm actually here right now in Parc Soleil on open season.

The resort is full yet I was still able to get a 2 bedroom lock off with a week's notice. I'm trying to extend another night and hopefully will be able to if someone is a no show. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Paid $380 for 3 nights for Saturday, Sunday, Monday. There is tax on top of that so total of $425 for the 3 nights in a nice 2 bedroom. It's got a great location to DTD just off 535. If I was willing to move to the other 2 HGVC properties there is room at both I-Drive and Seaworld for as late a reservation as tomorrow.