• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OooP's! Something unexpected just happened.

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
I started getting the "Oops!" message right after I transferred some points to RCI in early December. After I called and got an IT ticket, it probably took several more calls and about 15-20 days before everything got straightened out...

Very frustrating...! As Shania Twain might say: (Wyndham) don't impress me much...

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I guess the lesson to take away from this is to never use RCI....

Crafty71

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smugglers Notch Resort (Wyndham); DVC Old Key West
I guess the lesson to take away from this is to never use RCI....
Well, I transferred over only about 30K points, so I doubt that I will find anything for so few points regardless...

Cheers!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm seeing the "Ooops! . . . " pop-up during the booking process, when offered the chance to buy points protection. But, it doesn't seem to bother anything. I just clicked through it and got my reservation.

Totally different than the "Return to Availability." Can't click through that.

Aftermath

Reaction score
I have had Oops since 12/31. I have an email with ticket opened message # that owner resolution can’t see! Owner resolution can’t book for me either. Calling again Monday- hoping for some progress!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I'm seeing the "Ooops! . . . " pop-up during the booking process, when offered the chance to buy points protection. But, it doesn't seem to bother anything. I just clicked through it and got my reservation.

I noticed the same transient error during the points insurance section - but I could click through it on both occasions when I was making a reservation this weekend. Scored a four bedroom presidential unit at Clearwater over thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

I've seen the "Oooops! . . . " on the points protection page sporadically for a long time -- months now (time flies)? Most of time it's okay, but once every couple weeks - oops there it is. Agree, doesn't seem to bother anything (but I don't even try to buy points protection), yup click through and complete the booking.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I noticed the same transient error during the points insurance section - but I could click through it on both occasions when I was making a reservation this weekend. Scored a four bedroom presidential unit at Clearwater over thanksgiving!
emoji3.png

Whoa!! ¡Muchos puntos!

Aftermath

Reaction score
I have had Oops since 12/31. I have an email with ticket opened Calling again Monday- hoping for some progress

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Isn’t it school vacation time?

The grade school children in Carmel, Indiana (who I have long believed run all of RCI’s online affairs) may be out making snowmen instead in of tending to their RCI homework and computer activities.;)

it must snow a lot in Carmel Indiana
- and every yard and park must be full of snowmen

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
If this problem is not fixed with the 1/14 outage, I'll be writing Michael Brown. I spent 34 minutes on the phone this morning. I dialed in right at 8AM. A unit I wanted was available when I called. By the time they got me moved over to Owner Care, it was gone. So, I went with plan B (another resort) just to get something reserved for the dates I needed. That less desirable room/resort was available. Owner Care was going to send a note to get the house reservation booked. My question was, could it disappear while we wait for someone else to do the house reservation? Yes. Well, that's not fair. Bad enough that I had to wait to 8am (and call) to make a booking. She put me on hold and got 'someone' to make the booking. She then took the points out of my account. I asked her about the upgrade option that was entered. 'Oh, we can't do that with a house reservation, we can only book it'. How is that fair??? No answer. This issue needs to be fixed, it's been 13 days since this problem started through no fault of the customer.

chaomandy

Reaction score
I called again yesterday and the girl that I talked to said 15 Days.
I just called Wyndham because I still do not see the points being deposited to my RCI. The person that I talked to just kept on saying 15 days and told me that I was told 15 days on January 6th (that's the second time that I called. I called on 1/2 to start a ticket.) So I asked him when is the exact date I should be checking, he said, "21st." Has anyone seen your points restored to your account? Thank you!

Aftermath

Reaction score
If this problem is not fixed with the 1/14 outage, I'll be writing Michael Brown. I spent 34 minutes on the phone this morning. I dialed in right at 8AM. A unit I wanted was available when I called. By the time they got me moved over to Owner Care, it was gone. So, I went with plan B (another resort) just to get something reserved for the dates I needed. That less desirable room/resort was available. Owner Care was going to send a note to get the house reservation booked. My question was, could it disappear while we wait for someone else to do the house reservation? Yes. Well, that's not fair. Bad enough that I had to wait to 8am (and call) to make a booking. She put me on hold and got 'someone' to make the booking. She then took the points out of my account. I asked her about the upgrade option that was entered. 'Oh, we can't do that with a house reservation, we can only book it'. How is that fair??? No answer. This issue needs to be fixed, it's been 13 days since this problem started through no fault of the customer.
Did you get an email from IT with the name of person working on your case?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
No name, just a ticket #.

IME no names are ever given - only the case number. The case may bounce between different support reps and/or teams dependent upon what the reported issue requires for resolution - so names aren't really applicable as a result.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

What they have to do is book the larger/better unit and charge the member's account the points for the smaller/less desirable unit.

However, as has been discussed, this is a work-around and not an especially attractive one at that. Wyndham needs to resolve the underlying problem. Then we wouldn't have to call Owner Care or Owner Resolution and get bad answers from the people there.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What they have to do is book the larger/better unit and charge the member's account the points for the smaller/less desirable unit.

However, as has been discussed, this is a work-around and not an especially attractive one at that. Wyndham needs to resolve the underlying problem. Then we wouldn't have to call Owner Care or Owner Resolution and get bad answers from the people there.
I got the impression that if an instant upgrade had been available that I would have gotten it. That was not the case with this reservation and that is why I asked about the option checked.

If not fixed with the 1/14 upgrade, I'll be sending a note Michael Brown. They've been all about owners when it comes to GC's, they need to be equally about owners when bugs are creating unfair situations for owners.

Aftermath

Reaction score
Still not resolved. What is Michael Brown’s email with Wyndham, please?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still not resolved. What is Michael Brown’s email with Wyndham, please?
I just sent my note to Michael Brown after I called to ask about the ticket status.

The ticket status phone calls update did not go well. With the first VC, I was sent to a supervisor without any interaction. Black hole there, not even music. So, I called back and spoke with a person who looked up the ticket. She said it will be fixed with the January release. When I commented that it was not fixed, she put me on hold for a supervisor. This time, music, and then the line went to a survey. I let the survey know how I felt. Then, I sent a very purposeful note to Michael Brown.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I just sent my note to Michael Brown after I called to ask about the ticket status.

The ticket status phone calls update did not go well. With the first VC, I was sent to a supervisor without any interaction. Black hole there, not even music. So, I called back and spoke with a person who looked up the ticket. She said it will be fixed with the January release. When I commented that it was not fixed, she put me on hold for a supervisor. This time, music, and then the line went to a survey. I let the survey know how I felt. Then, I sent a very purposeful note to Michael Brown.

I doubt the two hour outage window was the real January outage that would target website fixes. I say this because on several occasions now I’ve seen that the outage window notifications do not align with the DT team sprint releases. In December for example the announced outage window was for the back end team - which has nothing to do with the website team. The two hour window was likely a small back end update while the larger website outage window has yet to occur. When the back end is being updated - the system usually is taken offline - whereas the biweekly sprint releases often aren’t actually announced. I fully realize this creates confusion for owners - certainly doesn’t help - but this is what I have observed over the past several months.

I’ve also observed that the back end announced outage window typically goes first, followed soon after with a corresponding website sprint release. The back end team typically rolls out updates once a month, whereas the website team typically rolls out changes via biweekly sprints. It would therefore not surprise me if we see a website update within the next few business days.

Aftermath

Reaction score
I doubt the two hour outage window was the real January outage that would target website fixes. I say this because on several occasions now I’ve seen that the outage window notifications do not align with the DT team sprint releases. In December for example the announced outage window was for the back end team - which has nothing to do with the website team. The two hour window was likely a small back end update while the larger website outage window has yet to occur. When the back end is being updated - the system usually is taken offline - whereas the biweekly sprint releases often aren’t actually announced. I fully realize this creates confusion for owners - certainly doesn’t help - but this is what I have observed over the past several months.

I’ve also observed that the back end announced outage window typically goes first, followed soon after with a corresponding website sprint release. The back end team typically rolls out updates once a month, whereas the website team typically rolls out changes via biweekly sprints. It would therefore not surprise me if we see a website update within the next few business days.

Thx for your explanation!

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
I hope you’re right. None of the problems I have been experiencing have been addressed. Total disappointment again!

Aftermath

Reaction score

If using the RCI website thru Wyndham portal on 12/31 created the inability to book, how often is the RCI website ”fixed”?

Last edited: