• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OooP's! Something unexpected just happened.

Aftermath

Reaction score
The Reservations made “in house” feature does not work either! I chose a nearby resort during low season and Wyndham representatives could not get me a unit. 2 days later there are still units available At that location. Meanwhile, the locations I really want have had openings I have missed out on! This is now day 17. I have loved my membership but am extremely frustrated now!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I hope you’re right. None of the problems I have been experiencing have been addressed. Total disappointment again!

That makes two of us - please do keep us posted on the current user experiences. Regretably I've received no feedback to my latest inquiry - but then again I've lost two key contacts and am still in the process of trying to determine who to go to for these types of inquiries. I would definitely recommend sending feedback to michael.brown@wyn.com for visibility as those types of inquiries do seem to promote attention paid and action - even if we don't see it ourselves firsthand.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
The Reservations made “in house” feature does not work either! I chose a nearby resort during low season and Wyndham representatives could not get me a unit. 2 days later there are still units available At that location. Meanwhile, the locations I really want have had openings I have missed out on! This is now day 17. I have loved my membership but am extremely frustrated now!
My experience has been that you have to contact the normal VC and they will submit a request to the in house people that will actually do the booking. Your record of the booking is the email confirmation. Of course, what you see, now, may not be visible at the exact moment that the in house person attempts to do the booking. I've been successful 2 times. I sent in a request yesterday and have received no feedback. What I requested is no longer available (at least not available per the website) but the specific request was sent. If it can't be filled, I'll have yet another comment for Michael Brown, ie. I want to be compensated for loss of use. He likes to talk about being fair to owners. well, put your money where you mouth is and be fair to me.

While I'm saddened that you are in the situation, at least we can follow each other and know when something changes.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
My experience has been that you have to contact the normal VC and they will submit a request to the in house people that will actually do the booking. Your record of the booking is the email confirmation. Of course, what you see, now, may not be visible at the exact moment that the in house person attempts to do the booking. I've been successful 2 times. I sent in a request yesterday and have received no feedback. What I requested is no longer available (at least not available per the website) but the specific request was sent. If it can't be filled, I'll have yet another comment for Michael Brown, ie. I want to be compensated for loss of use. He likes to talk about being fair to owners. well, put your money where you mouth is and be fair to me.

While I'm saddened that you are in the situation, at least we can follow each other and know when something changes.

I'm curious how this would work. How much compensation do you have in mind?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm curious how this would work. How much compensation do you have in mind?
I should at least get my fees back. Possibly the difference in points for regular booking versus a discount booking that I would have gotten had the issue not occurred. When I ask, I’ll have a reasonable calculated amount.

Aftermath

Reaction score
Update- I just received an email with the “in house” request - so it does work. Took 4 days- Newport in March midweek-still available units even available after confirming my unit. Anything in high demand- dates will be taken if you need to use “in house” - so it’s not a solution although I’m sure Wyndham thinks differently!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update- I just received an email with the “in house” request - so it does work. Took 4 days- Newport in March midweek-still available units even available after confirming my unit. Anything in high demand- dates will be taken if you need to use “in house” - so it’s not a solution although I’m sure Wyndham thinks differently!
Congrats. It does NOT work for high demand resorts/dates unless you book during normal hours and can immediately get to the in house team. And, therein lies the fairness issue. I'm not allowed to make bookings that are available to others on my schedule. I'm shut out. And, Wyndham has to see that this is unfair.

Aftermath

Reaction score
Congrats. It does NOT work for high demand resorts/dates unless you book during normal hours and can immediately get to the in house team. And, therein lies the fairness issue. I'm not allowed to make bookings that are available to others on my schedule. I'm shut out. And, Wyndham has to see that this is unfair.
TOTALLY agree!

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
I figured I'd report it here since this thread seems to cover multiple issues...but the multiple login prompts are back for me while navigating around the site. I know it goes without saying, but I miss the old site so much.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looping back to login screen is worse than ever for me.....yesterday I had to log on five times in a row.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
My login issues are getting worse, too. They had been better.

I don't see improvement in the site in the past few months (tell me something good). Seems if anything to be degrading. We are all learning to live what we can and throw our arms up in frustration every so often.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still unable to book ! Today, Tuesday Jan 18
Ditto. I did get an automated message on my ticket. No response from Michael Brown.

I'd give anything right now to just have a multiple login issue while booking, at least people can book.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ditto. I did get an automated message on my ticket. No response from Michael Brown.

I'd give anything right now to just have a multiple login issue while booking, at least people can book.

Yes. But they did take action against the mega renters (except of course, the biggest mega renter by far - Extra Holidays, which helps fund the bloated CEO pay). So if the owner experience sucks, well at least there will be bonuses paid to the corporate big wigs. And, really, isn’t that all that matters?

Aftermath

Reaction score

I received an email message on my ticket as well.

Hawaii2022

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham, Hilton
YOUR WEBSITE WILL BE TAKING A QUICK VACAY
Your website will undergo maintenance from January 19 at 10 p.m. EST - January 20 at 7 a.m. EST. Thank you for your patience as Club Wyndham continues to upgrade your online experience.

Showed only when making a new reservation

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
YOUR WEBSITE WILL BE TAKING A QUICK VACAY
Your website will undergo maintenance from January 19 at 10 p.m. EST - January 20 at 7 a.m. EST. Thank you for your patience as Club Wyndham continues to upgrade your online experience.

Showed only when making a new reservation

There’s the second website outage window I expected. This is likely the larger outage window for the actual front office DT team as compared to the quick two hour window for the back office team late last week. Thanks for sharing.

On an unrelated note - I’m no longer seeing the “oops something unexpected happened” when clicking through the insurance option during the booking process. Anyone still seeing this reported issue? I tried several times today and was not able to reproduce this issue. I’m also not seeing the “consecutive dates not available” on the monthly availability calendar that I was observing frequently over the past few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There’s the second website outage window I expected. This is likely the larger outage window for the actual front office DT team as compared to the quick two hour window for the back office team late last week. Thanks for sharing.

On an unrelated note - I’m no longer seeing the “oops something unexpected happened” when clicking through the insurance option during the booking process. Anyone still seeing this reported issue? I tried several times today and was not able to reproduce this issue. I’m also not seeing the “consecutive dates not available” on the monthly availability calendar that I was observing frequently over the past few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting. (And yet we still don't know what they are actually doing, right)?

I see the oops during insurance option intermittently, maybe last time was 2 or 3 days ago. It's never stopped me from booking.

This is right now, Clearwater for February. Clicking on anyone of these bolded dates will get you the 'consecutive dates not available' message.

1642583951267.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thanks for posting. (And yet we still don't know what they are actually doing, right)?

I see the oops during insurance option intermittently, maybe last time was 2 or 3 days ago. It's never stopped me from booking.

This is right now, Clearwater for February. Clicking on anyone of these bolded dates will get you the 'consecutive dates not available' message.

View attachment 45480

Thanks for this specific example - I was able to reproduce this via Clearwater Beach and have passed along this specific example to reinforce the expected behavior and the regression.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I'm getting Ooopsed when trying to book a 1BR at Emerald Grande March 12-19, also when trying to book a 3BR at EG from March 19-26. Both with developer points and resale points.

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
So much for the long outage to correct issues we were hoping for. They took down the 10:00 PM - 7:00 AM outage and replaced it with a 3 Hour outage instead! Not a good sign…

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can BOOK my own reservation!!! Multiple login issue still exists as does the issue with the availability calendar. I can live with the remaining issues as I can work through those.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can BOOK my own reservation!!! Multiple login issue still exists as does the issue with the availability calendar. I can live with the remaining issues as I can work through those.

Awsome.

Amazing how low our expectations have fallen for Wyndham website. We now are thrilled to have it work awkwardly or sporadically.

I wish corporate pay was linked to reliability of the website. We’d have state of the art perfection.