• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OooP's! Something unexpected just happened.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
This started popping up yesterday every time I tried to book a reservation. 24 hours later, still there. Seemed to start at about the same time when I moved remaining 2021 Resale Points to RCI. Happens on the phone, the PC, multiple browsers. And, yes, I've cleared the cache. Hate to call Wyndham, but, I do need to make a reservation. Is this happening to anyone else?
1640965094667.png

Aftermath

Reaction score
Yes! Same situation- after WYNDHAM representative moved some expiring points to RCI. I cleared cache too. Please post what you find out from Wyndham when you call.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes! Same situation- after WYNDHAM representative moved some expiring points to RCI. I cleared cache too. Please post what you find out from Wyndham when you call.
They tried to do a booking, no success. They created a ticket for IT and sent me on owner care who indicated that they would do the reservation with the resort. Must have something to do with RCI moves causing the accounts to lock up. I can see/do everything except book. I cancelled a reservation and added a day to a reservation without issue. Booking seems to be the issue.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
They tried to do a booking, no success. They created a ticket for IT and sent me on owner care who indicated that they would do the reservation with the resort. Must have something to do with RCI moves causing the accounts to lock up. I can see/do everything except book. I cancelled a reservation and added a day to a reservation without issue. Booking seems to be the issue.
Two out of three ain't bad? (Almost posted Meatloaf for you :)).

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

chaomandy

Reaction score
I am having trouble banking my points to RCI......
Am I going to lose my points?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am having trouble banking my points to RCI......
Am I going to lose my points?
I saw on FB where a lot of people were having issues with transferring. People weren't able to transfer online and were holding for over 2 hours only to get disconnected. They may have extended the deadline to transfer to Tuesday because of the system issue , I thought I read that. They are closed today for the holiday. I would definitely call tomorrow for an exception if you can't get it done online. (I don't transfer to RCI thus did not experience any of this myself).

chaomandy

Reaction score
I got transferred to Owner Care (that's what I was told by the lady who transferred me). The person at Owner Care said he needs to send a ticket so I can be in line for IT to restore and transfer my points and this will take up to 10 business days. Anyone has different experience?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The reservation I requested was made by someone per an email I received. No points used for it and it does not show up on the upcoming list. So, did they really do the booking? Still can't book anything on my own.

Aftermath

Reaction score
Just hope the ability to book gets fixed soon- meanwhile missing booking ski weekends. Kind of crazy that even WYNDHAM can’t do the booking either!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just hope the ability to book gets fixed soon- meanwhile missing booking ski weekends. Kind of crazy that even WYNDHAM can’t do the booking either!
Another morning, another morning not able to make a booking. And, the booking Wyndham sent me an email on does not show up. And, no communications from Wyndham in regard to the problems hanging out there.

Aftermath

Reaction score
DID OWNER CARE ACTUALLY BOOK THE RESERVATION FOR YOU?

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DID OWNER CARE ACTUALLY BOOK THE RESERVATION FOR YOU?
Not while I was on the phone. I received an email to that effect. But, it does not show in upcoming and there is no transaction detail. So who knows!!!

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
10 days to resolve?
I received an Email on the reservation yesterday. Today, I received a call that the reservation had been made and that the points had been deducted. I was able to confirm that the points were deducted. Since it's a 'house' reservation, I won't see the reservation on line and if I want to cancel, I'll have to call Owner Care. Forget that, I just cancelled the reservation with the agent and will wait for Wyndham to fix the system. I'm not overly concerned about waiting on that specific reservation.

I was told 10 days to fix the issue. Can't believe they expect owners to deal with such a crappy system.

Aftermath

Reaction score
This started popping up yesterday every time I tried to book a reservation. 24 hours later, still there. Seemed to start at about the same time when I moved remaining 2021 Resale Points to RCI. Happens on the phone, the PC, multiple browsers. And, yes, I've cleared the cache. Hate to call Wyndham, but, I do need to make a reservation. Is this happening to anyone else?View attachment 44564

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
10 days to resolve?

10 days until the next planned sprint release in mid-January. Changes to the website via the DT team aren't made outside of the normal sprint releases without special approval. Back office changes are generally made once a month in comparison - again unless special circumstances exist that warrant accelerating production changes.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
cyrus- please let us know when issue is resolved. I will do the same.
Will do. I finally received ticket info so I know it’s in the system. And, not fixed as of this morning.

DBLYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had this happen this morning when I was trying to book a reservation online. I had to call Wyndham. The rep made the reservation for me.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried to make any reservations lately, but the incessant need to relog in when in the middle of a navigation is starting to grate on me.

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried to make any reservations lately, but the incessant need to relog in when in the middle of a navigation is starting to grate on me.
This has been going on for me at least since August. Im done and over it and to think that part of our maintenance fees are going to support system should be embarrassing to them.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
This has been going on for me at least since August. Im done and over it and to think that part of our maintenance fees are going to support system should be embarrassing to them.

To the best of my understanding the MFs we pay that go to the HOAs to cover resort expenses don’t cover any costs related to the website. The program fees that we pay fund the expenses the developer incurs to run the CWP system, including the website functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
To the best of my understanding the MFs we pay that go to the HOAs to cover resort expenses don’t cover any costs related to the website. The program fees that we pay fund the expenses the developer incurs to run the CWP system, including the website functions.

My 2022 HOA budget for Bali Hai includes a line item for $347,142 or $0.15/kpts for Reservation & Inventory Management. Might be entirely separate from the back end for the website because that probably covers the room assignment functions and allows for reservations by legacy week owners. I suspect, however, that the HOA budgeting isn't always as cleanly split from the CWP side of things - for example, the Management Fees line item is split as $0.14/kpts for regular owners and $0.31/kpts for Presidential Reserve owners who also pay an additional $0.42/kpts for designated unit services. I guess it's possible that Wyndham provides twice the management (per point) to Presidential Reserve as it does to regular owners, but it seems an oddity.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Way to wow the 20 something's, Wyndham!

My nephew has been checking Park City regularly for some dates. Imagine his excitement when he found the dates he's been working so hard to find.

1641553314279.png