• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ooof that stings a little

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I said Ouch!!! when I saw my dues for BCV & OKW is up there too. :confused:

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Yep. We just try to look at what the same usage would cost us if we were paying cash, and we feel “a little” better.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep. We just try to look at what the same usage would cost us if we were paying cash, and we feel “a little” better.

good outlook! As an OKW owner it lessens the ouch factor a bit knowing our 2023 trip is to DLR my dues= will cost less than a hotel room w/dumpster views for a weekend

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
sort 2023 Dues 2022 Dues % Increase
Animal Kingdom Villas $8.8099 $8.2365 6.96%
Aulani $9.1424 $8.6739 5.40%
Aulani (Subsidized) $6.8727 $6.5205 5.40%
Bay Lake Tower $7.4255 $7.0826 4.84%
Beach Club Villas $8.1655 $7.5362 8.35%
BoardWalk Villas $8.5309 $8.0802 5.58%
Boulder Ridge $8.5110 $8.1469 4.47%
Copper Creek Villas $7.9203 $7.6020 4.19%
Grand Californian $8.0409 $7.4824 7.46%
Grand Floridian $7.3332 $7.0077 4.64%
Hilton Head $10.7305 $10.0707 6.55%
Old Key West $9.3570 $8.8063 6.25%
Polynesian $7.9475 $7.3859 7.60%
Riviera $8.5049 $8.3840 1.44%
Saratoga Springs $7.8622 $7.3287 7.28%
Vero Beach (Before 1/1/96) $10.1298 $9.4100 7.65%
Vero Beach (On or After 1/1/96) $12.8503 $11.9405 7.62%
The proposed budgets for each DVC Resort that account for these dues will be voted on and adopted at the upcoming annual meeting. Dues will then need to be paid by members by January 15th, 2023. DVC Member Annual Dues are deemed as “past-due” if not paid by February 15th, 2023.

Members can choose to pay their 2023 Disney Vacation Club Annual Dues in full using a credit card, debit card, Disney Gift Card, or a Disney Visa Rewards Card. Monthly automatic payments can also be set up to a U.S. checking or savings account.

Just a sidenote in my experience. My fees on 250 points each for SSR and OKW are over $1,000 total, and Disney will not let me pay more than $1,000 in Disney gift card for my fees.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Wonder how many BCV owners will be listing and or reducing priced

I wouldn't buy anything with an exp of 2042 at this point in time. I did buy about 12 years ago, OKW, exp 2042. I am going to be 87 and probably won't care one bit, but the kids will be disappointed when they expire.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Members can choose to pay their 2023 Disney Vacation Club Annual Dues in full using a credit card, debit card, Disney Gift Card, or a Disney Visa Rewards Card. Monthly automatic payments can also be set up to a U.S. checking or savings account.

Just a sidenote in my experience. My fees on 250 points each for SSR and OKW are over $1,000 total, and Disney will not let me pay more than $1,000 in Disney gift card for my fees.

I work around the max GC $1000. limit-

while I don’t own as many points you do-

I pay the first $1000 on or around the 15th of December than log out login and do it again…Not convenient but it works-

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I work around the max GC $1000. limit-

while I don’t own as many points you do-

I pay the first $1000 on or around the 15th of December than log out login and do it again…Not convenient but it works-
That's great. I can buy the Disney gift cards at either our local King Soopers (Kroger) and get $35 off of gas for every $250 spent during 4X Fuel Points. We don't use that many gas discounts in a month, but I can also buy gift cards at Office Depot/ Office Max and get 5X points with one of my credit cards. A $2,000 spend gets 10,000 Southwest points, which used to be more valuable to me, SW has devalued their points by requiring more per $100 in airfare, but they are better than no points.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's great. I can buy the Disney gift cards at either our local King Soopers (Kroger) and get $35 off of gas for every $250 spent during 4X Fuel Points. We don't use that many gas discounts in a month, but I can also buy gift cards at Office Depot/ Office Max and get 5X points with one of my credit cards. A $2,000 spend gets 10,000 Southwest points, which used to be more valuable to me, SW has devalued their points by requiring more per $100 in airfare, but they are better than no points.
I generally grab the GCs from Bjs wholesale- when they are on sale ( no clubs near us but the online only membership is cheap enough) than combine 2 $500 cards into the max $1000 per card

my question for you is semi- related…can the same be done ( using Kroger gift card 4X sale points ) towards Wyndham with a generic visa type gift card…

I seriously dislike monthly payments- and would rather pay MFs upfront…

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dumb question. What are included with your Disney Vacation Club dues ?
Can you list a few perks?

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score

Lol parking - I get a little cranky when people say DVC gets free parking- we don’t we just pay with our dues…

Now perks that’s a completely different animal imo and differs depending on resale vs direct…

Perks that all contracts get is on-site benefits- things like what was formerly known as extra magic hours- the parks open 1/2 early for onsite guests and some nights stay open late for deluxe guests (all DVC stays are deluxe) So if planned correctly 3 1/2 hours of less crowded parks hours 1-2 a week…

Direct membership- right now has only a few available benefits- and unfortunately they are mostly pay to play extra type stuff, and in park/resort discounts on merchandise and some dining…The only discounted tickets are for special events.
What is nice is the occasional membership parties and ride previews.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To add to @noreenkate ’s excellent list, Direct buyers (formerly known as Blue Card members, includes some grandfathered resale owners) also have access to the Top of the World Lounge in BLT. There’s also the Member Lounge in Epcot, up above the Imagination ride, also limited to Blue Card.

However, to be clear, those perks of being a Direct owner are paid from Disney Vacation Development’s marketing budget, not by owners’ dues. If paid by dues they’d have to be open to all owners.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lol parking - I get a little cranky when people say DVC gets free parking- we don’t we just pay with our dues…

Now perks that’s a completely different animal imo and differs depending on resale vs direct…

Perks that all contracts get is on-site benefits- things like what was formerly known as extra magic hours- the parks open 1/2 early for onsite guests and some nights stay open late for deluxe guests (all DVC stays are deluxe) So if planned correctly 3 1/2 hours of less crowded parks hours 1-2 a week…

Direct membership- right now has only a few available benefits- and unfortunately they are mostly pay to play extra type stuff, and in park/resort discounts on merchandise and some dining…The only discounted tickets are for special events.
What is nice is the occasional membership parties and ride previews.
Thanks for sharing that very informative information.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Top of the World Lounge in BLT.

Since it re-opened it’s become a pay to play - requiring a reservation for a dessert-ish party….

No more just going up and grabbing a cocktail to watch the fireworks-

Lots of reports that “Eligible” members are being turned away at the elevator without the “reservation” - I think the latest pricing is around $55 pp

edited the price

https p://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-experiences/top-of-the-world-lounge

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To add to @noreenkate ’s excellent list, Direct buyers (formerly known as Blue Card members, includes some grandfathered resale owners) also have access to the Top of the World Lounge in BLT. There’s also the Member Lounge in Epcot, up above the Imagination ride, also limited to Blue Card.

However, to be clear, those perks of being a Direct owner are paid from Disney Vacation Development’s marketing budget, not by owners’ dues. If paid by dues they’d have to be open to all owners.
Thanks for sharing those additional incentives or perks for owning at Disney Vacation Club.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since it re-opened it’s become a pay to play - requiring a reservation for a dessert-ish party….

Lots of reports that “Eligible” members are being turned away at the elevator without the “reservation” - I think the latest pricing is around $150 pp
Wow! Everything are changing for timeshare owners.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Lots of reports that “Eligible” members are being turned away at the elevator without the “reservation” - I think the latest pricing is around $150 pp
Not exactly. The newest dessert party is $89 pp and starts an hour and a half before scheduled fireworks. But you can also put your name in earlier (I think 6 PM) to go up without a reservation.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not exactly. The newest dessert party is $89 pp and starts an hour and a half before scheduled fireworks. But you can also put your name in earlier (I think 6 PM) to go up without a reservation.

On the disney forums - they are saying no lounge access as a walk up but possible observation deck access?

have you been able to get lounge access as a walk up w/o the pre-fix pricing? That would be some really good news!

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I generally grab the GCs from Bjs wholesale- when they are on sale ( no clubs near us but the online only membership is cheap enough) than combine 2 $500 cards into the max $1000 per card

my question for you is semi- related…can the same be done ( using Kroger gift card 4X sale points ) towards Wyndham with a generic visa type gift card…

I seriously dislike monthly payments- and would rather pay MFs upfront…
Yes, you can do that. Edited to add: At least you used to be able to do it, but now with the Paymentus system (which sucks), it might be trickier. I would try it.

We buy gift cards for our AP's as well and take them directly to the park to renew our AP's.

I hope new purchases of Annual Passes (AP's) come back because our kids' passes expire right about now, and I am going back and forth on renewing them for their fall birthdays as a gift.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On the disney forums - they are saying no lounge access as a walk up but possible observation deck access?

have you been able to get lounge access as a walk up w/o the pre-fix pricing? That would be some really good news!
I haven’t but have read reports elsewhere.

I’d actually like to go up after fireworks!

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can do that.

We buy gift cards for our AP's as well and take them directly to the park to renew our AP's.

I hope new purchases of Annual Passes (AP's) come back because our kids' passes expire right about now, and I am going back and forth on renewing them for their fall birthdays as a gift.

I absolutely waited until day 29 of the 30days past expiration- the FOMO got me… we have no WDW plans for 2023 and I had vowed to start going other places- tomorrow I leave for my 1st ever beach vacation, and kids are oh if we are going to Florida anyway can we stop on the way….

I called renewed on the phone- they don’t mind the GCs as long as it’s not a kizzilion $25 cards at one time…They have no issues with $1000 gift cards

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven’t but have read reports elsewhere.

I’d actually like to go up after fireworks!

that’s exactly how I feel about Oga’s!

my last stay in May the TotWL wasn’t re-opened yet-
and with the new verbiage not sure it would have qualified- I had traded in on RCI-
Previously the rules were blue card and onsite reservations = access ( minus the few blockouts ) we had gone up a few times while staying via cash convention at Coronado and All stars…

…now it reads
**Access to Top of the World Lounge requires an eligible Walt Disney World Resort hotel reservation booked by using your Membership, valid photo ID, and digital Disney Vacation Club Membership Card.

I assume that means AP, cash, and convention stays are out as well as renting another member’s points…
But staying on points or MS booked discounted cash stays are good…

love to know if II trades would qualify

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This post is not timeshare related. It is about my family Disney cruise experiences.
But, over a decade ago on our first Disney Cruise.
A Disney Red Bus would picked up my family from the airport and transported us to the Disney Resort property.
We had early admission to the theme parks and we could stay a little later after the theme parks closed.
We also had Disney Hopper passes.
We could enjoy the fireworks from our villa. Awesome display of fireworks.
The morning of the cruise; Disney Cruise Line would picked up our luggage from the resort and transport our luggage to the Disney cruise ship. I loved those large Disney characters cruise tags.
We would then ride the Disney bus to the cruise ship and our luggage would be in our staterooms.

Last edited: