• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ONGOING SEARCH WITH SDO FOR MARRIOTT

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
With the new Vistana-Marriott II Internal Exchange, how does that affect my ongoing search in place using my SDO for Marriott?
Paid $209 and $99 size upgrade fee.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
It likely increases the chances of a match but the chances of a refund are slim.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
With the new Vistana-Marriott II Internal Exchange, how does that affect my ongoing search in place using my SDO for Marriott?
Paid $209 and $99 size upgrade fee.
I think you will have to cancel (and potentially lose the seniority) and set the ongoing search up again the get the lower fee.

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
I though about that. I didn't want to lose my seniority though. I might have to call II and see what they say, Is there a number for II specifically for Vistana owners?

FamilyEsq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ESJ - Puerto Rico
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas North
Are you a SDO resale purchaser? I am trying to figure out whether resale purchasers of voluntary units have access to the lower trading fees and Marriott preference.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you a SDO resale purchaser? I am trying to figure out whether resale purchasers of voluntary units have access to the lower trading fees and Marriott preference.
I am a resale voluntary owner, all the Vistana exchanges with Marriott are $154

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
The FAQ is clear there will be no refunds on exchanges initiated prior to 1/22/20.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The FAQ is clear there will be no refunds on exchanges initiated prior to 1/22/20.
That would be on exchanges initiated prior to 1/22. If you cancel an OGS, you get back the full exchange fee. With an OGS though you don't pay the upgrade fee upfront. So not sure if the OP has an OGS or actually confirmed an exchange. I don't see why one with an OGS can't cancel and then reopen the request under the new fee.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
That would be on exchanges initiated prior to 1/22. If you cancel an OGS, you get back the full exchange fee. With an OGS though you don't pay the upgrade fee upfront. So not sure if the OP has an OGS or actually confirmed an exchange. I don't see why one with an OGS can't cancel and then reopen the request under the new fee.

I understand that but OP indicated he did not want to lose seniority on the exchange.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I understand that but OP indicated he did not want to lose seniority on the exchange.
There is no seniority in II with OGS. It is all based on trade power. If someone comes along months after you placed your OGS with a week that has higher trade power, they will get the match before you. So unless all other things are equal, there is really no drawback with cancelling and reinitiating the OGS.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have an OGS and paid upgrade ($99) upfront because I am using a 1BR to search for 2BR
I wasn't aware that you had to pay the upgrade fee upfront.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did it online. When I was prompted asking how many BR I wanted, chose 2, $99 was added to my fees and says upgrade fees.

I didn't know you could request a larger unit upfront. I'm always learning something new on TUG. Thanks!

(Does that mean they WON'T match you to a smaller unit?)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I did it online. When I was prompted asking how many BR I wanted, chose 2, $99 was added to my fees and says upgrade fees.

I just did a mock request and see the following. I used a studio to request only a 2BR. It mentions the fee could be up to $198, but only due if they confirm. The amount due today is $0. Perhaps this works differently for an enrolled Marriott week, which is what we own.
2020-01-24_14-43-38.png

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here and I've used non-enrolled Marriott's and voluntary Vistanas for trades... I have only been charged if I receive the upgraded unit.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

heckp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA SDO MKO WKV
OMG I was telling a lie the whole time :cry: yes it did ask for $99 upgrade fees but I didn't read further. The email says the $99 will be charged only when I get confirmed a 2 BR, I only got charged $209 the time when I put my request.
MY APOLOGIES!
TUG members got your back all the time!