• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ongoing Saga w/ a II Exchange

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Seriously I never thought it would be difficult to exchange a week into II. After calls to Vistana(2hrs), it was confirmed that my week was transferred Nov 1st. Well on Nov 9th, I booked an exchange. Easy, right. NOOOOO!!!. I received an email from Vistana telling me the week is not available. Call and told the week is unavailable. Since it is a recent purchase, get the Estoppel to prove the week is available to transfer. Vistana confirms the week was available and it transferred. Call II and told sorry Vistana denied. Hello, its was supposedly transferred Nov 1st. Rep tells me that I must go back to Vistana and get a transfer#. WTH. How can 2 companies be anymore incompatible. I have already sent an email however this truly leaves zero desire to utilize II to exchange. And I recently upgraded to Plat. Grrr.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Seems more of a Vistana issue, not an II issue. II can only let you trade weeks confirmed from where you own.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Again, it is a Vistana problem and not an II problem. I have similar issues with Vistana in the past and it always turned out to be a Vistana issue. Vistana rep who was supposed to do the transfer thought you did not have the week and declined the transfer. I will put my money on this. Call II and ask for a 3-way call to sort it out.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Yes, its Vistana but it's all a problem w/ II. I shouldn't have to request a 3way to resolve an obvious backend issue. After spending a total of 2hrs today, I was finally able to get a knowledgeable rep who did her due diligence. It shouldn't take me 5 reps from both companies to actually complete customer service. Now that II is under the MVC Umbrella, I expect a higher level of service especially looking at their profit margin. This has shown me that II still has a long way to go when in comparison to their competitors. I just want an exchange website that works and provides readable information. Our II account is in such disarray and I can not get anyone to update. Then add the lack of notification besides a snail mail letter when there is an II issue. I know I'm just ranting however its time for MVC to upgrade its exchange system w/ software from this century.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, its Vistana but it's all a problem w/ II. I shouldn't have to request a 3way to resolve an obvious backend issue. After spending a total of 2hrs today, I was finally able to get a knowledgeable rep who did her due diligence. It shouldn't take me 5 reps from both companies to actually complete customer service. Now that II is under the MVC Umbrella, I expect a higher level of service especially looking at their profit margin. This has shown me that II still has a long way to go when in comparison to their competitors. I just want an exchange website that works and provides readable information. Our II account is in such disarray and I can not get anyone to update. Then add the lack of notification besides a snail mail letter when there is an II issue. I know I'm just ranting however its time for MVC to upgrade its exchange system w/ software from this century.
While II and Vistana have the same parent company, they are still separate entities. A mom and pop shop can fix all issues on their own because they have full control and know what is going on all the time. Large companies... good luck. I have been spending at least an hour on the phone with Marriott hotel and Marriott Vacation Club almost every day. The hotel side messes up my travel certificates and points over and over again. The MVC side has a different problem that has repeated itself 3 years in a row on an issue in my account. I hate Marriott, hotel and timeshare, and their lack of service.