• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One Plus One Week???

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge can you please give me an easy to understand explanation on how one plus one weeks work? I have three in my RCI Account and have no idea how to use them. I had two and after I booked a 2nd week to extend our September vacation to Aruba a third one showed up. Could one of these have been used for the 2nd week to Aruba instead of using one of my banked weeks? What fees are involved using one of these weeks?

Thanks,

Suzanne

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suzanne,

I recently answered this question here. You may also wish to check the Ask RCI FAQ's here.

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
Hi Madge,
I never heard of the 1 plus 1 week until reading Suzanne's question. I went to the link you posted to find out what it is. Now I wonder is this an old promotion or is it still ongoing. I just confirmed an exchage on 11/22/05 for a resort in Williamsburg VA and I don't see anything posted in my account about having an extra week. Also, what does RCI base the trading power on when you start a search? The same resort that you own at? One last question...when you begin a search on a 1 plus 1 unit is there an extra fee or just the initial fee when you accepted the week? Thanks
T

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
T,

One-Plus-One is an ongoing RCI program; however, it is not advertised except by Guides via telephone. The fee is variable but discounted more than Extra Vacations. The fee will be quoted by the RCI Guide when the unit is offered.

You will need to ask a Guide to deposit the One-Plus-One week for you. It is only deposited automatically when you confirm the qualifying exchange online.

Iwant2gonow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Mountain View at Crown Ridge
Does that mean that I am able to call RCI back and ask for this one plus one week since I confirmed an exchange over the phone in Nov. 05 and the VC did not offer it to me?
Also, I really don't understand why they will give you a week for a week? What kind of trading power does it have? Since there is a fee for it, is it really worth it? It sounds really good but can I use it in a search just like my owner week? or can it just be used for an extra vacation? I guess I'm just still a little confused
Thanks again.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Iwant2gonow,

You may request a One-Plus-One by contacting a Guide or sending an e-mail to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line.

The One-Plus-One is similar to Extra Vacations in that it accesses surplus availability. However, pricing is generally lower and you will find fewer vacations in One-Plus-One than you will find in Extra Vacations.

SBK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pricing?

[COLOR=DarkRed]When you confirm an exchange in an area targeted for the One-Plus-One promotion, an additional vacation week at special rates is deposited into your account automatically. It appears online as a One-Plus-One week; however, it cannot be accessed online. You will need to contact an RCI Guide to confirm these. For every regular exchange confirmed into targeted areas, members may confirm an additional week into any of the same areas for $241.99 domestic (296.99 CD) and $296.99 international (351.99 CD). Availability is in the following regions: [/COLOR]

Madge --

I copied the above from the FAQ on One-Plus-Ones. Did you mean that the price varied between the US and overseas, or did you mean that the price could vary by resort within the US?

Thank you,

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Susan,

The pricing for One-Plus-One weeks is no longer fixed. It is variable from one week to another; however, it will still be close to the pricing indicated in the Ask RCI FAQ's and less than Extra Vacations in most cases.