• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One night in Kauai--where to stay

Teddie2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coral Reef Hilton Head, Indian Wells Condoshare
We check out of our timeshare on Sat AM and are not leaving Kauai till 8PM Sunday .. we need a place to stay one night that is not a dive but not too expensive.. any suggestions .. many of the nicer places seem to want at least a 2 or three night min.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
We check out of our timeshare on Sat AM and are not leaving Kauai till 8PM Sunday .. we need a place to stay one night that is not a dive but not too expensive.. any suggestions .. many of the nicer places seem to want at least a 2 or three night min.
Aloha,
We stayed here http://www.kauai-inn.com/ & http://www.wizardpub.com/Kauai/krkauaiinn.html
one night in Jan 08 because the new direct flight from Seattle to Kauai landed so late that we preferred to arrive a night early than lose a day at our resort.
Other than being a bit cramped for space (we are spoiled by the roominess of timeshares) and a bit noisy prior to dawn as itinerant workers (e.g. airline crews) get up and leave, we were surprised by how nice a place it is. We met at least one person who was staying there for an extended period of time as a vacationer.
The street is far less busy than in front of http://www.wizardpub.com/Kauai/krgardenisland.html
We did pay a few dollars extra to get a room with sufficient comforts we wanted. That included windows on both sides (I am not sure but it might have been a sliding door) in order to get a cross breeze. We did not get a room with an air conditioner (a few dollars more) because we almost never use a/c in Kauai in January.
I would not recommend this as a destination spot, but it was surprisingly adequate for our needs.
edited to clarify that it was a sliding door; the room looked just like the king patio room photo second row on the right at http://www.kauai-inn.com/accommodations.html
Jack

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I would try for a 3 or 4 Star on Priceline. With the depressed travel numbers to Hawaii, you should be able to do quite well.

Priceline Kauai info.

Priceline Kauai Hotels:

KAUAI

Kapaa-Lihue-Koloa

Resort
Marriott Resort & Beach Club Kauai
Sheraton Kauai Resort
Grand Hyatt

3 Star
Hilton Kauai Beach Resort
Kiahuna Plantation & Beach Bungalows
ResortQuest Kauai Beach at Makaiwa (formerly 2* Coconut Beach Resort)

2 Star
Aston Islander on the Beach
Best Western Plantation Hale Suites
Kauai Sands Hotel
ResortQuest Aloha Beach Hotel

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved the Marriott there (it has the best beach and Luau onsite!) definately a nice way to spend the day in Kaui

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Go to Hotwire and if they offer you a 3* hotel in Kapa'a take it. It almost certainly will the ResortQuest Islander on the Beach, a very nice facility directly behind Coconut Marketplace.

We've been in your exact situation our last two trips to Kaua'i and that's what we've done when we haven't been able to line up a B&B. We've not regretted; we had no qualms about doing it again last month.

If you start looking to do direct on-line bookings, you are apt to find that many places require a 2- or 3-night minimum. But with PL or HW, if you put in or accept an offer on one night, that's what you get. You pay less and avoild the minimum stay requirements.

Teddie2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks to all who responded. The only way I like to do priceline is at the last minute because you never know what might happen and cannot get your money back if you cancel on an item you bid on. That said I don't like to do too much last minute in case I am not happy with the outcome so I am not sure I want to wait for priceline.. but it is certainly a possibility. The one Inn mentioned is a possibility .. I am still checking around. One B and B did say they would accept us for one night.. most places said no.. so if anyone has any additional suggestions they would be welcome.

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a similar flight situation in August (our flight was at 9:15 pm). We stayed at Marriott's Kauai Beach Club for our timeshare week and finished up at the Best Western Plantation Hale Suites in Kapaa. We found a rate of $110 a night at the Best Western for a one bedroom full kitchen unit. We actually booked two nights so we didn't have to leave our bags in the car the last day while we were at the beach and were able to shower up before our flight home. We checked out at 7 pm before our flight. And, the Best Western let us check in early (11:00 am). The Best Western wasn't great, but it was OK for one night.

Teddie2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for that thought as we were actually wondering what to do that last day with our bags wanting to hang at the beach --booking two nights is a thought though an added cost.. but depending on where we stay we might be able to get a good rate and it might not be so bad.. thanks good idea

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton Kauai Beach resort is about $200 a night and is where we stayed for our last 2 nights after we had to check out of the condo. You can reserve through their site and I think you can cancel with no penalty one or two days prior to check in if plans change.

The resort has 2 pools, one a sand bottom and one with a waterfall. There is a good buffet breakfast with made to order omelettes etc. where you can dine outside by Koi ponds looking at the ocean. They have a package where you get the buffet for 2 for about $10 more a night than the cheapest rate, and it was worth it to us. Every night from I think 5-7 pm there is an open bar with all you can drink mai tai's for free. they ring them on trays and deliver them to guests sitting in pool chairs or at the bar. If you get there early get a stool at the tiki bar and as soon as you glass is empty you can get another drink with no waiting.

https://secure.hilton.com/en/hi/res...onid=5ABFNXOOTLMAMCSGBJBNUKQ?_requestid=57771

Last edited: