• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One Night Bookings are now back [MERGED]

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just coming to post the news!

One-Night Bookings Are Back!
In response to the pandemic, the Board and Wyndham Destinations have been working closely together to protect the health and safety of owners, guests, and associates. The unprecedented nature of the current pandemic has necessitated difficult, but crucial, decisions. As part of the steps that were taken to ensure resorts could uphold enhanced cleaning protocols and standards, one-night bookings were suspended. With that said, we have heard your feedback and are pleased to share that the Board and Wyndham Destinations have coordinated the return of one-night bookings effective Sept. 14, 2021.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
One-Night Bookings Are Back!
In response to the pandemic, the Board and Wyndham Destinations have been working closely together to protect the health and safety of owners, guests, and associates. The unprecedented nature of the current pandemic has necessitated difficult, but crucial, decisions. As part of the steps that were taken to ensure resorts could uphold enhanced cleaning protocols and standards, one-night bookings were suspended. With that said, we have heard your feedback and are pleased to share that the Board and Wyndham Destinations have coordinated the return of one-night bookings effective Sept. 14, 2021.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I was just coming here to post this same information. Great to hear!

Dave

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Very welcome news! Thanks to all who posted this news!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
are they back on the wyndham side?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is great news if you are a Worldmark owner.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Now everyone can buy Worldmark credits again!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
… you mean resale, right?
I guess I worded that wrong. I should have said "Should be okay to start going to owner updated again" as some were proposting boycotting these until the 1 day booking returned.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Time for a trip !!!!

Bill

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty slim pickin’s in bonus time now, at least in the more popular resorts in Oregon and Washington. I keep hoping to snag one night in a Seaside 3 BR ocean front penthouse unit in bonus time. There were numerous single nights available before the switch back to allow single nights, and now there is nothing. Of course, I will be obsessively checking back.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was able to book bonus time for a bike trip. I booked the first night and then tried to book the second night in a different location. WM had no bonus time option for the second night. I logged out of that account and logged into a different account and was able to get the second night as bonus time.

Is bonus time being restricted to one night per account ?

Bill

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is bonus time being restricted to one night per account ?
Bonus Time is restricted to a maximum of four consecutive nights and only one Bonus Time reservation on the books at a time, and some other restrictions. If you had only one account, you could have called-in for the second consecutive Bonus Time night at a different resort and grouped it with the first Bonus Time night.

"11. Number of Bonus Time Reservations. An Owner may use as many Bonus Time reservations as possible within the following limitations. An Owner may have only one Bonus Time reservation until the reservation has been completed. If the Bonus Time vacation plan is to stay at more than one Club Resort, then the Owner may make the number of reservations needed, provided the combination of these reservations is for consecutive nights, and that the Bonus Time does not exceed four (4) nights. An Owner with 5,000 through 19,000 Vacation Credits may use only one Weekend Only Bonus Time reservation each calendar quarter. Owners with 20,000 through 29,000 Vacation Credits shall be entitled to two (2) Weekend Only reservations. One Weekend Only Bonus Time reservation shall be added for each additional block of 10,000 Vacation Credits owned by an Owner."

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
FWIW, the Website's Waitlist form has not yet been updated for "1 night" stays. I created a waitlist with just one night in the date field but had to choose 2-nights in the notification fields for Minimum and Maximum number of nights. I wonder if this will work or be rejected ... hmm.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bonus Time is restricted to a maximum of four consecutive nights and only one Bonus Time reservation on the books at a time, and some other restrictions. If you had only one account, you could have called-in for the second consecutive Bonus Time night at a different resort and grouped it with the first Bonus Time night.

"11. Number of Bonus Time Reservations. An Owner may use as many Bonus Time reservations as possible within the following limitations. An Owner may have only one Bonus Time reservation until the reservation has been completed. If the Bonus Time vacation plan is to stay at more than one Club Resort, then the Owner may make the number of reservations needed, provided the combination of these reservations is for consecutive nights, and that the Bonus Time does not exceed four (4) nights. An Owner with 5,000 through 19,000 Vacation Credits may use only one Weekend Only Bonus Time reservation each calendar quarter. Owners with 20,000 through 29,000 Vacation Credits shall be entitled to two (2) Weekend Only reservations. One Weekend Only Bonus Time reservation shall be added for each additional block of 10,000 Vacation Credits owned by an Owner."

Thanks for this !!

Bill