• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One Bedroom 2 Double Beds at Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations In Waikoloa Hawaii

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Located in the Waikoloa area on the big island of Hawaii (20 minutes north of the Kailua-Kona airport) is where you will find the amazing Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare. The property is extensive and feature two pool areas plus easy access to the Hilton Waikoloa pools, jacuzzi's, restaurants, etc... This location is ideal for viewing ocean sunsets and walking along the ocean. This room was facing the golf course but had a partial ocean view from the deck...

The two double beds makes it possible for a family of four to sleep in the bedroom and leave the living room available without opening the couch. There was a fitness center, and all the other amenities that you expect from a high end timeshare. Staff was great. This was an ocean view room and the view was amazing.

One Bedroom 2 Double Beds at Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations In Waikoloa Hawaii

Map of all my timeshare reviews

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no question the timeshare rooms at Ocean Towers are very nice. We just got back from there, and have stayed there numerous times. BUT, we have decided that will be the last time. The $40/day parking is a turnoff, and the layout of the resort sucks. It is a looooong walk to anywhere. The "train" is sluggily slow. You can pretty well walk at the same speed. My wife and I call it Disneyland, and it just isn't our thing. We love the Bay Club, and will be staying there for all our future stays (semi annually).

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
There is no question the timeshare rooms at Ocean Towers are very nice. We just got back from there, and have stayed there numerous times. BUT, we have decided that will be the last time. The $40/day parking is a turnoff, and the layout of the resort sucks. It is a looooong walk to anywhere. The "train" is sluggily slow. You can pretty well walk at the same speed. My wife and I call it Disneyland, and it just isn't our thing. We love the Bay Club, and will be staying there for all our future stays (semi annually).

We will be staying there in February, without a car. $40/day parking is ridiculous, almost as expensive as the Hilton Hawaiian Village which is another resort where we DON'T GET A CAR. We have been to the Island of Hawaii 4 times before with a car staying at different resorts so that we have seen the areas outside of this resort. We will Uber or cab it to the supermarket up the hill and enjoy the Waikaloa area.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband once attended a conference at Hilton Waikoloa. It was last minute and the only rooms left were in Kona at the tiny not-so-great hotels and they wanted $300+. This was about 12 years ago. I had the brilliant ideal of making an open season reservation at the Bay Club. That’s back when open season rates were still $60 for a one bedroom and a $100 for a two bedroom across the board.

He walked to and from the conference every day even though he had a car. And his travel time to the conference rooms from our timeshare was actually faster than a lot of his colleagues who were staying at Hilton Waikoloa.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
My brother and sister-in-law own at Ocean towers. They never get a car. We’ve been going to the Bay Club for 20+ years and I absolutely have to have a car on the big island. There’s just to much to do and see outside the Waikoloa resort.

But of course parking is free at the Bay Club and you can park right in front of your condo building.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
My brother and sister-in-law own at Ocean towers. They never get a car. We’ve been going to the Bay Club for 20+ years and I absolutely have to have a car on the big island. There’s just to much to do and see outside the Waikoloa resort.

But of course parking is free at the Bay Club and you can park right in front of your condo building.
We have stayed at Kingsland and Bay Club a few times for a total of 5 weeks over the years and have seen the stuff we want to see. We will try to do the car less trip in February and see how it goes. We have stayed for over 150 weeks in Honolulu without a car, but their public transporation is great. While we do have the Hilton Timeshare Shuttle in Waikoloa we are not planning on doing the public transportation thing on Hawaii Island.

Clifbell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
Located in the Waikoloa area on the big island of Hawaii (20 minutes north of the Kailua-Kona airport) is where you will find the amazing Ocean Tower by Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare. The property is extensive and feature two pool areas plus easy access to the Hilton Waikoloa pools, jacuzzi's, restaurants, etc... This location is ideal for viewing ocean sunsets and walking along the ocean. This room was facing the golf course but had a partial ocean view from the deck...

The two double beds makes it possible for a family of four to sleep in the bedroom and leave the living room available without opening the couch. There was a fitness center, and all the other amenities that you expect from a high end timeshare. Staff was great. This was an ocean view room and the view was amazing.

I park my car at the Bay club up the road and don't pay the $40/night... I agree it is reiduiculus.

Monkeyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kaanapali beach Club. Bay Club
How do you park at bay club with out a pass?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
How do you park at bay club with out a pass?
Not practical for a long stay, it's a long walk to the Tower lobby from BC. They don't check parking passes, and you would have to enter at the Kohala lobby entrance without a room key to work the BC gates.

Sent from my Lenovo 10e using Tapatalk

fairprsn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Seapointe

Hi Cliff, First, As a new HGV owner I find your YouTube videos very helpful. We are planning to use our bonus points at Ocean Tower this year but for now I think we’re going to pass on renting a car As we’ve visited the island in the past. So I have 2 questions: how extensive is the on-site shuttle service and is there an on-site car rental desk in case we want to venture out for a day or two?