• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

On Cape Cod now

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Staying at Cape Holiday Estates. Like that they are stand alone units.
Lots of turkeys (15 in the group I saw) come out at dawn and then at dusk to roost in the pine trees. They really make a racket when they fly up into the pine trees.
em2S6nQuA02itDTpDdQpje2oojk2oLm5Yn0zmJbzwk1p_1X8fHF9rIgeZcY3Rsg8guNoIb-aoh-Ek_pJcFohroQMsJ7JLO-IMWpuqwz83OzaUy3CH7bNKTNBNcHEnOirp9TwpvEjxEs=w2400

Dd2uU6AaU6BoTA6Gw99fsL8Ufgo2YrOt5tDWXXzXYHWNMsQa6eOcv7kA9DuBeHXuAN9LKhgLJcVfRc8Eq6RDKJ520Xm3HUNUW8ajmKIY1j-fiAsRf40vwUcx-8UFH7FlbmsHJc-7CG0=w2400
BC4n0FQ4wHTC6n6UUzxFmf5EsQvX8G_1idrEiTXE1axeHq0N7cgW8RIfW3Y_g4F30Y2vVNQJfg8b_nCfZmKri5mC0xRAW5W1VwbP-7mjAiham4Ol98n4EZKwBZuoT9ah3g-S_wbxpDY=w2400

Weather has been hit or miss but nice day at Provincetown yesterday taking photos of the causeway (did not go over it, and people in the pic are random people at the time) and finished off with nice meal at the Lobster Pot.

q5MtwFtV7gk8tyiJF4y4ABWvjqP6GfQz3_F0GZHdccb0z0SmIzGbKV6CL73M3vIoMMOCxa4ecFhXfAXkV4JmsVAqmEVCF1x-eGi1-G4krgCKDyOsLdxn2Gj2Cy6HcK90HaS1fkE7Itw=w2400

wTIDV5R_S7DL8YvehoGrass_lanylFqktZMUtEJJOEz0YoZEYsLTsM9PxA4qdgfSv57tA6XgOJwCfZD2y7BNSDKQ0KSJFHo7dtrrJd8AWI2iJam-XWi7uftC73gcJRd98c2ZSByRLFk=w2400

Haven't spotted any herrings yet at the Brewster or Mashpee herring runs. Been hit or miss per a herring counter agent at Mashpee herring run due to yo yo temperatures but he said they are at the peak so will try later on in the week when temps in the 60s (been in the 50s since we got here).
vyjQB5LSyb_5sUEY0mpP20enyLDpt-FcbIfaXKPdp4zXhfS-m_qAzoxE90uCFZU9LV5SPK3QYCXW28QXX9fMFYnelsUZwBKDySD2CN09D0uFNh4yS7HGNa2xkrPZ0gxsq_DmCdvEDYc=w2400

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! We stayed at Cape Cod Holiday Estates a couple of years ago--I forgot about the turkeys! I never saw them fly up into trees anywhere else!

Looks like a fun trip!

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of turkeys (15 in the group I saw) come out at dawn and then at dusk to roost in the pine trees. They really make a racket when they fly up into the pine trees.
em2S6nQuA02itDTpDdQpje2oojk2oLm5Yn0zmJbzwk1p_1X8fHF9rIgeZcY3Rsg8guNoIb-aoh-Ek_pJcFohroQMsJ7JLO-IMWpuqwz83OzaUy3CH7bNKTNBNcHEnOirp9TwpvEjxEs=w2400

Dd2uU6AaU6BoTA6Gw99fsL8Ufgo2YrOt5tDWXXzXYHWNMsQa6eOcv7kA9DuBeHXuAN9LKhgLJcVfRc8Eq6RDKJ520Xm3HUNUW8ajmKIY1j-fiAsRf40vwUcx-8UFH7FlbmsHJc-7CG0=w2400
BC4n0FQ4wHTC6n6UUzxFmf5EsQvX8G_1idrEiTXE1axeHq0N7cgW8RIfW3Y_g4F30Y2vVNQJfg8b_nCfZmKri5mC0xRAW5W1VwbP-7mjAiham4Ol98n4EZKwBZuoT9ah3g-S_wbxpDY=w2400

Weather has been hit or miss but nice day at Provincetown yesterday taking photos of the causeway (did not go over it, and people in the pic are random people at the time) and finished off with nice meal at the Lobster Pot.

q5MtwFtV7gk8tyiJF4y4ABWvjqP6GfQz3_F0GZHdccb0z0SmIzGbKV6CL73M3vIoMMOCxa4ecFhXfAXkV4JmsVAqmEVCF1x-eGi1-G4krgCKDyOsLdxn2Gj2Cy6HcK90HaS1fkE7Itw=w2400

wTIDV5R_S7DL8YvehoGrass_lanylFqktZMUtEJJOEz0YoZEYsLTsM9PxA4qdgfSv57tA6XgOJwCfZD2y7BNSDKQ0KSJFHo7dtrrJd8AWI2iJam-XWi7uftC73gcJRd98c2ZSByRLFk=w2400

Haven't spotted any herrings yet at the Brewster or Mashpee herring runs. Been hit or miss per a herring counter agent at Mashpee herring run due to yo yo temperatures but he said they are at the peak so will try later on in the week when temps in the 60s (been in the 50s since we got here).
vyjQB5LSyb_5sUEY0mpP20enyLDpt-FcbIfaXKPdp4zXhfS-m_qAzoxE90uCFZU9LV5SPK3QYCXW28QXX9fMFYnelsUZwBKDySD2CN09D0uFNh4yS7HGNa2xkrPZ0gxsq_DmCdvEDYc=w2400
I've stayed here many years ago and liked the location and separate cortages. LOVE the turkeys ..wow!!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I love to see the herring run. It's been a few years and would love to go back. How long does it last and when did it start?

There was a lady there at the same time we were watching the run that was so upset that the birds were grabbing and gobbling down the herring. Circle of life, lady!

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who was asking about resorts where the units were separate buildings? I forgot about Cape Cod Holiday Estates...

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
I love to see the herring run. It's been a few years and would love to go back. How long does it last and when did it start? ...

From my pre-trip web searches it usually runs mid to late April to mid May. I think they saw it start late April. Basically the streams have to be above a certain temperature (I think I read 50 deg F) to trigger the run. With the temperatures being Yo-yo like, I think it kind of messes with things.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
I've only seen a seagull get one fish and that's it so far. Hopefully the next 2 days which are to be much warmer will help

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
How are the units at Cape Cod Estates? I loved Brewster Green. Loved it, even though it's an older timeshare. It seems everything on Cape Cod is older.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
How are the units at Cape Cod Estates? I loved Brewster Green. Loved it, even though it's an older timeshare. It seems everything on Cape Cod is older.

I like them because the units are stand alone cottages that have a good amount of separation between them (google maps street view shows this nicely and resort website indicated each on 1/3 acre lot) and they are nestled in the woods.

There are some 33 cottages and I believe they all have vaulted ceilings with sky widows in living room and master bath, making them feel spacious (master bathroom was filled with moon light at night). All are 2 bedroom except for I think one or two 3 bedroom ones. I believe all 2 bedrooms are one floor only with the 3 bedrooms having two floors.

There are 2 full bathrooms in the 2 Bedroom units with the master bathroom being large. Ours had water saver shower heads which are ok but definitely not my preference. The showers and sinks take like 2 and 1/2 minutes to get fully hot water to finally come out. The kitchen is a full kitchen with everything except a garbage disposal. They also have a washer and dryer in each unit. Our unit was in good shape and the Cape Cod Holiday Estates website has pretty good pics of the inside (I also took lots of pics of the inside of the unit we are in). Master bedroom only has a queen bed which is ok but I'm used to a king. Guest bedroom has two single beds.

They have a nice indoor pool, tennis court, basketball court, putting green, shuffleboard court, game room, although we haven't used any of those while here. And it's cool to see the turkeys that roam the resort. I'd say it's very similar to Brewster Green ,which I also liked, although it has stand alone cottages which give you more privacy

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Also I think it's the first time I've encountered a "Turtle Crossing" sign on Cape Cod.

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score

Weather is always hit or miss at the Cape at this time of year

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The weather should be better starting today! Enjoy and watch out for those turkey's some of them have a nasty streak!

rickandcindy23: j When I stayed at Brewster June 2020 I did have the feeling that the unit was updated. It's not just the cape that has alot of older resorts, for the most part all of New England timeshares are. But, they are typically always clean and comfortable.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
The weather should be better starting today! Enjoy and watch out for those turkey's some of them have a nasty streak!

rickandcindy23: j When I stayed at Brewster June 2020 I did have the feeling that the unit was updated. It's not just the cape that has alot of older resorts, for the most part all of New England timeshares are. But, they are typically always clean and comfortable.
I'll be heading back that way so I'll try to check out BG...its been years!! You're right Caoe and most of New England is older. I noticed it right away once I started doing exchanges. Cozy clean....

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love those turkeys!!! I used to see them going to work in MA.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I was trying to remember when we were there. I think it was 2019, maybe 2018. I would have to look it up on RCI. I loved it.

They do burn the wax logs in the fireplaces, and there is an odor of burned wax in the unit, but we opened the doors and let the fresh air in. Rick checked the chimney and it was very dirty, needs cleaning. If they think wax logs do not create issues with chimney fires, they are very wrong on that.

I would stick with Brewster Green for the king in the master, which was very comfortable.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Visited the Edward Gorey house today . Pretty cool. I did because I remember having the "WugglyUmp" book when I was small, and we watch Mystery on Iowa PBS all the time which has the characters he drew and animated for that shows intro. Neat to see all the stuff in the house and tour guide was pretty good.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).

If the five different people we have lined up to stay with my mother work out, we're heading to our Brewster Green unit for two weeks; checking in on June 3. Fingers and toes crossed because it's been four years since we were there. We love it there too.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was trying to remember when we were there. I think it was 2019, maybe 2018. I would have to look it up on RCI. I loved it.

They do burn the wax logs in the fireplaces, and there is an odor of burned wax in the unit, but we opened the doors and let the fresh air in. Rick checked the chimney and it was very dirty, needs cleaning. If they think wax logs do not create issues with chimney fires, they are very wrong on that.

I would stick with Brewster Green for the king in the master, which was very comfortable.

When we were there, I didn't recall any smell in the unit from the fireplace, but we were also there the first week they opened after Covid shut down, so the unit wasn't used for months. I do recall sitting on the patio and looking at the exterior wall which would have been directly behind the fireplace and mentioning something to my husband, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. There was some sort of patchwork there. I will ask him, maybe he remembers.

I do recall the master being very comfy, but my DD (14 at the time) who never complains about the beds hated the twins in the 2nd BR. She said it was like sleeping on a rock slab, they were very firm. DH was coming up after us and she called him and asked him to bring her body pillow with him so she could at least sleep over that. To this day when we speak about that trip she will mention the "rock bed"

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going to Surfside in East Falmouth on Friday 13 (fingers crossed) for a week..

I haven't been to this location, but have always found the InnSeason resorts to a step up from typical area resorts. Enjoy!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Rick checked the chimney and it was very dirty, needs cleaning. If they think wax logs do not create issues with chimney fires, they are very wrong on that.

Cliff restrings blinds, adjusts shades, even rehangs draperies wherever we go. I have had to stop him from getting up on restaurant seating to finagle the blinds numerous times. We once were given a nice book of B&Bs across the USA when he fixed the blinds at a place in New England where we were staying (sadly timeshares have pretty much put the end to B&B stays the last 20 years).

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cliff restrings blinds, adjusts shades, even rehangs draperies wherever we go. I have had to stop him from getting up on restaurant seating to finagle the blinds numerous times. We once were given a nice book of B&Bs across the USA when he fixed the blinds at a place in New England where we were staying (sadly timeshares have pretty much put the end to B&B stays the last 20 years).
I should have explained that Rick was a Denver firefighter for 40 years, retired 7 years ago, and we have had a chimney cleaning business since 1983. He still does that at 67. He is slowing down, but the extra $$ a year on top of his retirement has been pretty nice. It's not a lot, but it's enough to pay for our vacations in full.

He is a major do-it-yourselfer. I also have to keep Rick from fixing things at the timeshares we stay. He actually started trying to figure out the leak in the dishwasher at Marriott's Cypress Harbour once. I told him it's not his house to fix.

He remodeled the entire townhouse and I made him do some unique things to it to make it beautiful. Right now he is re-finishing our basement. It was finished in 1980, but it's in need of a major update. Everything, including the bathroom tiles and toilet, and the old pre-fab shower, is going into the dumpsters each week, a little at a time. We don't want to get a rolloff.

That fireplace at Brewster Green was in sore need of a sweep. So was Hyatt Highlands Inn's fireplace. So dirty. And Rick is a person who is pretty conservative and tells a lot of people that their chimneys are not dirty enough to clean, but if they want him to, he is happy to run a brush through for an extra $60 over the inspection fee of $110.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Been a few years since we have gone to Cape Cod, but we had been going every year for quite a while. The Herring Run was amazing. Brewster Green was a great place to stay - it had everthing but the beach. Lots of turkeys wandering around, but where I live that's nothing unusual. Haven't seen a rabbit this year in the yard, but the fox and bobcats may have had something to do with that.