• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

On a very happy note...

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congrats Dave! I retired almost 4 years ago. Never look back...

The only time I'll look back is to appreciate where I am right then and there. I spent a lifetime being as good as I could be at my work. Now I want to do the same with my retirement. :thumbup:

Dave

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the retirement, Dave! You sure picked an interesting time to do it, though. But what the heck? Jump in and enjoy it! For now, quarantine yourselves and stay healthy! I'm sure you can find lots of things to enjoy from/around home. You always seem to have an appetite for learning that will fill your life with purpose for many years to come.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congrats on the retirement, Dave! You sure picked an interesting time to do it, though. But what the heck? Jump in and enjoy it! For now, quarantine yourselves and stay healthy! I'm sure you can find lots of things to enjoy from/around home. You always seem to have an appetite for learning that will fill your life with purpose for many years to come.

Thanks, Pam. This was my third "planned" retirement date. This virus was an unexpected fly in the ointment. Staying close to home for a few weeks will be a good thing, and will force me to get a head start on my project list.

As to learning, you're right. The way I see it, it's exactly like farming: "When you're green, you grow. When you're ripe, you rot." :D

Dave

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
The only time I'll look back is to appreciate where I am right then and there. I spent a lifetime being as good as I could be at my work. Now I want to do the same with my retirement. :thumbup:

Dave
Btw, it was great to hear good news. You might be better at retirement then work!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Congratulations, Dave! I retired in November and love it (although I do watch my grandkids - and love it).

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Congratulations! I've been in corporate IT my entire career, 35 years and counting. Can't hardly wait until I can take that last walk out of the office, but hubby says I have expensive taste, plus we just bought another MVCI resale week, so got to pay for that somehow. Luckily I "work from home" all the time, not just for Coronavirus, and I've "worked" from Ko Olina, Maui and others, however, the time difference to East Coast is brutal.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Wishing you nothing but the best in retirement! Congratulations!

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
Congratulations on your retirement, Dave. Please don’t do what my husband did. He retired at 66 after a lifetime on Wall Street and we left NY to enjoy life at a slower pace in SC. Four months later, he was bored out of his mind and he got a part time job at Home Depot to keep himself busy. Three months into his new job HD offered him a full time managerial position. He threw himself into the job and averages 50-60 hours/week. It’s been over a year and he has no intention of quitting. I have never seen him happier.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Aaaanndd, just like that, I'm OFFICIALLY RETIRED!!! YAY!!! :cheer::banana::hi::wave::whooopie:o_O:thumbup::):shrug:

I was going to retire at the end of the week, but after completing my last work project yesterday morning, I had no idea how to spend the next four and a half days. Busy-work makes me crazy. I spoke with my Manager yesterday afternoon, HR said things were good with them, and we all agreed today would be my last workday. Lots of heartfelt good luck wishes from coworkers, I cleaned out my desk, turned in my badge and door keys, and here I am.

It feels pretty surreal, that after 48 years in IT, and the last 12 years at a very busy regional hospital system, that it's all finally said and done. Time to see what the next chapter of my life contains.
But first things first - tomorrow morning we'll see if it's possible to sleep in, even a little.
1f603.png

Dave
Congrats! Which hospital system?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Congratulations on your retirement, Dave. Please don’t do what my husband did. He retired at 66 after a lifetime on Wall Street and we left NY to enjoy life at a slower pace in SC. Four months later, he was bored out of his mind and he got a part time job at Home Depot to keep himself busy. Three months into his new job HD offered him a full time managerial position. He threw himself into the job and averages 50-60 hours/week. It’s been over a year and he has no intention of quitting. I have never seen him happier.
Nice, The difference is he is working because he wants to and can leave at any time If he becomes unhappy.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Congratulations Dave!! Well deserved, who’s living the dream now. :)

Brett

Reaction score
Thanks, Pam. This was my third "planned" retirement date. This virus was an unexpected fly in the ointment. Staying close to home for a few weeks will be a good thing, and will force me to get a head start on my project list.

As to learning, you're right. The way I see it, it's exactly like farming: "When you're green, you grow. When you're ripe, you rot." :D

Dave

congratz on your third retirement - the pandemic has created a lot of home projects

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Congratulations! Enjoy this new phase of your life.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, you didn't sleep in too long for your first day of retirement. I have faith that you'll get the hang of it before long.

Jim

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Congratulations and best wishes for a long, happy and healthy retirement. Enjoy!

-Diane

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Congratulations! Finally your own boss. Enjoy for decades to come.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Deleted

Harry

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, you didn't sleep in too long for your first day of retirement. I have faith that you'll get the hang of it before long.

Jim

HA! Actually, I slept well, but woke up a lot, subliminally worried I might somehow oversleep. This is a habit I'm curious to see if I can break.

I woke up right on time, if the alarm had been set, which it wasn't. I forced myself to try and sleep in, but it was kind of a lost cause. The brain machine started its morning routine, and I knew I was done sleeping for the night. I forced myself to stay in bed another hour, but there wasn't any extra sleep. I've been getting up at 4 to 5 AM every day for decades. So things are going to take some time to adjust.

It's now just a shade past 8:30 - I'm up, dressed, breakfast eaten and dishes cleaned, my dogs fed and walked, email checked and answered, and I'm facing the day, making a list of things to tackle (or at least to think about tackling.) I'm enjoying one more cup of coffee, and checking Tug. Then the retired fun really starts.

I can see this retirement thing is going to take some practice. LOL! :D

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's now just a shade past 8:30 - I'm up, dressed, breakfast eaten and dishes cleaned, my dogs fed and walked, email checked and answered, and I'm facing the day, making a list of things to tackle (or at least to think about tackling.) I'm enjoying one more cup of coffee, and checking Tug. Then the retired fun really starts.

I can see this retirement thing is going to take some practice. LOL! :D
I know how you feel. I'm an early riser by nature too. Always have been. My dad said that since I was up, I may as well do something useful so I started my newspaper route at age 12.
Even now, after not pulling in a paycheck for 10 years, 6:30 is about the time I'm through sleeping. Occasionally, I'll surprise myself and see the clock at 8:30 or so, but that's rare. What drives me nuts is NEEDING to be up early- say 5 am or so to dash to the airport for a flight, I'll automatically wake up an hour before the alarm goes off.

Well, keep it up. Practice makes perfect. For you, today REALLY IS the first day of the rest of your life! :)

Jim

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, Dave! It will feel great. I was in IT for a loooong time and finally retired 3 years ago from full-time work, and 18 months ago from part-time work, which was a nice gig. My last FT job (and subsequent PT gig) was also at a regional hospital system, and a great organization. Still, I don't miss a minute of it, and I don't think you will, either!

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Aaaanndd, just like that, I'm OFFICIALLY RETIRED!!! YAY!!! :cheer::banana::hi::wave::whooopie:o_O:thumbup::):shrug:

I was going to retire at the end of the week, but after completing my last work project yesterday morning, I had no idea how to spend the next four and a half days. Busy-work makes me crazy. I spoke with my Manager yesterday afternoon, HR said things were good with them, and we all agreed today would be my last workday. Lots of heartfelt good luck wishes from coworkers, I cleaned out my desk, turned in my badge and door keys, and here I am.

It feels pretty surreal, that after 48 years in IT, and the last 12 years at a very busy regional hospital system, that it's all finally said and done. Time to see what the next chapter of my life contains.
But first things first - tomorrow morning we'll see if it's possible to sleep in, even a little.
1f603.png

Dave
Congratulations!!! I know you had posted that you were retiring in 2020 but, WOW! Sleep and do nothing for a few weeks to adjust to your new life. Travel when safe.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Well, my first day of official retirement is mostly completed. It went well, I think.

I took care of chores and things early this morning, then scrubbed a bathroom. Spent a fair bit of my day doing assorted chores outside, cleaning the front porch, watering a few plants, staging equipment for larger gardening projects that start tomorrow. The day's biggest accomplishment was installing a new awning top on a 10' metal gazebo on the back patio. It's something that is removed in the Fall, then reinstalled after the last chance of snow is over. This year I bought a new one. It looks great, and now I'll have a dry place to stand if it's raining while I wait for my dogs to finish their business in the yard. Small victories. :) Dinner is done, kitchen cleaned up, watching the evening news and surfing the web a bit. Checking back with my Tug family to let you all know I survived the ordeal of this first day.

Whew - this retirement thing is exhausting! LOL! I need to slow down, or I'll run out of things to do. (Yeah, right!)

Dave, happy

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congratulations, Dave! It will feel great. I was in IT for a loooong time and finally retired 3 years ago from full-time work, and 18 months ago from part-time work, which was a nice gig. My last FT job (and subsequent PT gig) was also at a regional hospital system, and a great organization. Still, I don't miss a minute of it, and I don't think you will, either!

Thanks! I learned today that my entire working team was ordered to 100% remotely working from home, starting today. They're taking the Coronavirus risks very seriously. Glad I'm able to self-quarantine here at home, and be away from things.

As of this evening, Washington State has 1,817 cases of Covid-19, and 66 deaths (including another 10 people from the LifeCare facility in Kirkland, Washington, bringing the death toll there to at least 35 since the pandemic started.) Nearly 16,000 people have tested negative for the virus.

Dave