• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Omar damages Divi little beach and Royal Islander on St Martin

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This article says:

Two hotels — Divi Little Bay Beach Resort and Royal Islander Club — might close temporarily after heavy water and wind damage, said Robert Dubourcq, executive product manager for St. Maarten's Hospitality and Trade Association.

A disco and restaurant at the Caravanserai Resort were destroyed, and construction of 260 new rooms might be temporarily halted, he said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081016/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/tropical_weather

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the beach bar at the end of the runway in ST Martin fared??? Anybody heard??

Sunterra

Reaction score
Ground floor at Royal Palm Beach flooded, and end units at Flamingo took the brunt.

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Belair beach Club held up? I have been searching the web and haven't seen it mentioned by name. I also haven't heard how bad the erosion at little bay beach was. If anyone knows anything, please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:

CLIFFTOPS

TUG Member
Reaction score
belair beach

belair held up well. the deck around the pool was destroyed but it was built not to withstand much of a surge so that is no surprise. two ground floor rooms on the divi end had water damage. lots of sand to clean up.

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
belair held up well. the deck around the pool was destroyed but it was built not to withstand much of a surge so that is no surprise. two ground floor rooms on the divi end had water damage. lots of sand to clean up.

Thanks for the update. I am sure that assesments will be coming to replace the deck and fix the damaged rooms. Of course it could have been a lot worse so we should be thankful. I wish they would build a bigger pool and deck when they do the repairs. Hopefully it will be something they might consider and put to a vote. Maybe they could at least get some estimates.

The other big question I am wondering is how bad was the beach eroded? Was there major erosion where the beaches will need to be refurbished or just some minor erosion which will repair itself naturally? Thanks for any more info you might have. I e-mailed the resort some questions but I haven't heard from them yet.

CLIFFTOPS

TUG Member
Reaction score
belair

traveltalkonline.com is where i got info on belair. there is actually a video that was taken yesterday morning. it looks like the beach held up ok. i doubt there will be an assessment as damage was minimal per belair mgmt. the pool does not seem to be a priority item at belair and as an owner of six weeks i support that feeling. on the video, gingerbread cafe looks ok and the main problem seems to be on the end of the building toward divi. check the traveltalkonline website as there is an owner on site who is submiiting reports.
we will be there is jan3 to jan 31 and mar 28 to apr 25. let me know if you are around at that time. we will get together.

tombo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Due to high air fares I rented out my 2009 Belair week, and I am going to Aruba for my only 2009 trip requiring air travel. I will be at the Belair week 18 in 2010. If you are at the Belair then I would love to meet you.

CLIFFTOPS

TUG Member
Reaction score
video of belair is on page 7 complitation of damage reports on travel talk on line .com.
the beach looks good.
hope to see you at belair in the future.