• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Olympic Medal Counts

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Something interesting I noticed about Olympic medal count standings for Beijing. NBC lists their medal counts in the order of total medals, so USA is on top. However the other country media outlets (I checked Canada, Australia, England) list them in the order of most Gold medals. So that puts China on top. I found this to be an interesting observation.
Something tells me that if USA had more golds but less overall medals, the way they are listed by NBC and other countries would be the oposite?

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This subject was raised on the BBC this morning. What they did was allocate 3 points for Gold, 2 for Silver and 1 for Bronze. Calculated on that basis China was still at the top with US second. In fact I think something like the top 10 remained exactly where they were.
What I find amusing is that the attitude of the US always seemed to be "First isn't just best, it's the only place. Everything else is losing" It's only when things aren't going so well that some parts of the media try to change the rules.
I remember a comment once that 2nd is 'first loser'. On that basis at least the US are bigger losers than China. :D

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
True Gold winners

IMHO the South African woman who competed (not just swam) for 6.2 miles and came in 16th is this games biggest winner.
She did this outstanding feet with one leg as she lost the other at age 17.
She was a little disappointed in her performance and said it was not a big burden as all she had to do was pull a bit harder with her left arm.
I would like to see a special category like the Oscars to recognize the real heroes who bring tears to those watching but get no Olympic recognition.
Maybe the diamond category.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
This subject was raised on the BBC this morning. What they did was allocate 3 points for Gold, 2 for Silver and 1 for Bronze. Calculated on that basis China was still at the top with US second. In fact I think something like the top 10 remained exactly where they were.
What I find amusing is that the attitude of the US always seemed to be "First isn't just best, it's the only place. Everything else is losing" It's only when things aren't going so well that some parts of the media try to change the rules.
I remember a comment once that 2nd is 'first loser'. On that basis at least the US are bigger losers than China. :D

Here is the picture of the British Empire in the 1920s.

map_of_the_british_empire_in_the_1920s.png

How big is it now? I think we know who the biggest losers are. :hysterical:

Even timeshares don't lose that much value in 90 years.

ricki999

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO the South African woman who competed (not just swam) for 6.2 miles and came in 16th is this games biggest winner.
She did this outstanding feet with one leg as she lost the other at age 17.
She was a little disappointed in her performance and said it was not a big burden as all she had to do was pull a bit harder with her left arm.
I would like to see a special category like the Oscars to recognize the real heroes who bring tears to those watching but get no Olympic recognition.
Maybe the diamond category.

These type of stories are why sports is my favorite drama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU3jfbb172E&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7QbKGgsm8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V22PebTiik

Last edited: