• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

old bbs.. what happened?

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe its just me? but...
When I access the old bbs. The exchaging and western boards have zero topics?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That's correct. Eventually, all of the old BBS will likely disappear.

If there is info on the old BBS that you would like to preserve on your PC, it would be advisable to do so, although no date has been set for the complete sunset of the old BBS.

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a waste of good info. Some of that stuff will be of value for years. Other things for 3-5 years. So good information that isn't even a year old will be trashed if indeed it is even available right now. Boo! Give us the old BBS back where there was info that was invaluable and keep the new one. :mad:

Sterling

taffy19

Reaction score
Dave, why don't you give the web site for the archives that you gave us once before. Would it still be listed there?

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
iconnections said:
Dave, why don't you give the web site for the archives that you gave us once before. Would it still be listed there?

http://www.tug1.net/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

I agree with Sterling. Why delete it?
How much memory could it take 100mb? So all the ask RCI and Ask II info with be gone, along with the archived posts?

Its a bummer I didn't realize this earlier, Exchanging and Western boards were my most frequented.

taffy19

Reaction score
Dave, my question was to Dave M. He once referred us to a web page that had very old posts from TUG. You may not have seen it. I think it is a shame that all recent posts are wiped out but the older posts were too. I am so happy with the new software as it is a big improvement. :)

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
iconnections said:
....very old posts from TUG.

:)

About once a year, I go hunting on Wayback (an Internet archive database) for old TUG BBS discussions - from the 1990s, well before the "old" BBS was born in December 2000.

It's fun to link to some of those old conversations and see how many names we can recognize. The questions asked then are basically the same as those asked today. That's one reason why the archive capability of this new software will be a big improvement. Being able to keep the great discussions will help us all.

Ultimately, I'm sure we will bring a lot of useful info over from the old BBS. That has already been done on some forums, such as Travel and Marriott. There is no intent to discard important info that exists on the old BBS. However, saving every thread about (for example) upfront fees serves no useful purpose.