• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OLCC 3 bedroom vs Vistana 2 bedroom

girard

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide on an exchange in Orlando. I've never seen the 3 bedroom units at Orange Lake, so can't make a comparison. There are some things I don't like about OL, such as the distance from malls & other stores, and the need to drive within the resort. I'm just wondering though, if having a 3 bedroom would outweigh the convenience of Vistana. We stayed in a 2 bedroom and thought it was very comfortable (I think it was the East Villages), but am wondering about the 3 bedrooms. What area are they in and are they older units or would they be just as nice?

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I much prefer Vistana to OLCC, but would go with the 3br for our group. We normally have five or six and nobody really wants to sleep on the sofa bed.

The 1 in 4 rule would also play into the decision depending on whether I hoped to stay at one or the other in the near future.

Sheila

Jimster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Olcc

I have stayed at both and obviously I own at OLCC. The best answer is that it depends. LOL It depends on what unit you end up getting. My TS is near the pool in the East Village. These units are two stories tall and I love the 3 bedrooms there. They are very spacious and clean. There are other 3 bedrooms there and I am not as enamored by them. Yet, three is better than two to my mind. Also with my unit there is really little need to drive unless you want to go over for bingo to the West Village. At Vistanna, the units I have stayed in were very nice but I understand they are not all that way. My general rule of thumb is 3 is better than 2, but it is an individual thing. You won't really know until you see what unit you get.

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Given that I own at OLCC and have a 3-bedroom in the North Village, I certainly have a perference there. While there may be less driving at Vistana, I wouldn't rule it out entirely. When I stayed in the Fountain II area, the pools were only across the street and so were some of the activity centers. But to get to the onsite store and some of the other activities, you had to exit the resort and re-enter the resort to get to the main section. It's not a major issue but there is some potential driving envolved at Vistana as well. I like the fact that OLCC is big as I like the feeling of not being crowded. :cool:

My 2-bedroom unit is in one of the hirise units (7 floors I believe) in the East Village next to the pool. The pool is small but convenient to my unit. My 3-bedroom unit is on the ground floor (all 3-bedroom units in the North Village are at ground level) but it is some distance from the pools. The 3-bedroom units are the end units on each floor of the hirise in the East Village and the end units on the 6-plexes in the North Village. With the exception of the 3-bedroom units in the Tennis Villas in the West Village (and these are the same design used in the East/North Village), all the 3-bedroom units are in the East/North Village.

If you have stayed in the 2-bedroom unit in the East Village, the 3-Bedroom units are the same but with a third bedroom tacked on. I like the third bedroom that is tacked on more than the regular second bedroom in the 2-bedroom unit. As you have stayed in a 2-bedroom in the East Village, you should have a feel for the 3-bedroom unit.

A timeframe for you.

North Village - 1999/2000
East Village - 2002/
West Village Tennis Villas - 1997 (it might be 1995 but no older than that).

Last edited:

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tennis villas were OL's first foray into 3br units. They started occupancy in 1998.

I too love a mega resort, and all the stuff those resorts offer. And I also don't like being crowded. I guess you, Tony and I are kindred spirits with regards to those things.

Vodo

Reaction score
My answer, having stayed at both several times, would depend on what section the 2BR is in at Vistana. All of the 3BR units at OLCC are relatively new (Tennis Villas, North Village, East Village). That cannot be said of the 2BR's at Vistana. If I was guaranteed a 2BR in the Cascades section at Vistana (or maybe even the Lakes section), then I might choose it over OLCC if I didn't need the extra bedroom. If I had no such guarantee at Vistana, I would choose OLCC because I wouldn't want to risk an old, run down unit. I have that same issue with the 2BR units at OLCC, but the 3BR units are all good.

Cindy