• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official TUGBBS upgrade complaint/suggestion thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I think they mean, they want to see the name of the forum on the right on the New Posts page. Currently, it shows the name of the last poster and the forum name is under the thread title. It isn't real easy to see.
That is correct. I click on new posts, and previously I just looked at what forums had new posts. Now I have to look at all the posts and squint to see what forums they are in.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
That is correct. I click on new posts, and previously I just looked at what forums had new posts. Now I have to look at all the posts and squint to see what forums they are in.
yes, this is something im also still trying to work on formatting wise, its been mentioned a few times.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian,
I'm really having trouble navigating the website and find myself pulling back from my usual 5x per day views. Here are the things that I'm having trouble with. Firstly, on the right side of the page it says the day that the post went in but not the date. I like having the actual date. I know that today is the 28th and I like to see if something has been posted on the 20th or 25th. That kind of tells me how old it is, rather than saying "Friday". Maybe others feel differently but that's my two cents. As well, I have relied on going back to a thread that I have already read and know that I have read it (and follow it) by seeing the change from BOLD to light blue. If I got down the list and see a thread is light blue then I know that I am following that thread, have usually posted on it and like to see the responses. Must I put all those threads that I am following into a separate folder? Not sure what to do about this but I think the "old way" was very easy for me to follow.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian,
I'm really having trouble navigating the website and find myself pulling back from my usual 5x per day views. Here are the things that I'm having trouble with. Firstly, on the right side of the page it says the day that the post went in but not the date. I like having the actual date.

it should show the date after the thread is more than a week old...if its updated today itll say "today" and if its updated yesterday itll show "yesterday"

however beyond a week it should display as you mention, im not sure how to change that but i can look.

As well, I have relied on going back to a thread that I have already read and know that I have read it (and follow it) by seeing the change from BOLD to light blue. If I got down the list and see a thread is light blue then I know that I am following that thread, have usually posted on it and like to see the responses. Must I put all those threads that I am following into a separate folder? Not sure what to do about this but I think the "old way" was very easy for me to follow.

I believe this functionality is now replaced by the "watch thread" feature (note the link at the top of the forum)

if it is a thread you want to follow click the "watch this thread" or "watch this forum" link at top right hand corner.

thanks for the feedback, we are trying!

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
So do I click "watch thread" AFTER I open the thread? Not sure I get it. I tried it that way but it didn't work.

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, I think I've got it now. I didn't see it on the top right hand side of thread. I only saw it across the top of the page next to "watch forum". Thanks Brian.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Also, the Watched Threads tab will only by default show unread watched threads, but there is a link in the lower left for 'Show all watched threads'. Clicking that will show all your watched threads. Those in bold are unread. You can also set your preferences to watch any thread that you reply to. To make sure that is set, go in to preferences and make sure 'Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...' option is checked.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this forum software is far more user friendly than vbulletin...its just going to take a bit of working out all the new features and terminology!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
what are you trying to do specifically so i can give a better answer =)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
found the "watched thread". Now how to set preferences?
To access Preference, hover over your username in the upper right. A box will popup where you can then select Preference.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
been trying to tinker around with "toning down" the white background, but have not yet found the right color.

when switching towards a more muted grey...it just looks odd to me?>

This whole exercise makes me smile as I remember a past job where I built websites on the side. There's no way to please everyone and it takes users a while to adjust to change. So I understand and applaud the work you've been doing. Thanks.

Meanwhile, re. the gray--just to add to the pile--I think it may be a tad too gray now, perhaps a shade or two too dark. But I like the idea of shading the every-other post. Also, at least with this current gray, the light blue line separating posts could be darkened to stand out more.

ldodd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I see the Search box at the top of the screen to search the whole site, but how do I search individual forums?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I see the Search box at the top of the screen to search the whole site, but how do I search individual forums?

use the "search forums" at the top of the page within that navigation bar.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
udpated font/size for thread titles....should be an easier distinction between read and unread now.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
From the first day of change, my first impression was the new format is visually more appealing. I guess I havent needed to use any of the advanced functions that have caused others to be negative about the new site.

My reason for writing today... I forgot to log in and saw an ad that was of interest to me. I then observed the presentation of ads seems less obnoxious than it used to be.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there should be no ads on the site for anyone logged in (member or guest).

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brain, the very first time I used the new format there was an ad on the right side of the screen. I logged off and when I log back in and there was no ad. (information only).

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
do you mean shortly after the upgrade? or recently?

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, shortly after the upgrade. Now it is fine. No ADS are showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.