• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official "end my sales presentation early" TUG uniform (tshirts!) for sale!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Michael, how nice that you took that over. I see lots of colors for the shirts and a wide range of sizes available. I wish there were extended sizes for women, however. I would love to buy a woman's shirt that is big enough to be loose on me. The men's shirts are always tight in those womanly places. An XL men's shirt fits everywhere but the top of me. Not sure what size I should buy for the unisex shirts. Wow, love the colors!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad to see these are so popular, especially with the low low price Michael is able to produce them for!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
After being 'asked' to leave a Vidanta presentation for wearing my 'I paid more for this T-shirt' shirt, a simple pocket sized TUG oval might have to be included in the TS wardrobe.
Would you be willing to share your experience? I will be wearing this tshirt to Wyndham Riverside Suites in a month, and then to Wyndham's in Flagstaff, Sedona, Durango and Taos in September!!! I would like to be prepared for what they say/do...

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish there were extended sizes for women, however. I would love to buy a woman's shirt that is big enough to be loose on me. The men's shirts are always tight in those womanly places. An XL men's shirt fits everywhere but the top of me. Not sure what size I should buy for the unisex shirts. Wow, love the colors!
I wish there were, too, but I'm stuck with what Amazon makes available in this service.

I do offer larger women's sizes in the ones we print ourselves, but only in limited colors. We can't do these designs ourselves, though, because they have too many ink colors. Amazon uses a different technology, so it's no problem for them.

Women's Cut tees are a love/hate thing for us. When we offer both, most women seem to prefer the Unisex (same as Men's) tees, and we get fewer returns and size complaints about them. And then you have the issue of having to go up a size or two with most Women's Cuts. Nobody wants to do that. We stopped bringing Women's Cut tees to shows. Only Unisex.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to share your experience?
Not that much to it. I wore the 'I paid more for this shirt than I did for my timeshare' to a Vidanta (Mexican) presentation in order to get the promised cash and discount from the entire bill we would charge to the room. I was told that it was 'offensive' and that I could either change the shirt or the presentation was off. Along with the goodies. By then, of course, they knew where I stood and the presentation didn't take long. We got the perks and the sales staff steered a fairly wide course around me when I was out on the grounds. I DID wear the shirt again during the stay, just not in an 'official' meeting. It made a fine 'pool cover-up'. :)

I can't speak to how (or if) it will be dealt with at any of the places you say you'll be wearing it. Sounds like fun, though.

Jim

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you be willing to share your experience? I will be wearing this tshirt to Wyndham Riverside Suites in a month, and then to Wyndham's in Flagstaff, Sedona, Durango and Taos in September!!! I would like to be prepared for what they say/do...
Flag & Sedona will be easy. Very low pressure at the PP desks. One NO works. Both are run by same sales Management. No idea about the NM locations however.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Not that much to it. I wore the 'I paid more for this shirt than I did for my timeshare' to a Vidanta (Mexican) presentation in order to get the promised cash and discount from the entire bill we would charge to the room. I was told that it was 'offensive' and that I could either change the shirt or the presentation was off. Along with the goodies. By then, of course, they knew where I stood and the presentation didn't take long. We got the perks and the sales staff steered a fairly wide course around me when I was out on the grounds. I DID wear the shirt again during the stay, just not in an 'official' meeting. It made a fine 'pool cover-up'. :)

I can't speak to how (or if) it will be dealt with at any of the places you say you'll be wearing it. Sounds like fun, though.

Jim
What a great way to ensure a short, sweet Owner's Update! I love it!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

Jim
Thanks! I have 2 X 2 BR's and 2 X 1 BR's for a family getaway reserved (at least they still show up under My Vacations) for 3 nights the end of July at WRS on the San Antonio Riverwalk. I just ordered my third shirt, and will be wearing them. I will report back!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Flag & Sedona will be easy. Very low pressure at the PP desks. One NO works. Both are run by same sales Management. No idea about the NM locations however.
I will report in with a description of the reactions I get!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
T-shirts look great. Unfortunately they can't be shipped outside the USA, so not available to Canadian members. :(

I, too, would be interested in a pocket-sized logo style of shirt as well as the regular style, but suspect the shipping issue is still going to be a problem.

gsedlock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Vacation Club Points
I went to purchase the "Keep Calm and Buy Resale" t-shirt from Hip Together and my Google Chrome browser sent me a security warning that the web site is hot sure (doesn't use HTTPS?).

Anyone else have the same issue?

Greg

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to purchase the "Keep Calm and Buy Resale" t-shirt from Hip Together and my Google Chrome browser sent me a security warning that the web site is hot sure (doesn't use HTTPS?).

Greg

Sorry, the SSL certificate expired a few days ago and I haven't updated it yet. It's safe to order.

UPDATE: Renewed the SSL certificate but waiting for it to be reflected.

Last edited:

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
T-shirts look great. Unfortunately they can't be shipped outside the USA, so not available to Canadian members. :(

I, too, would be interested in a pocket-sized logo style of shirt as well as the regular style, but suspect the shipping issue is still going to be a problem.
Amazon says they plan on expanding the program outside of the US at some point in the future, but I don't have any details about a timeframe. If you do any travel in the US, you could have it sent to one of your destinations.

The Keep Calm design sold on HipTogether.com can be shipped to Canada. The shopping cart should show the actual shipping costs.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's come to my attention that the shirt has been removed from Amazon. I've contacted Amazon to get more details. Hopefully, we'll have this cleared up shortly.

I had also submitted four logo t-shirts to Amazon (both a pocket and chest print of both the island and oval TUG logos). Three are still under review and one is rejected, possibly for trademark issues. Amazon likes to know that copyrighted designs submitted to them are used with permission of the rights holders. I've sent them a link to this thread so that they can see that it is authorized.

Working on getting it back up ASAP. It's possible that the links will change.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three of the four logo shirts are now live, and it looks like the fourth one is approved and will be up shortly. You can find them all here:

Official TUG Shirts on Amazon

I'm still waiting to hear back from Amazon about the "I Paid More" shirt.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score

Greg

New SSL Certificate is now live, so you can check out securely!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Updated the original post with the link to all 4 options.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just waiting till I have a large enough order to get one with free shipping. We don't have Prime and don't buy a lot from Amazon.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's what I would love--a shirt with the "Keep Calm" on the *back* rather than emblazoned across the front. I have enough features on the front my own self. ;) Would that be possible? I love the message--and I also really like the pocket-logo shirts--and I keep thinking---put those two together!! :D

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's what I would love--a shirt with the "Keep Calm" on the *back* rather than emblazoned across the front. I have enough features on the front my own self. ;) Would that be possible? I love the message--and I also really like the pocket-logo shirts--and I keep thinking---put those two together!! :D
We print the Keep Calm shirts ourselves, and can easily put the print on the back instead of the front. If you order from our web site, put a note during checkout that you would like the print on the back instead of the print.

Amazon prints the logo shirts, so there's no real way for us to combine the two.