• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

*** Official 2023 Vistana Maintenance Fees Thread ***

emoneybug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - Saratoga Springs 365pts (resale)
Sheraton Broadway Plantation - 1 Bed EVEN - Unit 444 Plantation Phase 470sq ft
2023 OPERATING ASSESSMENT $247.74
2023 REPLACEMENT RESERVES $81.87
Total $329.61

(my 1st year of ownership, but I'm guessing $306.87 in 2022...so $22.74 increase or 7.41%)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
2023 WPORV EOY: $1695.95
4.82% increase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
2023 WKORV 2Bd LO Deluxe: $3785.45

BUT!!!
Adds a huge fee $307.29 Membership fee — for DC points?
and $10 for KOR foundation

YIKES!

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
The Westin Kā‘anapali Ocean Resort Villas North 2 bedroom

2023 MASTER ASSOCIATION ASSESSMENT $287.62
2023 APARTMENT OWNERS ASSESSMENT $680.82
2023 VACATION OWNERSHIP ASSESSMENT $2,076.45
2023 Total $3,044.89 (+$241.73, +8.62%)

To compare to 2022:
2022 MASTER ASSOCIATION ASSESSMENT $265.13
2022 APARTMENT OWNERS ASSESSMENT $611.80
2022 VACATION OWNERSHIP ASSESSMENT $1,926.23
2022 Total $2,803.16

No membership fee.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas 2 bedroom lockoff:

Maintenance Fee(s) $ 2,746.99

Tax - If Applicable $ 0.00

Membership Fee - If Applicable $ 0.00

Other* $ 0.00

Interest $ 0.00

Late Fees $ 0.00

KOR Foundation and Trust** $ 20.00

Sub-Total
Current Year Charges $ 2,766.99
Less Payments*** $ 0.00

Total Due $ 2,766.99

KOR Foundation and Trust
As a Maui property Owner, you may have an interest in supporting civic and charitable programs that benefit the community, including timeshare Owners. The One Ohana Foundation is an affiliated nonprofit Hawaii Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(4) corporation that promotes good community policies and programs. The One Ohana Charitable Trust is an affiliated Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) affiliated trust that promotes charitable programs and projects for the betterment of Maui citizens. A $20 donation is voluntary and will be distributed 34% to the Foundation (nondeductible) and 66% to the Trust (deductible, please contact your independent tax advisor). Please note, One Ohana Foundation and One Ohana Charitable Trust have changed their names to Ka'anapali Ocean Resort (KOR) Foundation and Ka'anapali Ocean Resort (KOR) Charitable Trust. If Ka'anapali Ocean Resort (KOR) Foundation & Trust appears on your statement and you do not wish to contribute, please reduce your overall annual payment by $20. Donors are not disclosed on public reports.
*** Payments include both owner and developer payments made.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
KOR Foundation and Trust
As a Maui property Owner, you may have an interest in supporting civic and charitable programs that benefit the community, including timeshare Owners. The One Ohana Foundation is an affiliated nonprofit Hawaii Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(4) corporation that promotes good community policies and programs. The One Ohana Charitable Trust is an affiliated Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3) affiliated trust that promotes charitable programs and projects for the betterment of Maui citizens. A $20 donation is voluntary and will be distributed 34% to the Foundation (nondeductible) and 66% to the Trust (deductible, please contact your independent tax advisor). Please note, One Ohana Foundation and One Ohana Charitable Trust have changed their names to Ka'anapali Ocean Resort (KOR) Foundation and Ka'anapali Ocean Resort (KOR) Charitable Trust. If Ka'anapali Ocean Resort (KOR) Foundation & Trust appears on your statement and you do not wish to contribute, please reduce your overall annual payment by $20. Donors are not disclosed on public reports.
*** Payments include both owner and developer payments made.

I am under the impression that the KOR Foundation and KOR Trust actually are a way of giving back to the local community (and giving our resorts some good PR as a good neighbor) and that the annual donation benefits the local Maui community. So I've typically viewed this positively and paid the $20, unlike the other donation to the timeshare industry group which Vistana always adds and which I don't pay.

Is my understanding correct?

jdm6208

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
Received my e-mail that MF were posted to my account, for some reason, cannot view or download the actual statement, but for our Premium 1BD EOY at WKORV (81,000 SO), the MF went from $1087.66 in 2022 to $1178.71 - around 8.3% increase, however the Membership fee went from $161.46 to $239.58 - a whopping 48% increase! I may be waiting to pay this until I see what we goe for this amount - as a deeded week owner, it is highly unlikely I'll be moving my SO into the Abound program.

Once I can access the actual statement, I'll enter the numbers into the database.

Eagle7304

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pardon if I'm ignorant, but what is Select Dues for WKOV??

023 MASTER ASSOCIATION ASSESSMENT $278.12
2023 APARTMENT OWNERS ASSESSMENT $578.17
2023 VACATION OWNERSHIP ASSESSMENT $1,890.70
2023 SELECT DUES $239.58
2023 KOR FOUNDATION & TRUST $20.00

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

2023 SELECT DUES $239.58
I think that "select" refers to your owner benefit level, and the dues is your new annual VSN/Abound membership fee. The VSN fee was about $160 but the new combined fee is higher (and the higher your owner benefit level, the higher the annual fee.)

If you own multiple VOIs, you should only be charged one membership fee though.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Received my e-mail that MF were posted to my account, for some reason, cannot view or download the actual statement, but for our Premium 1BD EOY at WKORV (81,000 SO), the MF went from $1087.66 in 2022 to $1178.71 - around 8.3% increase, however the Membership fee went from $161.46 to $239.58 - a whopping 48% increase! I may be waiting to pay this until I see what we goe for this amount - as a deeded week owner, it is highly unlikely I'll be moving my SO into the Abound program.

Once I can access the actual statement, I'll enter the numbers into the database.
The new, higher Abound annual membership dues apply whether or not you elect to use Abound. However, a bunch of ancillary Visana fees (housekeeping, banking, etc.) have been eliminated. So for some people it may be a wash, for many of us who rarely or never incurred those additional fees, the new membership fee results in paying more money than we previously paid.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The new, higher Abound annual membership dues apply whether or not you elect to use Abound. However, a bunch of ancillary Visana fees (housekeeping, banking, etc.) have been eliminated. So for some people it may be a wash, for many of us who rarely or never incurred those additional fees, the new membership fee results in paying more money than we previously paid.

My Membership fee is listed as $307 (!!!) that is quite an increase. I am forced to pay this when I don’t plan to use Abound?
And mine is higher because I have resale Mandatory VOIs that brings me to a high MVC level?

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I checked the website and my WKV EOY has it's normal fee of $150; however I haven't received the official bill.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I checked the website and my WKV EOY has it's normal fee of $150; however I haven't received the official bill.

Is this your only VOI?

WKV 2023 MFs have not been issued yet.

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Membership fee is listed as $307 (!!!) that is quite an increase. I am forced to pay this when I don’t plan to use Abound?
And mine is higher because I have resale Mandatory VOIs that brings me to a high MVC level?

it says you can opt out of Abound and stick with VSN fees, which would be $170.50 (single-week owners) or $236.50 (multi-week owners), but you would get charged for any additional transaction fees (i.e. banking, additional housekeeping, cancellation if applicable, etc). if you opt out, and change your mind later and rejoin Abound, you will be charged a $595 enrollment fee

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am under the impression that the KOR Foundation and KOR Trust actually are a way of giving back to the local community (and giving our resorts some good PR as a good neighbor) and that the annual donation benefits the local Maui community. So I've typically viewed this positively and paid the $20, unlike the other donation to the timeshare industry group which Vistana always adds and which I don't pay.

Is my understanding correct?
Probably correct. I am not complaining about the fee, just wanted to add the explanation of it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
it says you can opt out of Abound and stick with VSN fees, which would be $170.50 (single-week owners) or $236.50 (multi-week owners), but you would get charged for any additional transaction fees (i.e. banking, additional housekeeping, cancellation if applicable, etc). if you opt out, and change your mind later and rejoin Abound, you will be charged a $595 enrollment fee
I would also assume any elite ownership level gained from Abound would also be lose if you opt out.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
I would also assume any elite ownership level gained from Abound would also be lose if you opt out.
Maybe not because the Marriott recognition levels are being applied to the VSN independent of Abound participation. They are just using the Abound value for every ownership for determining your level within the VSN, even if you opt out of Abound. I'm thinking they will still count Marriott ownership if you are a dual owner and opt out of Abound since I don't remember anything in the FAQ saying that those things are tied together but who knows how it'll sort out in the end. We certainly don't have all the facts!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Is this your only VOI?

WKV 2023 MFs have not been issued yet.

Yes. I did read on the other thread billing, etc.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

2023 SELECT DUES $239.58
Why does my statement not look like your statement? Mine has no breakdown.

I think Vistana needs to breakdown the statements a little more than mine was.

I also need a statement for my second week, which is the identical thing, just a different week/ unit #. I can only see one of my WKOV statements.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
WLR 1BR Gold season $1,120.67 (2023) up from $1,039.11 (2022) so an increase of $81.56 or 7.8%.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
2023 WKV 1Bd Premium (Large 81K, SOs): $1,153.32 (8.8% increase !!) over 2022 of $1059.57

Includes property tax ($39) included in MFs. This shouldn’t impact percent increase differences between villa sizes/seasons.

iirc, this is possibly the largest %increase ever for WKV

Last edited:

timsi

TUG Member
Reaction score
By my calculation a gallon of milk has gone up 50% in under 2 years but I don't think that's Marriott's doing! :D
Of course the price of milk is not Marriott's doing or it would be up 100%! :p

The reality is that as long as the defaults are not through the roof, Marriott seems to be happy to take 10% of any additional dollar spent. The MF at Lagunamar went up significantly even before Covid right after Marriott took over.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
27% in 4 years under Marriott management!
I usually figure on costs rising about 5% annually in my business, and this year we've seen big inflation that we haven't seen in a a long time. I'd expect almost 22% increases over 4 years even without extraordinary inflation (that's 5% annually compounded over four years) so a total of 27% when you include this year's extraordinary inflation seems about right, maybe even a little better than I'd expect. MVC is particularly impacted by wage costs, and those have gone up very significantly – much more than the rate of inflation – for the sorts of jobs which form the bulk of MVC's employment at our resorts.

Marriott is not always the bogeyman.