• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OFFICIAL *2022* Vistana Maintenance Fees Thread

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I just noticed the Flex billing amounts are out for my Westin EOY

Fee is 732.40 for 67,100 EOY option. About $0.010915/point.

Fee prior year was $705.56

3.8% increase.

This does not include any VSN fees.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just noticed the Flex billing amounts are out for my Westin EOY

Fee is 732.40 for 67,100 EOY option. About $0.010915/point.

Fee prior year was $705.56

3.8% increase.

This does not include any VSN fees.
Well, 3.8% seems to bode well for weeks as long as weeks MFs are in line with that. You would think that since weeks make up the underlying inventory of Flex, that any major increase in weeks MF would carry over to Flex MF.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Well, 3.8% seems to bode well for weeks as long as weeks MFs are in line with that. You would think that since weeks make up the underlying inventory of Flex, that any major increase in weeks MF would carry over to Flex MF.
Each property has its own issues with revenues and expenses, so it's possible that some properties see larger increases and others smaller, but I agree that this seems to bode well for weeks MFs. I assume that they take all of the VOIs in Flex (which are weeks), add up all the MFs for those weeks, and then divide by the number of SOs which those weeks represent. So the biggest influence on Flex MFs is going to come from the properties where the Flex trust holds the most deeds.

One word of warning: I am assuming that the 2023 Flex numbers are based on the 2022 weeks MFs. In other words, the 3.8% increase is a result of the MFs that were due in January of this year. But perhaps I'm wrong about that, perhaps they are based on the 2023 MFs. I'd have thought those might not be available yet. Does anyone know?

To try to be more clear, if you think the reasonable increase in Flex MFs means the 2023 Weeks MF increase will be similar, you might be wrong. The Flex MFs billed in August may be computed based on the Weeks MFs which are billed near the end of the year – last year. They do call them 2023 MFs, so maybe it's safe to presume that they already know what the 2023 Weeks MFs will be.

Last edited:

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Can anyone who owns Westin Flex Every Other Year tell me if there is an "EOY premium" charged on maintenance fees? I recognize that VSN fees are every year but I'm just focused on MF at the moment. Thanks!
@DanV Just confirmed that, at least for the 2022 Westin Flex MFs which just came out, there is NO "EOY Premium." The billed amount for EOY is exactly half the amount billed for EY.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
(This 2022 thread is down with the regular posts now, because I just "unstuck" it. The new 2023 MF thread is now posted at the top of the forum.)

Last edited:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
(This 2022 thread is down with the regular posts now, because I just "unstuck" it. The new 2023 MF thread is now posted at the top of the forum.)
Thanks for making the new thread 2023 look so pretty Denise!

DanV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV - Kierland
WF - Flex
@DanV Just confirmed that, at least for the 2022 Westin Flex MFs which just came out, there is NO "EOY Premium." The billed amount for EOY is exactly half the amount billed for EY.

Thanks so much @daviator! Interesting - the last owner update I attended they implied that there was a premium on the EOY arrangements. While it is true we pay annually for VSN fees, etc., it's reassuring to know there is no premium. Thanks!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks so much @daviator! Interesting - the last owner update I attended they implied that there was a premium on the EOY arrangements. While it is true we pay annually for VSN fees, etc., it's reassuring to know there is no premium. Thanks!
You pay a premium on your purchase price for an EOY in Flex. I think it worked out to around 10% of the cost of an EY contract. But there has been no premium for the MF. I personally wanted a larger package every second year rather than a smaller one to use every year.

DanV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV - Kierland
WF - Flex
@jabberwocky - smart strategy. And with the ability to bank, there is an ability to smooth your usage if you want.

albertlin11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali
Hi all, I am a new owner at Westin Ka'anapali. I bought the Flex (every other year). With every other year ownership, is the maintenance and club membership fee paid every year or every other year? Thank you!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi all, I am a new owner at Westin Ka'anapali. I bought the Flex (every other year). With every other year ownership, is the maintenance and club membership fee paid every year or every other year? Thank you!
Technically you aren't an owner at Westin Ka'anapali. It sounds like you own Westin Flex. Anyway, you will pay 50% of the annual maintenance fee every year. Owning Westin Flex means there won't be a VSN fee, so you won't have to pay the Club Dues fee every year as well.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Technically you aren't an owner at Westin Ka'anapali. It sounds like you own Westin Flex. Anyway, you will pay 50% of the annual maintenance fee every year. Owning Westin Flex means there won't be a VSN fee, so you won't have to pay the Club Dues fee every year as well.
Er... depends on whether he bought it directly from MVC/Vistana or not.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Hope this was resale. Otherwise rescind if within 7 days.
EOY pays half MF every year.
Club membership depends whether bought from bought from MVC (therefore full Abound fee EY) or resale (no fee and can only use at Westin Flex resorts, or II).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albertlin11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali
I bought directly with Vistana, it is the Westin Flex program. I was assessed MF was of about $1,600 and I have 148,000 points. If I have to pay every year, then it's $3,200 for 148,000 points, since I only get the points EYO. This is the confusing part for me. It is a 2 bedroom unit. I guess my thinking is for 7 nights, if it is $1,600, then it's $228/night, maybe reasonable for "maintenance." However, if it's $3,200, then it's $457/night for "maintenance," seems unreasonable. For $500/night, I can just book a regular hotel room. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thank you!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I bought directly with Vistana, it is the Westin Flex program. I was assessed MF was of about $1,600 and I have 148,000 points. If I have to pay every year, then it's $3,200 for 148,000 points, since I only get the points EYO. This is the confusing part for me. It is a 2 bedroom unit. I guess my thinking is for 7 nights, if it is $1,600, then it's $228/night, maybe reasonable for "maintenance." However, if it's $3,200, then it's $457/night for "maintenance," seems unreasonable. For $500/night, I can just book a regular hotel room. Your thoughts are appreciated. Thank you!
Your numbers are pretty close. The Vistana 2022 Maintenance Fee thread shows the fee to be $0.02183 per HomeOptions. That puts the annual fees for 148,100 HomeOptions to be $3,233. Yours is half, but you only get points every other year. So it works out the same. 148,100 HomeOptions is enough points to book a 2BR Resort View any time of the year. The difference here is that you get a 2BR where $500 for a hotel room isn't necessarily the same. If you are still within your recission period, you should definitely rescind. When did you sign?

albertlin11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali
Your numbers are pretty close. The Vistana 2022 Maintenance Fee thread shows the fee to be $0.02183 per HomeOptions. That puts the annual fees for 148,100 HomeOptions to be $3,233. Yours is half, but you only get points every other year. So it works out the same. 148,100 HomeOptions is enough points to book a 2BR Resort View any time of the year. The difference here is that you get a 2BR where $500 for a hotel room isn't necessarily the same. If you are still within your recission period, you should definitely rescind. When did you sign?
Hi Dioxide, thank you so much for your analysis! You should work for Vistana! I feel I get more info from you than their reps. Well, it's too late to rescind. I do like my home resort, but it turns out to be more expensive than I expected (for "maintenance"). But I think I will try to enjoy it for a while then maybe sell it later, or share it with my family and friends who have kids. Thanks again for your reply!!