• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Offer to get AC if I deposit by early November

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I received a post card that said that if I deposit a unit by some date in early November that I'll get an AC. I am planning on reserving a Thanksgiving week at the 13 month point, so this might work for me.

I'm wondering if this is just another "plain-Jane" AC or whether this might be one where it has a bit more "pulling" power.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm having a similar dilemma (I just posted about this on a separate thread). I know with one offer that I received it said that I could do a deposit OR set up an ongoing exchange. Personally, if it offered an AC to set up an ongoing exchange in your offer then I would set one up. You can always set it up, receive the AC, determine if it's any good. If the ongoing request hits then great, but if not, you'll get refunded your exchange fee.

The AC that I received for a similar offer (it was a "daily deal" about a month ago) had decent power (didn't pull the best resorts). However, I could set up an ongoing search with it, which meant that I was able to pull a Thanksgiving week in Breckenridge. I was surprised at how quickly it hit -- it only took a day or two. After I got it, I thought maybe I should have been a bit more restrictive in my search (like go for the 2 bedroom instead of the 1 bedroom...it's a great resort so I am excited regardless).

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The ACs typically given out for deposit are good for a year and have an OGS feature which can be nice. They are tied to a grid and are for mostly shoulder or off season options.

I wouldn't purposely deposit a week for one - but if you are going to deposit it anyway, then why not. You have nothing to lose.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll bet on "just another 'plain-Jane' AC."

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I deposited my QH unit this year to get the AC. It is very restrictive. To see the restrictions you click on the accommodation certificate number.

If you are interested, here are the restrictions on my certificate: (LOL)
All confirmations are made on a space available basis and no guarantee is made that any specific request can be confirmed. The redemption of the Accommodation Certificate is subject to certain terms and conditions. A redemption fee will be required.

This Certificate cannot be combined nor used in conjunction with any other certificate or fee waiver certificate.

All other terms and conditions of individual membership, exchange and flex change must be adhered to.

This certificate must be completed prior to the expiration date MAY 14, 2020.

This certificate may not be used to travel to your Home Resort.

Certificate may not be used for the following AREAS.Mexico, Puerto Vallarta From:01JUL To:08AUG,Mexico, Puerto Vallarta From:18DEC To:31DEC,Mexico, Acapulco From:18DEC To:31DEC,Spain, Balearic Islands From:25DEC To:31DEC,Spain, Canaries, Tenerife From:01MAY To:30JUN,Spain, Canaries, Tenerife From:18DEC To:31DEC,Austria, Alps From:18DEC To:31DEC,Israel, Central and Northern From:18DEC To:31DEC,Norway From:25DEC To:31DEC,England, London,Vermont From:18DEC To:31DEC,New Hampshire, Central From:18DEC To:31DEC,Massachusetts, Berkshires From:25DEC To:31DEC,New Hampshire, Lakes Winnipesaukee & Win From:25DEC To:31DEC,Maine, Western From:18DEC To:31DEC,Rhode Island, Newport & Block Island From:18DEC To:31DEC,Massachusetts, Boston,Ontario, Muskoka From:25DEC To:31DEC,Ontario, Calabogie From:18DEC To:31DEC,Ontario, Shanty Bay,South Carolina, Murrells Inlet Area From:25DEC To:31DEC,South Carolina, Myrtle Beach Area From:25DEC To:31DEC,South Carolina, Hilton Head From:25DEC To:31DEC,North Carolina, Atlantic Beach From:18DEC To:31DEC,Virginia, Shenandoah From:25DEC To:31DEC,Virginia, Williamsburg From:01JUL To:28AUG,Tennessee, Gatlinburg From:18DEC To:31DEC,Louisiana, New Orleans From:18DEC To:31DEC,Florida, Daytona Beach Area From:25DEC To:31DEC,Florida, Vero/Treasure Coast,Florida, The Palm Beaches,Florida, Miami,Florida, Miami Beach,Florida, Fort Lauderdale Coast,Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Western,Florida, Orlando From:01JAN To:31AUG,Florida, Orlando From:01OCT To:31OCT,Florida, Orlando From:18DEC To:31DEC,Florida, Central,Florida, Upper Keys,Florida, Lower Keys,Florida, Key West,Florida, Naples & Marco Island,Florida, Punta Gorda,Florida, Fort Myers,Florida, Sarasota Area & Englewood,Florida, Tampa Bay,Florida, Panhandle From:25DEC To:31DEC,Arizona, Phoenix Area From:01OCT To:31DEC,Arizona, Sedona From:18DEC To:31DEC,Arizona, Rim Country From:18DEC To:31DEC,Indiana From:25DEC To:31DEC,Wisconsin, Northern From:18DEC To:31DEC,Wisconsin, Door County From:18DEC To:31DEC,Colorado, Breckenridge From:25JUN To:31DEC,Colorado, Aspen,Utah, Park City and Snowbird From:01MAY To:30JUN,Utah, Park City and Snowbird From:18DEC To:31DEC,Montana, Fairmont From:18DEC To:31DEC,Nevada, Las Vegas From:25DEC To:31DEC,California and Nevada, Lake Tahoe From:18DEC To:31DEC,California and Nevada, Lake Tahoe From:22JAN To:31JAN,Nevada, Mesquite From:25DEC To:31DEC,California, Southern Coast,California, Anaheim,California, Palm Springs & Palm Desert From:18DEC To:31DEC,California, San Diego Area,California, Clear Lake,California, Northern National Forests,California, San Francisco,California, Napa Valley,California, Monterey Area,British Columbia, Eastern From:01JAN To:13NOV,Israel, Eilat From:25DEC To:31DEC,Lebanon, Beirut From:18DEC To:31DEC,Hawaii, Oahu,Hawaii, Maui,Hawaii, Kauai,Hawaii, Molokai,Hawaii, Big Island,Thailand, Bangkok,Thailand, Phuket,New Zealand, Turangi From:18DEC To:31DEC,Mexico, Nuevo Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit From:18DEC To:31DEC,Bahamas, Freeport From:25DEC To:31DEC,Bahamas, Eleuthera,U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John,St. Kitts and Nevis,Guatemala From:18DEC To:31DEC,Venezuela, Central Coast From:25DEC To:31DEC,Ecuador From:18DEC To:31DEC,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Mia Reef Isla Mujeres,Atlantic Terrace,Atrium Resort,NYX Hotel Cancun,Bluebeard's Castle - Pirate's Pension,Bluebeard's Castle Resort-Villas I,Bluebeard's Castle Resort-Hilltop Villas,Bluebeard's Castle Resort-Villas III,Limetree Beach Resort by Club Wyndham,Beach Quarters Resort,Daytona Beach Regency,Daytona Beach Regency,The Berkley, Las Vegas,The Carriage House,The Carriage House,VIL - The Carriage House,CasaBlanca Vacation Club From:01SEP To:31DEC,Cancun Clipper Club,The Royal Cancun From:01JAN To:31DEC,Mia Hotel Cancun,Club de Soleil,W.I.V.C. - Conchas Chinas,W.I.V.C. - Coral Mar From:01JAN To:31DEC,Coconut Palms Beach Resort I,Cristalmar Resort and Beach Club,Desert Paradise Resort,SVC @ Desert Rose Resort From:01JAN To:22NOV,SVC @ Desert Rose Resort From:18DEC To:31DEC,Falcon Point,Franz Klammer Lodge,Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara,Grand Oasis Cancun Resort & Spa,Grand Oasis Palm Resort & Spa,Georgian Inn Beach Club,Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos,Panama Jack Gran Caribe,Grand Oasis Sens,Grand Lodge on Peak 7,Grand Colorado on Peak 8,Grand Timber Lodge,Hyatt Mountain Lodge,Hyatt Coconut Plantation,Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa From:01JAN To:31DEC,Hyatt Grand Aspen,Highlands Inn,Hyatt Main Street Station,Northstar Lodge, Hyatt Residence Club,Marriott's Harbour Point at Shelter Cove,Hyatt Pinon Pointe,Harborside at Atlantis,Residences at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek,Hyatt High Sierra Lodge,Hyatt High Sierra Lodge,Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort,Hyatt Windward Pointe,Harbour Town Yacht Club,Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City,Hyatt Pinon Pointe,Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch,Hyatt Beach House Resort,Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch,Embarc Palm Desert,London Bridge Resort,Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas From:01JAN To:31DEC,Laguna Suites Golf and Spa,Lindo Mar Adventure Club,Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club,The Masters Villas at Paradise Canyon,Marriott's Barony Beach Club,Streamside at Vail- Cedar,Marriott's Cypress Harbour,Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge,Marriott's Grand Chateau,Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Douglas,Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I,Marriott's Club Son Antem From:01APR To:29NOV,Marriott's Club Son Antem From:24DEC To:31DEC,Streamside at Vail- Aspen,Marriott's Streamside at Vail -Evergreen From:01JAN To:31DEC,Marriott's Frenchman's Cove,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse D.C.,Marriott's Fairway Villas,Marriott's Grand Residence,Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Chateau,Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve,Marriott's Grande Ocean Resort,Marriott Vacation Club, Surfers Paradise,Marriott's Grande Vista Resort,Marriott's Grande Vista Resort,Marriott Grand Residence Club Lake Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Residence, Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Residence, Tahoe,Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge,Marriott's Heritage Club,Marriott's Harbour Club at Harbour Town,Marriott's Harbour Lake,Marriott's Imperial Palms Villas,Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point,Cancun Resort Las Vegas,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort From:10FEB To:29NOV,Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony,Marriott's Timber Lodge,Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse NYC,Marriott's MountainSide From:01JAN To:31MAR,Marriott's MountainSide From:30SEP To:31DEC,Marriott's OceanWatch Villas@Grand Dunes,Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II,Palm Canyon Resort From:01JAN To:31DEC,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse Miami,Marriott's Shadow Ridge Villages,Marriott's Royal Palms Resort,Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves,Spicebush Resort,Marriott's Manor Club Sequel,Marriott's SurfWatch,Marriott's Sunset Pointe @ Shelter Cove,Marriott's Sabal Palms Resort From:01JAN To:19AUG,Marriott's Sabal Palms Resort From:30SEP To:31DEC,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse San Diego,Swallowtail at Sea Pines,Marriott's Aruba Surf Club,Marriott's Summit Watch From:01JAN To:31MAR,Marriott's Summit Watch From:30SEP To:31DEC,Marriott's Playa Andaluza From:01APR To:29NOV,Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Birch,Marriott's Village d'Ile de France From:01JAN To:31DEC,Marriott's MtnValley Lodge @Breckenridge,Hotel Breckenridge,Marriott's Harbour Lake,Old Bahama Bay Resort and Yacht Harbour,Ocean Beach Club,Ocean Spa Hotel,Oceanaire at Ocean Beach Club,Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas,Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club,The Suites at Polo Towers,The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort&Marina From:01NOV To:31DEC,Poste Montane Lodge From:01JAN To:31DEC,Park Plaza at Beaver Creek From:01JAN To:31DEC,The Cove on Ormond Beach - Phase II,Palace View Heights,Palace View by Spinnaker,Palace View South,The Royal Caribbean,The Royal Mayan,The Royal Islander From:01JAN To:31DEC,The Royal Sands,The Royal Sands,TRS Coral Hotel,Sandstone Creek Club,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,Scottsdale Links Resort From:05AUG To:31DEC,Simpson Bay Resort and Marina From:01NOV To:31DEC,St. James Place From:01JAN To:31DEC,Stormy Point Village-Summerwinds Resort,Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas,Sheraton Broadway Plantation From:31JAN To:22NOV,Tahiti Resort,The Jockey Club,Trophy Run Resort,Boardwalk Resort and Villas,Turtle Cay Resort,Tahiti Village,Hyatt Zilara Cancun,VIL - Vallarta Torre,Villas of Cave Creek,Villa del Palmar-Cabo San Lucas From:01JAN To:31DEC,Villa del Palmar,Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort&Spa,The Village at the St. James's Club From:01JAN To:31DEC,Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort&Spa,Sheraton Vistana Resort,The Villas at Polo Towers,Sheraton Mountain Vista,Sheraton Mountain Vista,The Westin Cancun Resort & Spa, Cancun,Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert,Westgate Flamingo Bay Resort From:01JAN To:22NOV,Westgate Flamingo Bay Resort From:18DEC To:31DEC,WorldMark Las Vegas,Sirena del Mar by Welk Resorts From:01JAN To:31DEC,Westin Kierland Villas,Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort,WorldMark Las Vegas on Spencer Street,The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa From:01JAN To:31DEC,The Westin Mission Hills Resort Villas,LodgesatTimberRidge-Welk Resorts Branson,Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas From:01JAN To:31DEC,WorldMark Rancho Vistoso From:01DEC To:31DEC,Willowbrook at Lake Harmony,This certificate has no cash value.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Sadly, the freebie AC’s we are given have better trading value then the one they give you for depositing.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I deposited my QH unit this year to get the AC. It is very restrictive. To see the restrictions you click on the accommodation certificate number.

If you are interested, here are the restrictions on my certificate: (LOL)
All confirmations are made on a space available basis and no guarantee is made that any specific request can be confirmed. The redemption of the Accommodation Certificate is subject to certain terms and conditions. A redemption fee will be required.

This Certificate cannot be combined nor used in conjunction with any other certificate or fee waiver certificate.

All other terms and conditions of individual membership, exchange and flex change must be adhered to.

This certificate must be completed prior to the expiration date MAY 14, 2020.

This certificate may not be used to travel to your Home Resort.

Certificate may not be used for the following AREAS.Mexico, Puerto Vallarta From:01JUL To:08AUG,Mexico, Puerto Vallarta From:18DEC To:31DEC,Mexico, Acapulco From:18DEC To:31DEC,Spain, Balearic Islands From:25DEC To:31DEC,Spain, Canaries, Tenerife From:01MAY To:30JUN,Spain, Canaries, Tenerife From:18DEC To:31DEC,Austria, Alps From:18DEC To:31DEC,Israel, Central and Northern From:18DEC To:31DEC,Norway From:25DEC To:31DEC,England, London,Vermont From:18DEC To:31DEC,New Hampshire, Central From:18DEC To:31DEC,Massachusetts, Berkshires From:25DEC To:31DEC,New Hampshire, Lakes Winnipesaukee & Win From:25DEC To:31DEC,Maine, Western From:18DEC To:31DEC,Rhode Island, Newport & Block Island From:18DEC To:31DEC,Massachusetts, Boston,Ontario, Muskoka From:25DEC To:31DEC,Ontario, Calabogie From:18DEC To:31DEC,Ontario, Shanty Bay,South Carolina, Murrells Inlet Area From:25DEC To:31DEC,South Carolina, Myrtle Beach Area From:25DEC To:31DEC,South Carolina, Hilton Head From:25DEC To:31DEC,North Carolina, Atlantic Beach From:18DEC To:31DEC,Virginia, Shenandoah From:25DEC To:31DEC,Virginia, Williamsburg From:01JUL To:28AUG,Tennessee, Gatlinburg From:18DEC To:31DEC,Louisiana, New Orleans From:18DEC To:31DEC,Florida, Daytona Beach Area From:25DEC To:31DEC,Florida, Vero/Treasure Coast,Florida, The Palm Beaches,Florida, Miami,Florida, Miami Beach,Florida, Fort Lauderdale Coast,Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Western,Florida, Orlando From:01JAN To:31AUG,Florida, Orlando From:01OCT To:31OCT,Florida, Orlando From:18DEC To:31DEC,Florida, Central,Florida, Upper Keys,Florida, Lower Keys,Florida, Key West,Florida, Naples & Marco Island,Florida, Punta Gorda,Florida, Fort Myers,Florida, Sarasota Area & Englewood,Florida, Tampa Bay,Florida, Panhandle From:25DEC To:31DEC,Arizona, Phoenix Area From:01OCT To:31DEC,Arizona, Sedona From:18DEC To:31DEC,Arizona, Rim Country From:18DEC To:31DEC,Indiana From:25DEC To:31DEC,Wisconsin, Northern From:18DEC To:31DEC,Wisconsin, Door County From:18DEC To:31DEC,Colorado, Breckenridge From:25JUN To:31DEC,Colorado, Aspen,Utah, Park City and Snowbird From:01MAY To:30JUN,Utah, Park City and Snowbird From:18DEC To:31DEC,Montana, Fairmont From:18DEC To:31DEC,Nevada, Las Vegas From:25DEC To:31DEC,California and Nevada, Lake Tahoe From:18DEC To:31DEC,California and Nevada, Lake Tahoe From:22JAN To:31JAN,Nevada, Mesquite From:25DEC To:31DEC,California, Southern Coast,California, Anaheim,California, Palm Springs & Palm Desert From:18DEC To:31DEC,California, San Diego Area,California, Clear Lake,California, Northern National Forests,California, San Francisco,California, Napa Valley,California, Monterey Area,British Columbia, Eastern From:01JAN To:13NOV,Israel, Eilat From:25DEC To:31DEC,Lebanon, Beirut From:18DEC To:31DEC,Hawaii, Oahu,Hawaii, Maui,Hawaii, Kauai,Hawaii, Molokai,Hawaii, Big Island,Thailand, Bangkok,Thailand, Phuket,New Zealand, Turangi From:18DEC To:31DEC,Mexico, Nuevo Vallarta & Riviera Nayarit From:18DEC To:31DEC,Bahamas, Freeport From:25DEC To:31DEC,Bahamas, Eleuthera,U.S. Virgin Islands, St. John,St. Kitts and Nevis,Guatemala From:18DEC To:31DEC,Venezuela, Central Coast From:25DEC To:31DEC,Ecuador From:18DEC To:31DEC,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Mia Reef Isla Mujeres,Atlantic Terrace,Atrium Resort,NYX Hotel Cancun,Bluebeard's Castle - Pirate's Pension,Bluebeard's Castle Resort-Villas I,Bluebeard's Castle Resort-Hilltop Villas,Bluebeard's Castle Resort-Villas III,Limetree Beach Resort by Club Wyndham,Beach Quarters Resort,Daytona Beach Regency,Daytona Beach Regency,The Berkley, Las Vegas,The Carriage House,The Carriage House,VIL - The Carriage House,CasaBlanca Vacation Club From:01SEP To:31DEC,Cancun Clipper Club,The Royal Cancun From:01JAN To:31DEC,Mia Hotel Cancun,Club de Soleil,W.I.V.C. - Conchas Chinas,W.I.V.C. - Coral Mar From:01JAN To:31DEC,Coconut Palms Beach Resort I,Cristalmar Resort and Beach Club,Desert Paradise Resort,SVC @ Desert Rose Resort From:01JAN To:22NOV,SVC @ Desert Rose Resort From:18DEC To:31DEC,Falcon Point,Franz Klammer Lodge,Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara,Grand Oasis Cancun Resort & Spa,Grand Oasis Palm Resort & Spa,Georgian Inn Beach Club,Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos,Panama Jack Gran Caribe,Grand Oasis Sens,Grand Lodge on Peak 7,Grand Colorado on Peak 8,Grand Timber Lodge,Hyatt Mountain Lodge,Hyatt Coconut Plantation,Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa From:01JAN To:31DEC,Hyatt Grand Aspen,Highlands Inn,Hyatt Main Street Station,Northstar Lodge, Hyatt Residence Club,Marriott's Harbour Point at Shelter Cove,Hyatt Pinon Pointe,Harborside at Atlantis,Residences at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek,Hyatt High Sierra Lodge,Hyatt High Sierra Lodge,Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort,Hyatt Windward Pointe,Harbour Town Yacht Club,Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City,Hyatt Pinon Pointe,Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch,Hyatt Beach House Resort,Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch,Embarc Palm Desert,London Bridge Resort,Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas From:01JAN To:31DEC,Laguna Suites Golf and Spa,Lindo Mar Adventure Club,Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club,The Masters Villas at Paradise Canyon,Marriott's Barony Beach Club,Streamside at Vail- Cedar,Marriott's Cypress Harbour,Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge,Marriott's Grand Chateau,Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Douglas,Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I,Marriott's Club Son Antem From:01APR To:29NOV,Marriott's Club Son Antem From:24DEC To:31DEC,Streamside at Vail- Aspen,Marriott's Streamside at Vail -Evergreen From:01JAN To:31DEC,Marriott's Frenchman's Cove,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse D.C.,Marriott's Fairway Villas,Marriott's Grand Residence,Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Chateau,Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve,Marriott's Grande Ocean Resort,Marriott Vacation Club, Surfers Paradise,Marriott's Grande Vista Resort,Marriott's Grande Vista Resort,Marriott Grand Residence Club Lake Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Residence, Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Residence, Tahoe,Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge,Marriott's Heritage Club,Marriott's Harbour Club at Harbour Town,Marriott's Harbour Lake,Marriott's Imperial Palms Villas,Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point,Cancun Resort Las Vegas,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Marriott's Marbella Beach Resort From:10FEB To:29NOV,Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony,Marriott's Timber Lodge,Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse NYC,Marriott's MountainSide From:01JAN To:31MAR,Marriott's MountainSide From:30SEP To:31DEC,Marriott's OceanWatch Villas@Grand Dunes,Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II,Palm Canyon Resort From:01JAN To:31DEC,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse Miami,Marriott's Shadow Ridge Villages,Marriott's Royal Palms Resort,Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves,Spicebush Resort,Marriott's Manor Club Sequel,Marriott's SurfWatch,Marriott's Sunset Pointe @ Shelter Cove,Marriott's Sabal Palms Resort From:01JAN To:19AUG,Marriott's Sabal Palms Resort From:30SEP To:31DEC,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse San Diego,Swallowtail at Sea Pines,Marriott's Aruba Surf Club,Marriott's Summit Watch From:01JAN To:31MAR,Marriott's Summit Watch From:30SEP To:31DEC,Marriott's Playa Andaluza From:01APR To:29NOV,Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Birch,Marriott's Village d'Ile de France From:01JAN To:31DEC,Marriott's MtnValley Lodge @Breckenridge,Hotel Breckenridge,Marriott's Harbour Lake,Old Bahama Bay Resort and Yacht Harbour,Ocean Beach Club,Ocean Spa Hotel,Oceanaire at Ocean Beach Club,Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas,Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club,The Suites at Polo Towers,The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort&Marina From:01NOV To:31DEC,Poste Montane Lodge From:01JAN To:31DEC,Park Plaza at Beaver Creek From:01JAN To:31DEC,The Cove on Ormond Beach - Phase II,Palace View Heights,Palace View by Spinnaker,Palace View South,The Royal Caribbean,The Royal Mayan,The Royal Islander From:01JAN To:31DEC,The Royal Sands,The Royal Sands,TRS Coral Hotel,Sandstone Creek Club,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,Scottsdale Links Resort From:05AUG To:31DEC,Simpson Bay Resort and Marina From:01NOV To:31DEC,St. James Place From:01JAN To:31DEC,Stormy Point Village-Summerwinds Resort,Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas,Sheraton Broadway Plantation From:31JAN To:22NOV,Tahiti Resort,The Jockey Club,Trophy Run Resort,Boardwalk Resort and Villas,Turtle Cay Resort,Tahiti Village,Hyatt Zilara Cancun,VIL - Vallarta Torre,Villas of Cave Creek,Villa del Palmar-Cabo San Lucas From:01JAN To:31DEC,Villa del Palmar,Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort&Spa,The Village at the St. James's Club From:01JAN To:31DEC,Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort&Spa,Sheraton Vistana Resort,The Villas at Polo Towers,Sheraton Mountain Vista,Sheraton Mountain Vista,The Westin Cancun Resort & Spa, Cancun,Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert,Westgate Flamingo Bay Resort From:01JAN To:22NOV,Westgate Flamingo Bay Resort From:18DEC To:31DEC,WorldMark Las Vegas,Sirena del Mar by Welk Resorts From:01JAN To:31DEC,Westin Kierland Villas,Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort,WorldMark Las Vegas on Spencer Street,The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa From:01JAN To:31DEC,The Westin Mission Hills Resort Villas,LodgesatTimberRidge-Welk Resorts Branson,Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas From:01JAN To:31DEC,WorldMark Rancho Vistoso From:01DEC To:31DEC,Willowbrook at Lake Harmony,This certificate has no cash value.

When I look at the areas and the lists of resorts where the AC cannot be used I am surprised with how many limitations there are. I'm half kidding, but it almost might have been easier to just list the resorts where it CAN be used. Ha ha.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I look at the areas and the lists of resorts where the AC cannot be used I am surprised with how many limitations there are. I'm half kidding, but it almost might have been easier to just list the resorts where it CAN be used. Ha ha.
Totally agree. And if that isn't bad enough, I think that there is a problem with my ability to set up an ongoing search because I can't find *anything* that qualifies for a search. I called them today but had to give up because I had to get back to work. Not impressed, honestly.

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Btw, I talked about "Choose Two" with them while I was on the phone. There seemed to be quite a few choices that are specifically prohibited in the AC terms. So don't forget about that benefit.

Edit: I'm not sure if that was clear. There are properties available on Choose 2 that are specifically excluded with my AC, Marriott Desert Springs and Shadow Ridge in Oct, for example. According to the T&C for the AC, those properties are off limits all year.

Last edited:

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sadly, the freebie AC’s we are given have better trading value then the one they give you for depositing.

I would have agreed with this up until a couple weeks ago. The ACs for deposit seemed to always be grid tied...no matter what, even last minute. So, a lot of really good last minute weeks were not getting seen with them. Lately though...I am seeing more decent LM options with the ACs for deposit than I have with the Freebies. Just this morning, I posted on the AC sighting thread a handful that I could see with deposit AC - but not with the freebie.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would have agreed with this up until a couple weeks ago. The ACs for deposit seemed to always be grid tied...no matter what, even last minute. So, a lot of really good last minute weeks were not getting seen with them. Lately though...I am seeing more decent LM options with the ACs for deposit than I have with the Freebies. Just this morning, I posted on the AC sighting thread a handful that I could see with deposit AC - but not with the freebie.
Good to know II is finally is giving better priority to those of us who get the AC from depositing.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good to know II is finally is giving better priority to those of us who get the AC from depositing.

Playing around with it this morning - the ACs for deposit pulled a 2 BR in Newport, RI and a 1 BR at InnSeason in Maine. Both for labor day weekend. None of the freebies pulled them.
I secured the Maine one for my parents.

Decision time - my one for deposit expires the 1st week in Sept. I was going to let it expire because Freebies were better. At this moment though...not the case. Need to decide if I will pay to extend or not now. Probably not.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playing around with it this morning - the ACs for deposit pulled a 2 BR in Newport, RI and a 1 BR at InnSeason in Maine. Both for labor day weekend. None of the freebies pulled them.

Decision time - my one for deposit expires the 1st week in Sept. I was going to let it expire because Freebies were better. At this moment though...not the case. Need to decide if I will pay to extend or not now. Probably not.
Great pull to get the Maine one. Have an offer to get freebie for depositing. Now will consider it.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

So are you seeing the more valuable trades closer to check in? I'm trying to figure out my strategy - manual search or OGS (which still won't work despite reaching out to Mark DelCampo).

One more thing - despite two reps telling me that I could use a Choose Two to get Marriott Palm Desert (all resorts) - going so far as to list dates and unit sizes - when I went to make the actual booking, it wouldn't work. So what I posted above was incorrect. Too bad but not surprised.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
So are you seeing the more valuable trades closer to check in? I'm trying to figure out my strategy - manual search or OGS (which still won't work despite reaching out to Mark DelCampo).

All I'm saying is that in the past it appears that ACs for deposit stuck to their grid - no matter what. Example: The grid tied to mine offered nothing in New England for the summer months. And throughout this summer that held up until a couple weeks ago, when all of a sudden some New England weeks were appearing. When they did, I checked the Freebie ACs (because they are cheaper to use) and I could not see the New England options.

As for your strategy, if you are looking for a location that is on the grid, then it is a no brainer, you should be setting up an OGS. If it is not no the grid, then manual the only way to go about it and hope it pops up. Depending on what you are looking for, could be the hard.

As for your choose II question, I haven't used this in a while as it usually does fit the high demand weeks/resorts I exchange into. But, Palm/Desert Springs in October are on the grid, so you should be able to use it there - my guess may be that the Marriott resorts may be excluded from the offer. Have you tried making your 1st exchange at the desired Marriott and then calling to see what is available for the 2nd - they may offer u[ a different resort.