• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Off I Go Again!

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
After enjoying a wonderful week in Paris, in May, I am now looking forward to visiting our son, daughter-in-law and two grandbabies in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. I am going on my own, as I am babysitting for a month ( September 10th to October 6, while our beautiful DIL takes courses to become a certified yoga instructor. Can’t wait to see them all!

Dh will fly over to join us at the end of September, and hopefully we can all celebrate our yoga grad’s success with a few days at a resort in Phu Quoc. We will head home the second week of October.

Dori

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great trip. I am of an age the Vietnam has me fascinated.

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
After enjoying a wonderful week in Paris, in May, I am now looking forward to visiting our son, daughter-in-law and two grandbabies in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. I am going on my own, as I am babysitting for a month ( September 10th to October 6, while our beautiful DIL takes courses to become a certified yoga instructor. Can’t wait to see them all!

Dh will fly over to join us at the end of September, and hopefully we can all celebrate our yoga grad’s success with a few days at a resort in Phu Quoc. We will head home the second week of October.

Dori
Have a great trip, Dori, and enjoy the time with your grandchildren. Elli

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sure will enjoy being with them, Elli! Our granddaughter is 5 years old, and grandson is 19 months. They were all here for Christmas, but it seems so long ago!

Dori

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sure will enjoy being with them, Elli! Our granddaughter is 5 years old, and grandson is 19 months. They were all here for Christmas, but it seems so long ago!

Dori
You are like us a 5 yr old granddaughter and a 15 month old grandson

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lucky you, Dori! Our kids are back home in D.C. and we love having them close to us, but I really miss visiting them in HCMC!

Have fun with those grandbabies!

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I'm sure your trip will be great since you are visiting family. However, a trip report would be wonderful. I'm intrigued but have visions of very hot and humid.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure your trip will be great since you are visiting family. However, a trip report would be wonderful. I'm intrigued but have visions of very hot and humid.

It will be hot and humid alright! I will post updates during my time there. This will be my 3rd trip to visit the kids. We were even there last trip (January, 2017) when our grandson was born. Got to hold him when he was just a few hours old!

Dori

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am so excited to finally be on my way to Ho Chi Minh! My flight leaves at 1:45 a.m.! 22 hours flight time and I'll be there! I'll try to visit here often to update, but with a 19 month old grandson and 5 year old beautiful granddaughter to babysit, I know I will be very busy! Can't wait to kiss those sweet faces!

Dori

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any time to post while I was in Vietnam, but thought I would take a few minutes to fill you in on my 5 week stay in Ho Chi Minh, babysitting our grandbabies. I had a wonderful time really getting to know the youngest, Sam, who just turned 21 months. We had such fun every day while our granddaughter was off to school. Getting them both fed, dressed and at the bus stop for 7:20 am wasn't always fun, but we managed to get there on time.
The weather is hot, but the humidity was brutal- almost 100% every day. I have never sweated in my life, but after playing at the playground and taking Sam in the stroller for a 40 minute walk, each morning, I was literally dripping! Their beautiful pool in their complex was so refreshing in the afternoons. Twice, Sam and I went to visit our son's school, American International School in Ho Chi Minh. It was so much fun seeing him in his classroom and visiting our granddaughter's Kindergarten class. It was nice to see and participate in their Mid-Autumn Festival.

Little coffee shops, bakeries and fruit stores are all very close to where they live, so stops were often built into our daily routines. I now have a passion for fresh coconut iced coffee!

Often on the weekends, we would get together with other AIS friends and co-workers. The closeness and comraderie is quite unique, as they are all ex-pats, so your teaching partners become your surrogate family. We attended a birthday party, craft beer night, and several group dinners at local restaurants.

After our daughter-in-law successfully completed her yoga instructors' course, we all took 4 days to stay on beautiful Phu Quoc Island, off the west coast, and it was just a perfect way to unwind and spend time together.

I am so glad I had this opportunity to help them out, and spend time with the grandkids.

Dori

Elli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know how it all worked out, Dori, I'm sure you would do it again, even with the high humidity.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
So nice that you had that opportunity!

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Thanks for sharing about your trip. So interesting to hear your personal experiences, although 22 hours of flight time sounds brutal!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoy and thanks for sharing your vacation experiences.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely an interesting trip. Great you were able to spend time with your family especially the grandchildren. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Congrats to your DIL too.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen people on House Hunters look for places to rent in Vietnam. Did the natives know English and did you mingle with them much? Seems like a fascinating country.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Patri, most of the residents in our son's lovely complex are expats and their spouses, and children. Many of the wives are either Vietnamese or Korean. It is very nice for my DIL, as she is Korean, so she has a nice group of friends to spend time with and have playdates with their children. The local merchants got to know me well, as I would take Sam almost every day for fresh fruit smoothies and iced coconut coffee (for me). They thought it was so funny that I couldn't seem to get the money straight, and they would write down the amounts for me. Most locals do not speak English, but they were very pleasant, and always had a smile.

Dori