• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We have Moe, he is about 13 or 14 and we have had him for 10 years, Shih Tzu/Lhasa cross. We were told his former owner had two or three little kids, got a new man in her life who told her to make a choice between him and the dog - I think we got the good end of the deal.

I would not hesitate to get another rescue dog, if/when that time comes.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess what kind of rescue dog I have? :) I've been involved in a weim rescue for years. My current weim is one I picked up the local animal control. She was about 10 months old and had a broken leg - we instantly bonded. She's 15 now, which is positively ancient in weim years but still going strong. The advantage of rescues is they are so appreciative of a second chance. Plus they are usually potty trained and can be matched to fit your personality.

Last edited:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went for a rollerblade with my son today and the topic of getting a shelter dog versus a puppy came up. We discussed the pros and cons of each and what is best for our family. In May, our chocolate lab, Coco, passed away after 7 wonderful years and left such a void in our lives. We were going to get another lab this summer but decided to wait, grieve, enjoy the summer and finish our planned travels before getting another dog. The more I think about it, the more I prefer an dog to a puppy, as long as it is a good match.

As long as Logan knows and understands that we are not trying to replace Coco and his memory, I think a rescue dog is a great plan, because no dog can replace Coco...

Attachments

• IMG_2745.JPG
    IMG_2745.JPG
    798.5 KB · Views: 20

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My best friend adopted me after going blind and his former family saw no value in him. He's the sweetest Lowchen (rarest purebred in America) ever.

We say, "Who rescued whom?"

Jim

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may interest some of you. Every day, being retired with time on my hands, I take my rescued German Shepherd to a local Dog Park so he can run around and "socialize". While I am there I talk to many of the other dog owners. My unofficial, unscientific survey tells me somewhere around 70% of the dogs at the Park are "Rescue Dogs".

George

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I went for a rollerblade with my son today and the topic of getting a shelter dog versus a puppy came up. We discussed the pros and cons of each and what is best for our family. In May, our chocolate lab, Coco, passed away after 7 wonderful years and left such a void in our lives. We were going to get another lab this summer but decided to wait, grieve, enjoy the summer and finish our planned travels before getting another dog. The more I think about it, the more I prefer an dog to a puppy, as long as it is a good match.

As long as Logan knows and understands that we are not trying to replace Coco and his memory, I think a rescue dog is a great plan, because no dog can replace Coco...
I'm sorry bbout your loss of Coco.

By the way, there are rescue puppies. You don't have to get a puppy from a pet store or a breeder. Just search petfinder.com to find rescue and shelter pets that fit your criteria.

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have Moe, he is about 13 or 14 and we have had him for 10 years, Shih Tzu/Lhasa cross. We were told his former owner had two or three little kids, got a new man in her life who told her to make a choice between him and the dog - I think we got the good end of the deal.

I would not hesitate to get another rescue dog, if/when that time comes.

I am SURE u got the best end of the deal. Her new man sounds like an ...

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only had rescue dogs or dogs that came from surprise litters for the past 30 years. One of my first was gotten rid of by her owners because she had 3 litters of puppies in 3 years. Funny, after she moved in with us, and a quick trip to the vet, she had no more puppies.

You can get purebred puppies and dogs at animal shelters too. And from rescue groups. Ours have all been mixed breeds and there's nothing wrong with that.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My unofficial, unscientific survey tells me somewhere around 70% of the dogs at the Park are "Rescue Dogs".

That sounds about right around here, too. It's almost unheard of to meet someone with a dog they bought from a breeder. I suppose those that do are more prone to go to dog shows than to mingle in dog parks. :D

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I've done my bit: we have 2 dogs (that rescued us) now. Meet Sophie (Cane Corso) and MacWhisky (Rat Terrorist).

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Every month is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month around here.

Every dog we've had for the last 41 years has been an adopted shelter dog. My avatar is Cookie, who we had the privilege and pleasure of living with for 16 years of those 41 years.

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will

Here's a photo of my rescue dog, Will. He's very special!

Attachments

• Happy Boy.jpg
    Happy Boy.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 9