• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

October 2020 Discount at Bonnet Creek?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I just saw a points discount for Bonnet Creek for a trip in October. I have a trip booked already Oct 28-Nov 4 in a 2 bedroom deluxe for 112,000 points. I booked at he ARP date and requested an upgrade which, of course, I wouldn’t get until September 28th, if then. I just checked to see what kind of rooms are still available for that timeframe and noticed it is showing a 20% discount. I’ve never seen a discount for dates this far out and since we actually need a 3 bedroom now, I called the Wyndham VIP line to see if there really was a discount or if this was a mistake. The lady I spoke with was very nice and said that sometimes resorts do offer discounts like this, either for certain dates or room types. She asked if I wanted her to go ahead and make the new reservation for me and she took care of it.

I just got lucky and found this. Halloween is on Saturday during this timeframe so I’m really surprised. Has anyone else seen discounts this far in advance? The ones listed on the resorts deals page usually require travel within a few weeks or 2-3 months at the most.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Thanks for the heads up. We have gone to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal the last 2 years and will go back this year and just booked a 3br Sunday to sunday including Halloween. We usually go in September but that can be really hot, wanted October this year and this works out good. To answer your question, I think it's a bit odd to have a discount this far in advance because it's always full when we go. Halloween Horroe Nights and the Epcot food and wine festival keep things going pretty good in the slow period between summer and the holidays.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Thanks for the heads up. We have gone to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal the last 2 years and will go back this year and just booked a 3br Sunday to sunday including Halloween. We usually go in September but that can be really hot, wanted October this year and this works out good. To answer your question, I think it's a bit odd to have a discount this far in advance because it's always full when we go. Halloween Horroe Nights and the Epcot food and wine festival keep things going pretty good in the slow period between summer and the holidays.
We’re actually going for the Food & Wine Festival (25th anniversary year!). It just so happens that the weekend we can go is Halloween. We’ve never been there for Halloween but have been to the F&W festival several times. November is a great time to go. Not as crowded and not as hot.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Last Oct I got a 35% discount and an upgrade from 1 bedroom to 2 bedrooms and I'm resale. I noticed Nov and Dec are more booked than Oct even though it's "value" season. I wouldn't hold your breath about Oct being cool. I live near Orlando and yesterday it was 85 degrees.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
I see the Weekdays Discounted but no the Weekends. Still I was planning on staying onsite Disney but maybe I'll stay on Bonnet Creek?
Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 5.57.49 PM.png

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Since you were considering DVC, I would still try out DVC if I were you. Animal Kingdom Loge is a vacation destination on its own. Sanaa is my favorite restaurant on property and it's only 1 table service credit. You can see the Savannah from your table and the bread service is amazing. I've even sat in the lounge before just to eat the bread lol.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Current Deals....but it appear BC is having other dates or promo is coded wrong.

1578268977342.png

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Current Deals....but it appear BC is having other dates or promo is coded wrong.

View attachment 16101

Somebody posted recently that the deals page isn’t always updated promptly. I got a discount at Austin that wasn’t listed there a few months ago, but the Bonnet Creek one is much further in advance than I got, which was ~2 months or so.