• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceanwatch Rennovations

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are checking in to OceanWatch this weekend.. :whoopie: Excited about spending Thanksgiving there as it has been in the 70s here all week and hope it continues.. Just received an e-mail from Marriott regarding renovations... Let me know if there are any questions while we are there!

Thank you for choosing Marriott's OceanWatch for your upcoming vacation. We wanted to let you know that the resort will be undergoing some renovations through March 15, 2012.

This will include construction of a serenity pool in the woodsy area, Lobby refurbishment and villa interior refurbishment in the Starfish and Maple buildings. Construction work will take place between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. daily, and resort amenities will not be affected.

sail27bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have a great time. :) We were there this past August and loved it!! Stayed in Maple which was really nice. Hope you have great weather and an enjoyable Thanksgiving.

Anita

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
We just got back and they have not started the renovations for the new pool in the woodsy area yet. I also did not see any other renovations going on.

It was in the mid 70's most of the week we were there. Were stayed in an ocean front unit in the Starfish building on an Interval exchange back into OceanWatch. FYI, the woodsy pool has sun longer than seaside pool except for the grassy area nearest the beach but it is breezier there. The woodsy pool water was also warmer. Have a great trip.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just purchased at OceanWatch. If you log onto the Marriott owner site and click on OceanWatch, there is a letter posted from the home owners association explaining the improvements. It's a very nice and detailed letter. I heard they were taking out a pond and putting the new pool there, but I do not know where, exactly. In touring the resort this past summer there was a rather large pond adjacent to the Woodsy pool that had several levels of a pool deck built around the pond. That was the only pond I remember but seems like it would be expensive to remove that pond and put a pool there.

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much! The pool information is great! Our daughter loves the pools and playing in the sand... We haven't been there before and are looking forward to it.. On another note.. any suggestions on restaurants and things to do? We went to the aquarium and the alligator place last summer.. Dd is 2 so toddler friendly suggestions would be great!

Jim - I am glad you found your OceanWatch week! I remember you looking for one after your week at Ocean Boulevard last summer.. funny cause we also bought into Marriott after staying at Ocean Boulevard in July and wanted something a little nicer than Wyndham.. :)

chuckles

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are checking in to OceanWatch this weekend.. :whoopie: Excited about spending Thanksgiving there as it has been in the 70s here all week and hope it continues.. Just received an e-mail from Marriott regarding renovations... Let me know if there are any questions while we are there!

We'll be there for Thanksgiving week also. Good to see that other tuggers will be there as well. I hope we all have a wonderful time.

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
We checked in today and was upgraded to a high floor oceanfront unit in Starfish! :cheer: Was totally not expecting it as the II exchange was for an oceanview unit and I've read so much about the room assignments at OceanWatch..

The front desk made a point in telling me that I was on an II exchange which was a little weird since non of the other Marriott properties I have been to made that as an opening comment upon check-in... :rolleyes:

bobcat

TUG Member
Reaction score
We checked in today and was upgraded to a high floor oceanfront unit in Starfish! :cheer: Was totally not expecting it as the II exchange was for an oceanview unit and I've read so much about the room assignments at OceanWatch..

The front desk made a point in telling me that I was on an II exchange which was a little weird since non of the other Marriott properties I have been to made that as an opening comment upon check-in... :rolleyes:

We stayed there this past week. We did an II trade in to the resort. We also were upgraded to a O F Starfish 16th floor unit. Check in was fast and clerk was great. We had a great week. We found some nice places to eat. Also did Christmas shopping. Best part was it is only 55 miles away from where we live. Enjoy your stay.

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Congrats! Upgrade is a rare case :)
I am going there next March during spring break. Would love to stay one of those renovated unit.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they are doing a floor by floor rehab of one of the back buildings. I wonder if all these upgrades are a direct result of the unit rehabs.

Does anyone know where the new pool is going?

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
From the newletter:

The location of this pool is planned for the quiet area in front of the Maple Villa and we anticipate shovel in ground sometime in late fall.

After being there and seeing the layout of the quiet area I would have to guess they are replacing the fountain with a serenity pool.