• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceantime - Ocean City, MD

ocowner

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I haven't received my statement for the 2009 annual fee yet, and check out the website for Defender Resorts to get a phone number and call tomorrow about what the status is. Well, it doesn't appear Oceantime is included anymore in their list of managed resorts. I haven't received any notice of a mgmt co. change, or when the statements will be mailed, by whom, or when they are due. Has anyone else?

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had the same concern..so I called Defenders and a very polite person stated they are not the managing agent anymore..that a new company would be taking over on Jan. 1st..Paradise Properties located in Ocean City MD..
they gave me a phone number which on Dec. 31st I was able to talk with Fred and he said the maint fees bills will be going out the end of the week..I was hoping to receive it today.but no luck..the problem was that Defenders would not turn over any of the information until Dec. 31st before they could receive owner information etc...What surprised me was that the board did not have this info??? And the board could not send out a notices to all owners???
I owe two weeks..one of which is week 3..and I attempted to deposit with RCI..
but still pending until the maint. fee is paid..now it really will be a dog deposit..and hope they still accept it while I sit and wait for the maint. bill..
Better communications between the board and its owners would have helped here. I'll be looking for the Postal Carrier Saturday so I can quickly mail the check. Good Luck.

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
OCEANTIME BIG INCREASE ON MAINTENANCE FEES 588 to 715

As stated again MY ERROR Wrong resort Oceantime fees are $370 for 2009. I also own at The Waves next door to Oceantime fees jumped from $588 to $715...Please accept my apologies
Bill in BelAir
Bill in BelAir, Md

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Time

Has anyone else received their statement
with the correct amount for maint. fees ?

ocowner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a corrected amount? I got my bill right after the new year (soon after my original post) and it was $370, due on 1/31. It's never been as high as $588, now up to $715? Bill in BA, are you referencing the correct resort? Or, should I be watching the mail for bad news...

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received my maint fee bill two weeks ago. and it only went up slightly..
$370 for 2009 and nothing attached with other information..
Could it be the fees will be determined to the week you own?
that high demand week will cost more? Just thinking if maybe thats the plan.
How long ago did you receive this info regarding $715 dues?

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oops I am sorry maintenace fees are just $370 My Error

Hello, Everyone MY ERROR I am sorry.. Oceantime are just $370 We also own next door at THE WAVES THAT went from $588 or so to $715 for reasons that aging owners fixed income so remaining owners burden the increase for those that do not pay.
Again I am sorry
Bill in BelAir

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Time

mbender10 - liborn2

Does the statement say what company took over
Would you please post or pm me the new manage
ment phone number to call in order to pay my fees

Thanks

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Info requested.

Marty..sorry to hear they missed the mailing to you..
but here is what I received:
2009 Maintenance fee: $370 per interval
Make check payable to Ocean Time Condominium
Mail to: Ocean Time Condominium, Inc.
c/o Paradise Properties, Inc.
12505 Coastal Hwy, Suite #11
Ocean City, MD 21842
The 2009 fees will be due on or before January 31st. Late charges if not received by Feb. 15, 2009.

Other info: Paradise Properties Inc has been selected to manage our property.
Check in/Out: 12505 Coastal Hwy, Suite 11, Ocean City MD 21842
(125th St (bayside) in the Bank of Delmarva building, ground floor west entrance). Office hrs: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am-10pm
1114 fax
Fred C. Wetzelberger, President, who managed our property previously for many years..you might remember him.
Hope this helps.

forfun

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if ALL the units have been refurburished? I was there in March 2008 and although I enjoyed the new fireplace, would have rather been walking on new carpet and sitting on new furniture.

Just wondering

liborn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
update

Here's what they sent the owners
The board has approved contracts to paint all interiors, re-carpet and purchase new sofas, chairs, window treatments and spreads. The work is expected to be completed by the end of week 14.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Time Maintenance Fees

The 2009 Fees will be due on or before January 31, 2009
* 10% Late Charge if not Received by February 15, 2009

Paradise Properties is not accepting Credit Card
Payments for Ocean Time Maintenance Fees....