• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceanfront 3BR | Daytona Beach | Wyndham Ocean Walk | Oct 25-30

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
May 12, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day

neuroDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
Oceanfront balcony
$500

Last minute deal! PM me if interested.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Presidential Resorts Wilderness VA, Wyndham Myrtle Beach SC,
The Quarter House, New Orleans LA
Is this a lock out/off?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
There are no 3BR lock offs at Ocean Walk. Two types of 2Br LO but not 3BR LOs.
Thank you. Good to know as we are also looking to own at Ocean
Walk , preferably a lock off ...space for our grandchildren:)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Thank you. Good to know as we are also looking to own at Ocean
Walk , preferably a lock off ...space for our grandchildren:)

The cheaper of the two lock off units at Ocean Walk (2BR Lock Off) is the one I always try to reserve. The other one is called 2BR Deluxe Lock Off.

The 2BR Lock Off unit (made up of a 1BR Deluxe connected to a 1BR Suite) has an oceanfront balcony, The 1BR Suite has a window to the corridor but does have a king bed, sleeper-sofa, small living/dining area, and mini-kitchen. I've used similar units at other resorts to telework but it should work well for children.

The 2BR Deluxe Lock Off has two balconies but neither is oceanfront.

Here are the floor plans.

Attachments

• 2BR Deluxe LO.jpeg
    2BR Deluxe LO.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Ocean Walk 2BR Lockoff.gif
    Ocean Walk 2BR Lockoff.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
The cheaper of the two lock off units at Ocean Walk (2BR Lock Off) is the one I always try to reserve. The other one is called 2BR Deluxe Lock Off.

The 2BR Lock Off unit (made up of a 1BR Deluxe connected to a 1BR Suite) has an oceanfront balcony, The 1BR Suite has a window to the corridor but does have a king bed, sleeper-sofa, small living/dining area, and mini-kitchen. I've used similar units at other resorts to telework but it should work well for children.

The 2BR Deluxe Lock Off has two balconies but neither is oceanfront.

I'll pull and attach floor plans.
I appreciate this information. It helps me realize the difference.
We definitely would like to have the oceanfront balcony. I reckon the Corridor window will be OK for the grandchildren.
By any chance have you seen this property, Ocean Walk Wyndham, on the resale market?

we would like to purchase Ownership at this location.
note to self: update TUG wish list, look for OceanWalk.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I appreciate this information. It helps me realize the difference.
We definitely would like to have the oceanfront balcony. I reckon the Corridor window will be OK for the grandchildren.
By any chance have you seen this property, Ocean Walk Wyndham, on the resale market?

we would like to purchase Ownership at this location.
note to self: update TUG wish list, look for OceanWalk.

I haven't seen much except for small contracts -- 77K, 84K, 126K.

I don't know what you have in mind but I think a nice size initial contract is 308,000. That will give you a 2BR Lock Off or even a 3BR Deluxe in Prime season (105,000 + 145,000) with enough left over for a weekend somewhere. The points will go even further in High or Value season.

Attachments

• Ocean Walk points chart.jpg
    Ocean Walk points chart.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another thing to consider, especially if you can travel on short notice is that a VIP owner can book for a lot fewer points than a non-VIP owner.

I routinely book 1BR units with a 50% discount and upgrade them to 2BR Deluxe, 2BR Lock Off, or 2BR Presidential units, depending on the resort.

sharewhereMiMi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten VA,
Another thing to consider, especially if you can travel on short notice is that a VIP owner can book for a lot fewer points than a non-VIP owner.

I routinely book 1BR units with a 50% discount and upgrade them to 2BR Deluxe, 2BR Lock Off, or 2BR Presidential units, depending on the resort.
Again my sincere appreciation on your seasoned experience at TS ownership. One of the reasons of joining TUG is reading and learning of the ways of the Wise. Thank you ChapJim

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
May 12, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day