• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Walk South Tower Maintenance/Improvements

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The following three maintenance/improvement items are significant for those who will be staying in the south tower between now and Race Weeks:

* Sprinkler system inspection and repairs where necessary have started. Floors 19 down to 16 ongoing this month. We'll be doing about a floor a week, finishing in January.

* Resurfacing the south pool deck with commercial grade pavers, so there will be no more painting of the pool deck. This project to start after Biketoberfest and last about 6 weeks, skipping major holidays. Work is scheduled in phases to minimize inconvenience, and guests will have at least two major water features and one outdoor hot tub to enjoy while the project is proceeding from south to north. This project will include replacing the push doors from the lobby to the pool deck with automatic sliding doors like doors from the lower level to the pool.

* Subsequent to last December's firemain rupture and flooding, carpet in common area hallways from the 5th floor up to 13th floor will be renewed. We believe we have a plan to minimize inconvenience and will tweak it if we can make it even less painful. New carpet requires a 90 minute glue drying time for sections of each hallway as it is installed with padding. Guests to be notified before their unit is impacted. There will be no night-time installation due to noise. Work will start on 13th floor and end on 5th floor. Three sections of each floor will be removed and installed one at a time so that it is less intrusive to daytime traffic.

Uncle Davey, Director, Ocean Walk Resort Condominium Association

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The following three maintenance/improvement items are significant for those who will be staying in the south tower between now and Race Weeks...

I own in the north tower, but I have many reservations for 1 Bedroom (standard) condos which are only in the south tower. I have not received any notice of cancellations as of yet. Is everything squared away or will Wyndham have to cancel some south tower reservations because of the projects?

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No Cancellations Anticipated

Work being done so as to not necessitate cancellations. You may have to stay away from a single portion of a given floor for 90 minutes while the glue dries, which could mean staying in your unit for 90 minutes. Ask at check-in to be put on a floor that will not be done the weeks that you are there and they may be able to accommodate you. 19th floor, for example, should be no problem at all.
Uncle Davey

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are rentals for my snowbirds. I will check ands see if any of them will be effected by the projects. I would rather they not have conditions when they arrive.

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: South Tower Common Areas

The carpeting project is proceeding as planned. The 13th, 12th, 11th and 10th floors are done. Next week carpet will be removed from 8th and 9th floor on Monday and Tuesday. The installation for 8th floor will begin Tuesday to Wednesday and 9th floor Thursday through Friday. Guests and owners will be given Notices on their doors the evening before to advise them of the 2 hour drying period on the carpet pad and carpet as we have done on previous floors.

New pavers have been installed around the pool: next to be done is around the lazy river.

New automatic sliding doors have been installed from the lobby to the pool area. These are similar to the doors at the main entrance and the lower level to the pool area.
Six public restrooms will be remodeled: one pair at a time.

Uncle Davey, an OWRCA Director

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
That explains Wyndham keeping a lot of units that are cancelled there.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope someone will post pictures of the new hallway carpet. It was looking a bit ratty when we were there in November.

The new pool deck paving is beautiful. I saw it at night. Here's a reminder of what it looked like before on the steps.
WP_20151111_17_59_34_Pro%201_zpsfec6dcdr.jpg

And what he newly paver-covered steps look like.
WP_20151111_17_56_55_Pro_zpsq7e6as5f.jpg

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
New carpet is same as before except cleaner and wasn't in last year's flood (which was Dec 3).
Uncle Davey

Attachments

• IMG_5568.jpg
    IMG_5568.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 33

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Flooring Update

The new carpet installation on floors 5 through 13 has been completed. The new tile in the elevator lobbies of floors 9 through 13 started this week. The same installation company who installed the carpet will be installing the tile on floors 9 through 13 on this following schedule:

December 15 through 18 floors 9 and 10 will be installed

No work will be done during Christmas and New Years

January 5 through 8th floors 11 and 12 will be installed

January 21 through 23 floor 13 will be installed.

Should this process go easier than we anticipate this job may be completed sooner.